Okay here's two questions,of the two smartphones 1being the upcoming torch2,and 2 the motorola atrix,which one would you choose,and why??
    01-15-11 12:56 PM
    The Motorola Atrix without question.

The specs are superior to the torch 2 in everyway.

The torch 2 is one again RIM rehashing a phone by updating it just enough to stay relevant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 01:23 PM
    What about security,and battery life?
    01-15-11 01:26 PM

The torch 2 is one again RIM rehashing a phone by updating it just enough to stay relevant.
    That's funny though!! You put as having the 9650 which is just the same thing as the tour but updated so it must get bought by consumers....
    01-15-11 01:28 PM
    Actually that's incorrect I have the storm 2. Thought I fixed that....

I'm not saying consumers won't buy it...but doesn't change the fact that's what RIM is doing...

01-15-11 01:30 PM
    Oh I don't know if you did or didn't I might have been seeing things...

But you are very right, RIM comes out with a totally new device and then runs it for 2-4 years with a refresh in the middle of it and that really sucks.
    01-15-11 01:32 PM
    Yea it does suck. Especially for those of us that have been with RIM for a while.

01-15-11 01:34 PM
    It's a good thing I came when the 8830 was released... It hasn't been too long.
    01-15-11 01:37 PM
    The atrix looks pretty nice spec wise. With a bold keyboard on that pup we'd be talkin'. F... that touch screen crap!
    01-15-11 02:01 PM
    The Motorola Atrix without question.

The specs are superior to the torch 2 in everyway.

The Matrix will be the way to go. Just be smart with app in regards to having necessary apps being open and sticking to downloading apps from the Market. Security on Android is as good as Blackberry. The major issues come when downloading from untrusted sources and thinking you can use a full touchscreen device and slurp battery. Your battery life will vary based on network connection, use, and app management.
    devGOD likes this.
    01-15-11 02:02 PM
    What about security,and battery life?
    security? most people don't use the password feature on the BB and all phones come with good enough security. that you'll have to format or do a rom flash to get back in if the password is forgotten. as for battery life you'll get pretty good battery life with the moto. in my personal opinion there is no point in waiting for a bb phone to be made that 'might' have all the features rumored about. RIM doesn't have the best time line for stuff. Playbook was suppose to be out already, and now the new phones they claim will be out by the summer. Just get a new phone and enjoy it now.
    01-15-11 02:18 PM
    Well anyhow at the end of the day,it looks like I will be purhasing the new torch 2,when it comes out.All those androids,and apples in my opinion are all just toys that's all,thanx to everyone for your inputs giasou
    01-15-11 05:22 PM
    Well anyhow at the end of the day,it looks like I will be purhasing the new torch 2,when it comes out.All those androids,and apples in my opinion are all just toys that's all,thanx to everyone for your inputs giasou
    Again, these toy comments need to stop. Having a preference is one thing, name calling based on ignorance is another. If you were so interested in staying with Blackberry, then why start this postasking about a comparison between Motorola and Blackberry if you consider Android and Apple devices to be "toys". Talk about bait & switch.
    01-15-11 05:34 PM
    If you think androids are toys then why bother asking about one?

You just lost all your credibility.

01-15-11 06:37 PM
    Def the Atrix. I will be picking that pup up on day one and unfortunately saying bye to bb for now. I realized just this past week some of the shortcomings on my 9700 and need to move on. Unfortunately waiting till summer for a newer bb to replace my 9700 is just not an option. I do have to admit the new bb's in the pipeline look very good. Problem is I just can't wait.
    01-15-11 07:03 PM
    If you think androids are toys then why bother asking about one?

You just lost all your credibility.

I have to agree with this statement. I am a diehard bb user and today I got a very good education on droids at the local Verizon store. Droids are far from a toy. Very nice devices from what I see. The only real negative seems to be battery life.
    01-15-11 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD