Hi All,

I have done a search here and have not found an answer to my issue.

I recently switched from iPhone to an unlocked bold 9780 for several reasons. I am trying to get the podcast app to work but am not having much luck. I have properly subscribed to the desired channel as I can see the info in the podcast player's pick list, but nothing seems to download. New podcasts are posted daily and I get nothing. I have tried resynching the subscription and manually checking for downloads. I'm with at&t, but my phone is unlocked and unbranded.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks for any advise. This is a great forum.
    09-20-11 03:26 PM
    Try deleting the MediaConfig file from the service book and do a battery pull.
    Tedley24 likes this.
    09-20-11 03:47 PM
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot, once I figure out how to edit a service book.
    09-20-11 10:06 PM
    Hi Tedley24,

Are you connected to WiFi? Usually the Podcasts app is set to only download over WiFi by default. This is to save you from accidentally using up hundreds of MBs of data as some podcasts can be quite large, such as video podcasts.

Cheers,
    Tedley24 likes this.
    09-21-11 06:10 AM
    Yeah, check whatever options you can....

I use PodTrapper, and there are options in there for things like, download only while charging, download only on wifi, etc......

So that type of thing could be your issue.....
    Tedley24 likes this.
    09-21-11 07:46 AM
    Thanks for all the help so far. I am using just wifi and have the app set accordingly. I only have 200mb/mo and don't want to go over.

Also, I tried removing the mediaconfig from the service book accompanied by a battery pull and that did not work. I still see the subscription but get no updates.

I might take a look at podTrapper
    09-21-11 11:55 AM
    You might also want to try removing some of your subscriptions and then re-adding them. You never know.

BTW, if you tried PodTrapper, you will love it. Easily one of the best $10 I have ever spent!!!

You can get a free, full featured trial for 30 days: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/108
    Tedley24 likes this.
    09-21-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD