I've been trying to determine what if anything BB the Password Keeper is good for other than a password protected list of passwords?

It seems third party PW keepers which work with or inside a Web browser are much better functionally.

Even using firefox password function seems superior, so what am I not seeing?
    04-14-17 06:59 PM
    For certain apps you can set your passwords to autofill with the BlackBerry pw keeper. I guess it's up to you if you choose to use something different. I tend to not use the autofill function on websites anyway and prefer to enter passwords each time. I use the pw keeper for autofill on banking apps as well as a place to keep track of passwords I may not remember that I need to enter on websites. It does the job for me
    miker476 likes this.
    04-14-17 07:02 PM
    If there's one thing they do good is Password Keeper.

It scans all your entries to let you know the strength of each one. Keeps track of all the past passwords that you had. You can export it and import it so that you don't lose your entries.

Best of all, it's never been hacked or cracked. All of it's stored locally on your device. Can't say the same for LastPass or others who are stored on other servers and get hacked.
    miker476 likes this.
    04-14-17 07:38 PM
    I am a long time BlackBerry user but have never tried it. How does it exactly work?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:41 PM
    I am a long time BlackBerry user but have never tried it. How does it exactly work?

Posted via CB10
    Open it. Set a master password. Create entries to whatever accounts you want. It'll let you know how strong your passwords are.

Doesn't hurt to open it up, play around with it and configure it.
    04-14-17 07:42 PM
    I've been trying to determine what if anything BB the Password Keeper is good for other than a password protected list of passwords?

It seems third party PW keepers which work with or inside a Web browser are much better functionally.

Even using firefox password function seems superior, so what am I not seeing?
    Well, that's exactly what it is. If you use the same password for every app and website, then you don't need Password Keeper. You need a therapist.
    mbirth, VeryBumpy and blueyestm like this.
    04-14-17 07:45 PM
    Open it. Set a master password. Create entries to whatever accounts you want. It'll let you know how strong your passwords are.

Doesn't hurt to open it up, play around with it and configure it.
    Can you then login to websites using it without typing in your credentials?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:47 PM
    Can you then login to websites using it without typing in your credentials?

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    04-14-17 08:33 PM
    It's actually a great app!

BB PW Keeper, why?-img_20170414_223316.png

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.3.2205 
    04-14-17 09:34 PM
    Yes

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    No. It allows you to either copy the username and/or the password though so you don't have to type it all in.

But really, open the app and play with it. It's not rocket science and you can't mess anything up. Password Keeper has been around for so long now that I'm surprised people don't know about it or don't know how to use it.

It's exactly what its name is. A password keeper. You create entries in there for whatever website, app, etc that you want. It'll store your username, password and whatever notes you want to make.
    04-14-17 10:37 PM
    Yup similar to Keychain on ios. I just started using it but haven't got to the point of allowing it to Autofill yet. Just going to use it to store the passwords instead of having 20 pieces of ripped paper hidden around the house

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    04-14-17 10:46 PM
    I love PW Keeper. Yes there are lots of other apps to use can you trust those developers with your info? I trust BlackBerry when it comes to security.
    04-16-17 12:25 AM
    I love PW Keeper. Yes there are lots of other apps to use can you trust those developers with your info? I trust BlackBerry when it comes to security.
    Yes,I trust the people who made KeePass.

There's a version for all OS and devices. Apparently,even BB10. 😐
    04-16-17 01:45 AM
    I love Password Keeper too. It suits me perfectly fine, it is a protected list of my passwords. It generates useful passwords for me and is easy in use. Must admit, I turned cloud synchronisation off, for some reason I have it in my mind that it doesn't work on Android anyway?

The funtionality you mean, that passwords are automatically filled in through a browser extension, in my opinion, increases the risks that soemone else can steal your passwords. Sure, there may not be a known way to do that right now, but who knows about tomorrow? It's an individual balance between security and convenience. A lot of people confuse convenience for security, like biometrical data such as finger prints as passwords too. I think it can apply to browser extension or online back-ups of password managers as well. The balance tips differently for everybody, so go what works for you.
    04-16-17 07:13 AM
    No. It allows you to either copy the username and/or the password though so you don't have to type it all in.

But really, open the app and play with it. It's not rocket science and you can't mess anything up. Password Keeper has been around for so long now that I'm surprised people don't know about it or don't know how to use it.

It's exactly what its name is. A password keeper. You create entries in there for whatever website, app, etc that you want. It'll store your username, password and whatever notes you want to make.
    It auto fills if you use the built in browser. Not sure what you mean by saying it doesnt.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-16-17 10:24 AM
    My mistake. I don't use that functionality of it.
    04-16-17 12:06 PM
    I use a password vault app that is cross-platform (with Windows/Mac ports). No server functionality unless I configure such using other tools. Everything is local.

I've been using Ascendo Datavault for years across platforms for a long time.
    04-16-17 01:07 PM
    I use it for all my passwords. No cloud, but that's good in my opinion!

You can copy your password without ever showing it or other detailed information from the website list.

I use it to generate all my passwords and then I add random characters until the password strength is at its highest.

Downside? I'm screwed if I lose my Z30 or it dies!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 05:41 PM
    I use it for all my passwords. No cloud, but that's good in my opinion!

You can copy your password without ever showing it or other detailed information from the website list.

I use it to generate all my passwords and then I add random characters until the password strength is at its highest.

Downside? I'm screwed if I lose my Z30 or it dies!

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about you Z30 but on android you can Export the password keeper file. Why not do that and save it to SD card or on a PC somewhere? If your Z30 dies, you can import it into password keeper on another device.
    04-17-17 05:46 PM
    Not sure about you Z30 but on android you can Export the password keeper file. Why not do that and save it to SD card or on a PC somewhere? If your Z30 dies, you can import it into password keeper on another device.
    Thanks for that advice. I will have to look into it. My link died with Windows 10, so no backup that way, but I will try for the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 06:27 PM
    Well look at this!

BB PW Keeper, why?-img_20170417_192831.png

For better or worse, I trust the BlackBerry cloud more than others!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 06:29 PM
    Thanks for that advice. I will have to look into it. My link died with Windows 10, so no backup that way, but I will try for the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    You dont need link. Just Export the file to your devices then plug it in and drag and drop it to your PC.
    04-17-17 06:33 PM
    Well look at this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170417_192831.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	421409

For better or worse, I trust the BlackBerry cloud more than others!

Posted via CB10
    Not available on Android I don't believe so if you do go to a device other then BB10 after I don't believe you would be able to export.
    04-17-17 06:34 PM
    Not available on Android I don't believe so if you do go to a device other then BB10 after I don't believe you would be able to export.

Good to note! That's a shame that BlackBerry Android does not work with BlackBerry Protect.

BB PW Keeper, why?-img_20170417_193351.png

File exported!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 06:35 PM
    Love Password Keeper ... been using it for 10 years. I currently have about 365 passwords in Password Keeper.

And I use the Password Keeper Browser quite often to automatically login to certain websites.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 09:02 PM
34 12