Hiya friends!

I can't view my contact's pic's on my BBM. (Does that make sense??...yes, I just talked/typed to myself...LOL)

My other friends that have BB's can see each other's photo's when they BBM each other, but all I have is a stupid generic computer smile pic.

Any/all help would be really appreciated!

THANKS!
    06-30-10 01:42 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly. Are you saying you're having trouble getting your picture to show up? If so, its very simple. Go to your BBM, then press menu, "view my profile", then scroll all the way up and one to the left where that box is and press the trackpad, then find your file and select it. You should then be all set!

BTW, welcome to the boards!
    06-30-10 01:47 PM
    Trying to get a clearer picture (no pun intended) of your issue

Are you saying in your bbm contact list everyone just has the basic picture?

Is this your first bb, first time using bbm etc?

When I got my new bb I had to resend my list with my email to have the pictures reload
    06-30-10 01:47 PM
    What model BB, do you have, when did you get BBM, did you JUST download it?
    06-30-10 01:48 PM
    thanks for the quick replies!!

I have had the BB since May, but haven't had a chance to do much with it.

Yes, under my BBM contact list, it shows my contacts name and their status, but on the left side....there is just a silly generic happy face.

My friends were bugging me that I don't have a picture up either. Who thought this was gonna be so confusing!
    06-30-10 01:51 PM
    What model BB, do you have, when did you get BBM, did you JUST download it?
    I have a Curve 8530 with BBM since I purchased the phone.
    06-30-10 01:53 PM
    So wait, you can't see ANY of your friends pictures? Or you can't get yours to show? Or both?

Sorry for the confusion.
    06-30-10 01:53 PM
    So wait, you can't see ANY of your friends pictures? Or you can't get yours to show? Or both?

Sorry for the confusion.
    OMG...please don't apologize to me! I'm sorry that I can't explain myself better!!

Both...I can't see/show.

I hope that helps.
    06-30-10 01:55 PM
    Ok well Pi Guy nailed how to set yours, let us know if you have any issue with that

Have you ever been able to see the pics, is this a new situation?
    06-30-10 01:57 PM
    Hmm... I haven't heard of an issue of not being able to see your friends pictures. Just wondering tho, are you sure they have their profile picture even set? If they don't have one, then you will only see the generic picture you're talking about.

If you want to set up your picture, try the steps in the second post. See if that helps!
    06-30-10 02:01 PM
    Ok lets make sure you got the latest version of BBM, from your BB browser go to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger. After you've updated messenger, it will ask you to retrieve your list from the BB server, let it do that, then after a few hours you SHOULD have your friends pictures.
    06-30-10 02:02 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly. Are you saying you're having trouble getting your picture to show up? If so, its very simple. Go to your BBM, then press menu, "view my profile", then scroll all the way up and one to the left where that box is and press the trackpad, then find your file and select it. You should then be all set!

BTW, welcome to the boards!
    Okay....when I go to my BBM menu, my options are:
    HELP
    COLLAPSE ALL
    ADD A CONTACT
    ADD GROUP
    EDIT MY INFO
    CALL VOICE MAIL
    OPTIONS
    SWITCH APPLICATION
    CLOSE

...I can't find 'view my profile.

When I open EDIT MY INFO, my options are:
    DISPLAY NAME (...this is where I assumed I would be able to add/change the photo)
    PIN
    STATUS
    STATUS MESSAGE

06-30-10 02:04 PM
    Yeah, now it definitely sounds like you have an older version of bbm... Try updating it exactly like PK said. I think that should fix the problem!
    06-30-10 02:05 PM
    I'm downloading.....wish me LUCK!
    06-30-10 02:08 PM
    I think you'll find that PK's solution will solve all your problems, wishin ya luck!

ay' lol
    06-30-10 02:12 PM
    Who needs luck when you got Crackberry.com!
    06-30-10 02:15 PM
    touche' pk!
    06-30-10 02:19 PM
    okay friends...I think it worked!

it's a totally new/updated version of the crap I was using before!

now....question....how can I get my pictures from 'my documents' on my laptop to my BB??
    06-30-10 02:21 PM
    Ok that is an easy one

Your memory card acts like an external hard drive and when you plug your phone into the laptop using your usb cord, a message will pop up if you would like to view files and/or ask if you want to enable mass media storage in which you will answer yes. When you get that opened, go to your blackberry folder, then pictures, and leave that opened. Then find your my documents folder and open that in a new window. Then simply drag and drop the pictures into the pictures folder of the bb. Unplug and you should be all set.
    06-30-10 02:25 PM
    Who needs luck when you got Crackberry.com!
    Thanks, PK, that gave me a good laugh!
    06-30-10 02:30 PM
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

It worked!
    06-30-10 02:49 PM
    what else do ya wanna teach me??!?!?!

LOL
    06-30-10 02:50 PM
    what else ya wanna know lol?
    06-30-10 02:51 PM
    LOL.. Glad to hear!

There are sooo many tips and tricks you will learn along the way. Reading this forum definitely helps a lot! Wait till you learn all the neat shortcuts.

You can find a lot of cool tips here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    06-30-10 02:55 PM
    thanks PiGuy!
    ...are there skins available for my BB??
    06-30-10 02:57 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD