I just bought Outlook '07 as an add on to Office '07 Student edition. Installed Outlook and tried syncing with my 8900. Error message pops up saying "No available message stores." Looked at many forums and tried such things as downgrading to BB DM 4.3, I have 5.0.1 now. Downloaded Outlook connector. Renaming mapi.dll, which I couldn't because I am using vista. Renaming msmapi, which I could but made no difference. And then fixmapi. Nothing seems to work. I am really frustrated now. I have looked over tons of forums and tried everything mentioned in these forums, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Help???!!!
    10-29-09 03:50 PM
    tools > acct settings > data files > just create a new data file and set it as the default
    11-04-09 08:42 PM
    I was getting the same error - No available message stores - when trying to sync my wife�s 8330 Curve with her Hotmail via Outlook 2007 and Outlook connector. I found a work around by doing this...

1. Configure your Hotmail account to sync to Outlook via Outlook Connector as normal

2. Create a new pst file in Outlook and name it Hotmail Sync

3. Go to Tools - Account settings - Data Files tab and set Hotmail Sync as default (this will set it as the default mail delivery location)

4. Close and restart Outlook - You'll notice the new pst Hotmail Sync will now show an Inbox, Deleted Items, Drafts, Outbox...etc. (Special Folders)

5. Copy Contacts folder and Calendars folder from the Hotmail mail account to the Hotmail Sync pst Contacts folder and Calendar folder.

6. Plug in Device to be synced and start Desktop Manager

7. Click Synchronize button - Synchronization - then Synchronization button

8. Click Address Book - Setup - Microsoft Outlook - Type of sync desired - Next - Choose correct profile - Next - Finish

9. Click Advanced - Map Folder - Expand PST (Hotmail Sync) folder - Highlight Contacts - Add - Ok - Ok

10. Repeat 8 and 9 for Calendar, Memo Pad etc...

11. Leave Desktop Manager open

12. Open Outlook -Go to Tools - Account settings - Data Files tab and reset Hotmail back to the default mail delivery location

13. Close and Restart Outlook

14. Go back to Desktop Manager and double check your mappings for each folder (Steps 8-10)

15. Try to synchronize

You�ll have to periodically copy your contacts folder etc over to the Hotmail Sync pst folder before you sync but at least you can get the data to your device.

I did this very late last night so hopefully I did not leave anything out...Happy Syncing.

BTW: I'm running Windows 7, Outlook 2007, Blackberry Manager 5.0.1 and syncing to a Curve 8330
    03-02-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD