The first part of April I changed my cel plan to two smart phones through Altel.. Well I'm having problems with both phones.
    Mine is a Tour 9630 the first tour lasted 4 days before the problems started,
    1. It wouldn't notify me when I rec. text mess.
    2. I would have to open the text file to retrieve the mess.
    3. When I sent texts it wouldn't show that I sent them. the screen would
    be just like it is when I'm writing the text.
    4. The phone would only vibrate.
    So Altel gave me anothe phone, the same type, well here last week a little over a month later the caller i.d. quit working, When I call the id works when that person calls it just shows the number and or the words no caller.

The personal ring tones all reverted to classic phone rings and couldn't be changed. And last nite I was add number to my contracts and when I hit save all my numbers were wiped out.

All my problems with the second phone started last week when I deleted an email account from my phone, if that helps...

Altel is sending me a 3rd phone that I'll have to take too altell and switch out.

That last problem is the wife's phone a curve II won't charge using some computers. It shuts down.

Are these porblems I can expect in the future?
    I must admit I'm frustrated with this whole deal.

Thanks for any information you can give.
    05-02-10 03:15 AM
    You clearly have a lot of issues. Ever consider user error?
    05-02-10 03:44 AM
    That really does sound like a LOT of problems. Try the third phone and see. If this happens tell Alltel and tell them to switch the phone model to something else.
    As for your wife's curve, how does it like shut down? Does it show the clock or the two icons(computer and phone)? Or does it shut down completely like a battery pull?
    05-02-10 03:54 AM
    That really does sound like a LOT of problems. Try the third phone and see. If this happens tell Alltel and tell them to switch the phone model to something else.
    As for your wife's curve, how does it like shut down? Does it show the clock or the two icons(computer and phone)? Or does it shut down completely like a battery pull?
    When I plug the curve into the computer the screen goes black with the BB icon on the computer saying the computer found a new device and on the phone the led light flashes red none of the buttons on the phone work.
    When I unplug it the phone turns back on and goes through start up and security check. Which takes about 3 minutes.
    05-02-10 06:48 AM
    You clearly have a lot of issues. Ever consider user error?
    You sound like a troll. If you don't have anything useful to add, please leave.
    05-02-10 06:51 AM
    You sound like a troll. If you don't have anything useful to add, please leave.
    Agreed. That comment was not helpful in any way to him. But remember, DNFTT.
    All of those problems mentioned in the post sound like software problems, not hardware ones. Once again, check in with Alltel.
    Curve problem: That's really odd. Because if the device shuts down it will not be able to connect to the computer... I would suggest sending it back to repair.
    05-02-10 07:13 AM
    Agreed. That comment was not helpful in any way to him. But remember, DNFTT.
    All of those problems mentioned in the post sound like software problems, not hardware ones. Once again, check in with Alltel.
    Curve problem: That's really odd. Because if the device shuts down it will not be able to connect to the computer... I would suggest sending it back to repair.
    Saturday, a employee did say they are having problems with the curve and are working on the problem of the phone shutting down. Thanks for your input kb.
    05-03-10 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD