Folks,

Is there one BB phone that seems to have a better antenna than the others getting a stronger signal in tough places to grab enough signal strength to make or receive a call?

I know my curve does better than my wife's palm in most places, but she is looking to replace it (on Verizon) and wants something that works better than 1 bar...
    05-25-11 07:51 AM
    Mine. It's the best.

Seriously, though, I think BlackBerries have the best radios in the industry (second only to Nokia, at least, back in the day). I get reception in a lot of places where my friends do not, especially if they are on older featurephones. The radio .cod file and location of the device will give you different results, so I'm not sure how to determine which model has the best reception.
    05-25-11 10:00 AM
    My Bold 9650 has a good antenna (IMO). My first criteria for a mobile device is the phone must get good reception and voices (both ways) must be clear during a call. My Bold has not disappointed me yet.
    I do plan on upgrading to the new Bold Touch 9930 but my upgrade isn't until October so that will allow me plenty of time to get feedback from here (CrackBerry) on the call quality of this new model before my upgrade.
    05-25-11 11:00 AM
    The OS can play a part here, so its hard to really compare different devices. Unless you are able to load the same radio file on different phones...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 11:59 AM
    I've used four or five different berries in the one spot where no one else's phone can get reception, our barn. And my phone, as well as my boyfriends berry can get reception. i just think it is Blackberry itself i have never had an issue when it came to service with their phones.
    05-25-11 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD