Look guys i lke the play book but im worried about bb not having any new phones out where a quater into the new year and the only thing thats come out is the playbook, which i like but i'll wait for the updated version cuz it will be better. RIM has alot of work to do when it come to getting these phones out quicker, they are losing to many customers to aplle and android. now i have a bb bold 9700 with bb6 which i love but it doesnt have to apps and web browsing the iphone or the evo has. RIM has to start making better phones or there just gonna be a nokia. there phone are always a step behind and im stating to get a little frustrated cuz it doesnt seem to bother them at all.
    04-20-11 12:34 PM
    I just got off the phone with RIM and I told them about your frustrations and the said they will get right on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 02:29 PM
    Androids are made by multiple manufacturers. So new phones for ANDROID come out more frequently...not all are motorola, htc, etc...

Apple has ONE phone. A new ONE comes out each year.

RIM makes numerous Blackberry's for numerous carriers. 2 new touch screens with qwerty keyboards, Storm 3 (possibly), and Torch 2 are in the works.

One company...Making numerous phones, new versions and new phones consistently...what others do that again?
    04-20-11 03:02 PM
    Androids are made by multiple manufacturers. So new phones for ANDROID come out more frequently...not all are motorola, htc, etc...

Apple has ONE phone. A new ONE comes out each year.

RIM makes numerous Blackberry's for numerous carriers. 2 new touch screens with qwerty keyboards, Storm 3 (possibly), and Torch 2 are in the works.

One company...Making numerous phones, new versions and new phones consistently...what others do that again?
    Nokia, Samsung and HTC.

By new versions, I am guessing you are talking about OS updates? If not, then every Android manufacturers is coming out with numerous phones, new versions of each phone and consistently putting them out. My list above is for those wh have to cater to their own OS as well. Sammy has BADA and HTC has their own OS as well. Let's not forget Android skin upgrades as well.
    04-20-11 03:08 PM
    I just got off the phone with RIM and I told them about your frustrations and the said they will get right on that.

I wasn't expecting that...laughed a lot!
    04-20-11 04:40 PM
    My 2 cents: BlackBerry doesn't need to get "there" stuff together; they've already proven themselves to a certain crowd ten years ago with e-mail/text-focused phones that were ahead of their time. Their demographic back then was the corporate user, then evolving to the business user in general, and now they are trying to meet the demands of the commercial user as well, without sacrificing the integrity of their primary service, which was push e-mail and BES, to which they serve millions of large and small businesses all over the world. Unlike some flashier smartphone companies, they were never out to have the latest and greatest multimedia device; that was never their primary service.

I don't listen to music or watch videos on my device; these are "extras" on the BlackBerry, as far as I'm concerned. I just want my organizing capabilities (tasks/memo/cal) and integrated e-mail to continue working to the level of quality it always has. That's why I bought the phone in the first place. On your side of the argument, I do enjoy the fact that the newer phones have more memory and expandable memory (my old-school 8700 had 64mb of internal memory and no microSD slot!)

As for pushing out new phones more frequently- do you want quality or quantity? We've already seen what rushing has done to the quality of some of these phones. (And I'm not just referring to BlackBerry here)
    Last edited by bbstoof; 04-20-11 at 04:56 PM.
    lrdiaz likes this.
    04-20-11 04:52 PM
    Well, OP, you just sounded exactly the way I do when I'm hormonal.
    Their phones will be released in due course. Pull up a chair. Toss back a couple. Chillax.

04-20-11 05:20 PM
    you just sounded exactly the way I do when I'm hormonal.

Thats pretty much a given and means stay far away lol.
    04-20-11 05:48 PM
    Luv, if you think I'm bad here, just imagine what my poor Mr. Qbnkelt has to deal with! Just when he's packing his bags I turn into an angel again...
    04-20-11 06:14 PM
    I'm not plannig on ditching my BB I think I just think they can do alto better in the web browsing and ram on there phones. I've had an android and I coudlnt stand it cuz of all the glitches. If rim takes care of the web browsing and the ram issues they'll be on par with its compertitors in that area. The qnx platform would be sweet for the new phones but we probaly won't see that till 2012.
    These phones should be in production as we speak and ready for just before the holiday season.

04-20-11 06:31 PM
    Interesting that there are several new devices that are coming in the near future, and even listed in the rumored section. With BlackBerry World next month, it makes sense to see some of these devices officially announced there.

Sure, there is a lot of buzz going on about the Playbook right now. New BlackBerry devices will be here soon.
    04-20-11 06:51 PM
    You need to get your grammar skills together, it seems! Hahaha I'm only giving you a hard time, but I think you're worrying over nothing quite frankly. The Bold Touch, Curve Touch and Torch 2 (among others, I'm sure) will be here soon enough!!

04-21-11 03:04 AM
    Right now im contented with blackberry. It does most things that i ask from a device. Blackberry's coming up with pretty nifty devices this year and next year hopefully with qnx, we'll all be like "in yo face apple-droids"
    04-21-11 04:16 AM
    RIM also states anyone who doesn't know the difference between "there" and "their" will not be allowed to purchase one!

04-21-11 08:28 AM
    Its their not there.

I called RIM to tell them about it and they assured me they had already spoken with Red777 and they were on the case.

04-21-11 08:28 AM
    Its their not there.

I called RIM to tell them about it and they assured me they had already spoken with Red777 and they were on the case.

(Pssssstttt! Someone already used that joke with like the first reply! Delete quickly and save face! LOL)

04-21-11 10:34 AM
    (Pssssstttt! Someone already used that joke with like the first reply! Delete quickly and save face! LOL)

Pssssstttt! That is why I wrote "...they had already spoken with Red777..."

No face to save, I was piling on. (sometimes having to explain a joke makes it worse) Beside that, look at the face I would save, check that avatar to the left of my posts.
    04-22-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD