Hi guys,

Being somewhat new to the BB community, I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. What's the difference between phones like Curve, Bold, Torch, and Tour?
    2. When it comes to a current line up, the new major phones are Bold, Torch (slider), and Torch (large screen). If there a difference in performance between them? I personally find Slider Torch most likeable due to it compact factor, large screen and still having a great keyboard. But I find it most people talk about Bold like that's the superior phone.. always? Why is that?
    3. While I get that higher model number probably means newer, faster device, whats the difference between let's say Bold 9900 and Bold 9930 and other phones where the model number difference is small?

Thanks,

Dimitri
    10-28-11 07:32 PM
    1. BlackBerry - Compare BlackBerry Smartphones and PDAs at BlackBerry.com
    2. Not really, they all have the same processor, but the bigger the screen more the resources the processor will need. They're going to be pretty much all the same performance wise though.
    3. The 9900 is a GSM device (uses SIM cards), think Att and Tmobile. While the 9930 is a CDMA device, think Sprint and Verizon. The 9930 is considered a "World Phone" meaning it does have a SIM card slot, but it's mostly used overseas because you won't get a 3G/fake 4G signal using it here in the US. That's all the extra 30 numbers means here.
    rezzet#CB likes this.
    10-28-11 07:43 PM
    The keyboard on the 9900 is far superior to the 9810 which for a BB has a fairly poor keyboard.
    10-28-11 10:43 PM
    9810 has the worst keyboard and your all right about the world phone thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 11:30 PM
    the 9810's keyboard still beats the storm 1's keyboard....
    10-29-11 12:16 AM
    the 9810's keyboard still beats the storm 1's keyboard....
    Oh yea it beats it anyday
    10-29-11 12:21 AM
    Because the Bold keyboard has spoiled them. The Torch keyboard isn't that bad.

10-29-11 01:57 AM
    I'm a little late so these questions have been answered, but I'll confirm:
    the new Torch line up has similar performance re: speed, processor, browsing. The major difference, as you noted, is the form. The 9850/60 is the full touch while the 9810 is the slider. It's your personal preference as to which you would prefer. I didn't enjoy the slider/dual keyboard on the 9800 original Torch, but so many love the new 9810. If you're considering these devices, maybe go to your carrier store and play around with them to compare. The Bold isn't really 'superior', it's just considered BlackBerry's signature, flagship, go-to device. It's classic. Many people love the form.
    The difference between 9900/9930 or 9850/9860 refers to whether the device is CDM or GSM, so basically what network it is capable of running on. They're the same phones. If you go into a carrier store, they'll make sure you're getting the phone that runs on the network you're using. So, you should take a trip to your carrier store or Best Buy etc and check out the devices if you're considering. Good luck!
    10-29-11 06:01 AM
    Another difference is that the 9810 has an autofocus camera, but the 9930 does not. If you want to take closeup pictures, the 9810 camera will work better.
    10-29-11 12:26 PM
    the 9850/60 also has auto focus.

10-29-11 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD