Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a problem with BB Messenger.... My girlfriend and I have not been able to send messages to each other since about 4pm (PST). After reading a few posts on the boards, I thought we would try pulling the batteries - Which didn't work. We also tried deleting each others contact info in the BB Messenger then re-adding them.... It's about 10pm now and I still we both have a pending in our contact lists and neither of us has received a request to add the other.

I'm guessing it's not a phone issue because I have the 8310 and she has the 8100.... Is this a carrier issue (AT&T) or a Blackberry server issue....

I'm stumped....

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by erok72; 01-23-08 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Added more information
    01-23-08 12:17 AM
    Do you have each other added by pin or email? PIN works best...
    01-23-08 12:26 AM
    We have each other added by PIN... I think I even tried email, but that never made it thru either....
    01-23-08 12:37 AM
    Do your devices both say EDGE in the top right corner of the home screen?
    01-23-08 12:44 AM
    Yup... Just confirmed with her that her phone is also on the EDGE network. I take it that's not a good thing?
    01-23-08 12:54 AM
    Can you send a regular pin message to your friend? Can you send a pin message to yourself?
    01-23-08 12:59 AM
    Just tried to send a PIN message to myself.... Unfortunately, it didn't work I'm leaning towards a BB server issue because SMS and MMS messages work just fine.
    Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by erok72; 01-23-08 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Additional information
    01-23-08 01:17 AM
    Yes, it sounds like a BB data issue. I'm guessing you can't access any webpages either. If it still doesn't work tomorrow then call AT&T.
    01-23-08 01:24 AM
    Did you try removing the battery from the device and reinserting?
    01-23-08 01:28 AM
    You know it's funny.. I'm accessing the CB page via the BB browser... Bet you didn't see that coming...LOL!
    I've tried pulling the battery (and I asked my girlfriend to do the same) and that didn't work for either of us. Thanks for all your help with this issue... Next step is AT&T customer service... Wish me luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-08 01:47 AM
    It could be the problem with the service provider, some time networks get jam and user didnt received messages properly. Reboot your device and try again after some time.
    01-23-08 06:23 AM
    Just an update.... I tried sending a message from a co-worker's Berry (8800) to mine, to try and rule out a network issue. Sure enough, I got the request to add and was able to send a reply with no issues.

So the problem is on my girlfriend's phone.... It just seems strange that it was working fine for most of the day but then just stopped.

So my next step is to fix her phone.... Would it be advisable to restore her phone to a previous point where we know the BB Messenger was working, or should I just uninstall and do a fresh install?

Again, thank you for all your help and suggestions.
    01-23-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD