To my understanding the USA is one of the few markets that has LTE and carriers that are pushing it hard.

RIM has said they are delaying the release of BB 10 devices because of the battery in the LTE chips.

However in the UK it is years until LTE will be rolled out properly, so is RIM going to release a 3G version the UK and other non LTE countries?

Seems a bit unfair we have to wait because of a technology we don't even use, and most people probably don't need to have download speeds that fast, I have fiber at home for that lol

12-27-11 08:10 PM
    the LTE phones will be backwards compatible.
    12-28-11 06:50 PM
    To my understanding the USA is one of the few markets that has LTE and carriers that are pushing it hard.

RIM has said they are delaying the release of BB 10 devices because of the battery in the LTE chips.

However in the UK it is years until LTE will be rolled out properly, so is RIM going to release a 3G version the UK and other non LTE countries?

Seems a bit unfair we have to wait because of a technology we don't even use, and most people probably don't need to have download speeds that fast, I have fiber at home for that lol

In the UK and Canada BlackBerry is still a strong and leading Manufacturer, so they are not the key markets for the Birth of the New Brand, RIM's marketing strategy must be on the USA as that is their biggest loss market, and the market with the most subscribers to gain,

They need to launch with the best hardware / Software they have ever launched with, as the first BB10 phone will be picked on looking for every fault and every reason RIM should abandon making their own OS and move to another OS by techtard reporters.

LTE is the "cutting edge" as will be the 28nm processors, so RIM is at least trying to be cutting edge, on the hardware at launch, launching with Anything released today would put them as "just another" device, because they wont even be close to the first dual core LTE phone on the current size architecture
    12-28-11 07:21 PM

My understanding is that the chipset that RIM is basing the BB10 phones on is a "universal" set that will also accomodate 3G and some other variants.

If this is truly the case, that alone would explain the delay; RIM winds up enjoying a considerable saving in being able to concentrate its engineering effort on one platform.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-28-11 07:26 PM
    Yeah I can see where you guys are coming from and the USA is an important market, especially needing LTE but do you think it would be better to release a non LTE version for Europe?
    Would that hurt the USA market share as they would be annoyed they have not got it too?

Because I don't want to have sh$t battery life because of LTE that I dont want or use?
    12-28-11 08:00 PM
    Yeah I can see where you guys are coming from and the USA is an important market, especially needing LTE but do you think it would be better to release a non LTE version for Europe?
    Would that hurt the USA market share as they would be annoyed they have not got it too?

Because I don't want to have sh$t battery life because of LTE that I dont want or use?
    It is about Branding,

RIM needs to Brand BB10 as a cutting edge platform, something Hot, and the News media is US centric, even in the UK you see reports referencing US data as much as EU data, and US reviewer will be jumping on the first BB10 phone even if it isn't released in the US, and compare it to US released phones.

We are in a global market, and RIM to appease stock holders must market their brand and focus the new Brand on the US market first, and try and regain mind share.
    That is best done by launching first in the US, and using that launch to push global markets.
    12-28-11 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD