So my niece BBMs me from the bus after a football game, "Mom misplaced her phone, you can't message her, we don't know where it is."

Neither of them even know BlackBerry Protect exists. So I fire it up, and yes, my sister's Z30 appears to be exactly where her football seats are. I checked a few more times, says accurate within 6 meters, no movement. So she calls the stadium and it's closed. The outdoor stadium where it likes to rain every time we go for a game.

The phone is locked with a message on the screen right now. It's great to know where it is and lousy to not be able to get to it.

I hope it doesn't rain. Oh man that would suck. I hope the dew overnight isn't enough moisture to do damage. I hope the cleaning crew doesn't step on it.

So many things to obsess over.

This is why football stadiums need covers.

Posted via CB10
    notafanboy likes this.
    07-12-14 02:28 AM
    Good story, another reason to go BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    notafanboy likes this.
    07-12-14 04:12 AM
    Thanks for sharing

#BBFactCheck
    07-12-14 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    honestly a Sony Xperia Z2 has better chances in surviving that now, and yes, it does have a Sony equivalent to BB Protect
    07-12-14 08:20 AM
    I would go there at night and hop the fence. No way my z10 would be sitting there all alone. Goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:02 AM
    Sadly there was no fence that we could hop. Cement walls. It's still sitting in the exact same spot and the place is now open as a drop in fitness center so they're headed over to look.

It didn't rain. (yay!) And I now see a value in waterproofing a phone that I never thought of before.

I still think the stadium needs a lid though, because while I am waterproof, I do get cranky when I get rained on.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:52 AM
    And they found it! Safe and sound! So glad this feature worked so well.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:21 AM
    Excellent news. Glad to hear it worked out in the end.
    07-12-14 10:37 AM
    And they found it! Safe and sound! So glad this feature worked so well.

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic! You saved the day!
    07-12-14 10:57 AM
    It would have been such bad timing to lose it. I just finished unlocking that Z30 and 3 other phones, bought and loaded ROAM Mobile SIM cards because we're leaving for San Diego next week. Would have been one phone short.

But all is well now and my sister went to buy me a present.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is not BlackBerry specific features. Almost every major Os have this feature built in or with apps.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    07-12-14 12:08 PM
    This is not BlackBerry specific features. Almost every major Os have this feature built in or with apps.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Well at least it worked in BlackBerry and they were able to tracked / recovered the phone . Not all android phone have this security feature.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-12-14 07:25 PM
    Well at least it worked in BlackBerry and they were able to tracked / recovered the phone .

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:25 PM
    Well at least it worked in BlackBerry and they were able to tracked / recovered the phone . Not all android phone have this security feature.

Posted via CB10
    All Android devices 2.2 and up connected to the PlayStore have access to Android Device Manager. If you have that old a phone and you can't have it do you really care if you find it?
    07-12-14 10:18 PM
    All Android devices 2.2 and up connected to the PlayStore have access to Android Device Manager. If you have that old a phone and you can't have it do you really care if you find it?
    Yes I would. What about personal information on it? Doesn't matter how "old" the phone is.
    07-12-14 10:46 PM
    07-13-14 08:22 AM
    Yes other OS's can do this too, but glad anytime a lost phone is found. Good news!

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    07-13-14 08:29 AM
    Yes I would. What about personal information on it? Doesn't matter how "old" the phone is.
    Obviously if you have a phone that old you don't value even a bit a privacy. You can't connect to the Playstore, an apps you have cannot be updated for security/features. Froyo 2.2 only has .7 percent of the devices connected to Playstore so whatever lower percent has a lower version can't be all concerned about their privacy.
    07-13-14 12:49 PM
    Obviously if you have a phone that old you don't value even a bit a privacy. You can't connect to the Playstore, an apps you have cannot be updated for security/features. Froyo 2.2 only has .7 percent of the devices connected to Playstore so whatever lower percent has a lower version can't be all concerned about their privacy.
    What I meant was I would want to get any phone back if lost or stolen, no matter how old because of personal information on it. So don't jump on me about privacy. I take privacy and security very seriously. Probably more so than you do.
    07-13-14 02:21 PM