Hi guys,

in the last few weeks i was thinking of buying a bb device - z30 in particular - which i love the hub, the battery and the os. This morning I�ve sold my moto g 2014 because I need something more productive and because I don�t like android. In fact I�d use the phone mainly as a work device (messages, mail, daily task, notes, ecc..). The latest news about bb and android have confused me and I�m no longer sure about what to do.
    In your opinion is it worth buying a bb device at this particular moment?
    08-24-15 07:14 AM
    Sorry... it's a tough call at this point.

Based on "only" what you posted as your needs... I'd say that the Z30 could meet them.
    08-24-15 08:07 AM
    Yes, this is correct. My doubts were mostly about the os, its eventually future updates. I'm wondering if spending a lot of money for a phone which will be obsolete in a few months.
    08-24-15 08:15 AM
    Yes, this is correct. My doubts were mostly about the os, its eventually future updates. I'm wondering if spending a lot of money for a phone which will be obsolete in a few months.
    Obsolete? Where'd you get your source? The rumors and speculations here in CB?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:20 AM
    I'd just wait it out. Even assuming that there were no chance that BB10 would be EOL, maybe you would be interested in the new Slider. No point buying an ancient Z30 if you don't have to.
    08-24-15 08:30 AM
    I'm holding off on Z30 also to see what happens. You are not alone. BlackBerry better stomp out or confirm the rumors soon. Their hardware sales at this point have got to be dropping like a rock. If BlackBerry goes Android, chances are that I am going Samsung or Windows if 10 comes out. I will give it a fair look and keep an open mind, but at the point that BlackBerry goes Android, there is nothing about having a BlackBerry that differentiates it from the rest.

Posted via CB10
    a_tom likes this.
    08-24-15 08:33 AM
    Obsolete? Where'd you get your source? The rumors and speculations here in CB?

Posted via CB10
    I have no official source Notna but a lot of posts in Crackberry and other website talk about this. Main speculation is that the os won't have future update and could be abandoned. That's the reason why i have some doubts in buying the z30.
    08-24-15 08:34 AM
    I will give it a fair look and keep an open mind, but at the point that BlackBerry goes Android, there is nothing about having a BlackBerry that differentiates it from the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing other than the keyboard but that isn't a commodity like some people on here seem to claim. Only sales numbers will dictate, as they have since the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:23 AM
    Z30 is practically ancient either way. Plus your only real carriers for Z30 are T-Mobile or Verizon since the GSM version on Shop BlackBerry doesn't have the main LTE bands for AT&T. The version for Verizon is very expensive for what you're getting. If you're on AT&T, the Leap is almost the same phone and you get all the LTE data bands. I have both and switched from Z30 to Leap as my daily phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:40 AM
    As highly unlikely as it is, even if the Z30 never had another update, it would be no different than my old Android phone that never got updated and still run circles around it in terms of productivity, security, etc. Go for it!
    TrevS1977 likes this.
    08-24-15 09:40 AM
    Plus Leap is cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:45 AM
    It depends on what you really want and what your alternatives are. If you want to get a new phone right now and don't care about anything but communication for the most part, then there's no reason not to get an older BlackBerry phone.

However, it is now very likely that we're only 1-2 months away from new releases, so you might be interested in how this turns out and what it might mean for BB10 support. I think could really make sense to wait out the release of the slider as it will probably answer lots of questions that are now open.

Posted via CB10
    a_tom likes this.
    08-24-15 11:05 AM
    Z30 is practically ancient either way. Plus your only real carriers for Z30 are T-Mobile or Verizon since the GSM version on Shop BlackBerry doesn't have the main LTE bands for AT&T. The version for Verizon is very expensive for what you're getting. If you're on AT&T, the Leap is almost the same phone and you get all the LTE data bands. I have both and switched from Z30 to Leap as my daily phone.

Posted via CB10
    Band and price are not a problem. The phone which i'd buy has all the band necessary for my country and operator; plus costs much the same of leap
    08-24-15 11:05 AM
    Hi guys,

in the last few weeks i was thinking of buying a bb device - z30 in particular - which i love the hub, the battery and the os. This morning I’ve sold my moto g 2014 because I need something more productive and because I don’t like android. In fact I’d use the phone mainly as a work device (messages, mail, daily task, notes, ecc..). The latest news about bb and android have confused me and I’m no longer sure about what to do.
    In your opinion is it worth buying a bb device at this particular moment?
    I love my Z30 and have two spares. Best smartphone I have ever had.
    08-24-15 11:20 AM
    I love my Z30 and have two spares. Best smartphone I have ever had.
    I sometimes wonder if there are even 5 Million unique BB10 users in the world?
    08-24-15 11:31 AM
    I sometimes wonder if there are even 5 Million unique BB10 users in the world?
    LOL... Right. 4 million people with a single BB10 phone, and 200,000 CB users with 20 phones each. LOL.
    08-24-15 12:27 PM
    Plus Leap is cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    Did you seriously just recommend the Leap over the Z30? 0_o

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:06 PM
    Did you seriously just recommend the Leap over the Z30? 0_o

Posted via CB10
    Leap is a downgrade.
    a_tom and extisis like this.
    08-24-15 01:19 PM
    The Leap is a downgrade OP, go for the Z30 ,all this nonsense about obsoleted OS in a few months is ridiculous. There are many BlackBerry 10 users especially in corporate using the device for it to become obsolete anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:51 PM
    At the current price of a z30, there is no downside. Great phone, especially for what you want it for.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-24-15 03:15 PM
    The Leap is a downgrade OP, go for the Z30 ,all this nonsense about obsoleted OS in a few months is ridiculous. There are many BlackBerry 10 users especially in corporate using the device for it to become obsolete anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    What happens to a device that is sold but not updated?
    08-24-15 03:24 PM
    What happens to a device that is sold but not updated?
    Like the 9900 ?
    08-24-15 04:13 PM
    Z30 is a good phone if you get it cheap. I don't know if I would buy one now based on the uncertain BB10 future and unknown whether older devices will be supported longer or they will get the good ole BlackBerry PlayBook treatment.

Posted via Z30
    08-24-15 06:30 PM
    Get the Z30. It'll be worth it. I doubt there will be EOL on BB10 anytime soon. There was meant to be EOL on OS7 as soon as all the user's migrated to BB10. Was there not a time in recent sales when more OS7 phones were sold than BB10? If OS7 is still continuing then surely BB10 would.
    The Z30 will be very reasonably priced right now especially on battery power alone. I love the Hub and the amazing keyboard.
    BlackBerry's problem isn't the phones, it's their marketing. If more people like you don't hold back on purchasing BB10 then the more likely BlackBerry will continue to support it.
    I'm sure BlackBerry will offer future phones with the choice of Android or BB10 OS. Personally I wouldn't want to buy a BlackBerry Android device. I love BB10 too much to give up on it. I'm still waiting for the flagship full touch. As soon as that comes out I'll be purchasing two.

Posted via Z30
    Last edited by RawDil; 08-24-15 at 09:38 PM.
    TrevS1977 likes this.
    08-24-15 09:27 PM
    Get the Z30. It'll be worth it. I doubt there will be EOL on BB10 anytime soon. There was meant to be EOL on OS7 as soon as all the user's migrated to BB10. Was there not a time in recent sales when more OS7 phones were sold than BB10? If OS7 is still continuing then surely BB10 would.
    The Z30 will be very reasonably priced right now especially on battery power alone. I love the Hub and the amazing keyboard.
    BlackBerry's problem isn't the phones, it's their marketing. If more people like you don't hold back on purchasing BB10 then the more likely BlackBerry will continue to support it.
    I'm sure BlackBerry will offer future phones with the choice of Android or BB10 OS. Personally I wouldn't want to buy a BlackBerry Android device. I love BB10 too much to give up on it. I'm still waiting for the flagship full touch. As soon as that comes out I'll be purchasing two.

Posted via Z30
    I agree with everything you say, except you may be waiting for a flagship full touch for a very very long time. If the rumors are indeed true, the next flagship full touch might very well be an Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:41 AM
38 12