Hey ya'll! My girlfriend and i are encountering some problems with our blackberry's. I have an 8830WE and she has an 8130Pearl. We normally communicate thru the blackberry messenger whenever we're unable to talk but lately we've been experiencing some issues. Sometimes when i text her, she cant see what i sent until she ends the conversation first and then reopens the messenger. Other times, we can text eachother over the same messenger and find that either of us shows as "unreachable" when thats not the case at all. Has this happened to anyone else? Any clue what might be the problem? thanks!
    10-08-08 06:41 PM
    Mine did this for a while and I just did a batt pull but made sure all my history was cleared in my bbm. I had no problems after that tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 06:56 PM
    Thanks! My girl has done the batt pull but it still continues to happen. It acutally did stop for a few weeks...but it started all over again within the last week or so.
    10-08-08 06:59 PM
    Going a few weeks without doing a battery pull is actually pretty good. I try to do one every few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 07:57 PM
    My girl and I have been having the same problems with BBM. Sometimes it works okay, but usually it doesn't work properly at all- bbm's won't go thru, or the phones won't communicate about the other's phone; ie. it will show the other as unavailable, bbm's will pile up without going thru and then go thru all at once much later, or it shows the other is on the phone...
    its been plaguing both of our phones for a couple of months now, and we have done everything and spent a lot of time on the phone with att and bb, no one seems to know what is wrong- but other than that the phones work fine- SMS goes thru, phone and email work as they should, jive talk for bb works fine as well. It is just BBM that is messing up on an inconsistent basis- sometimes it works fine for a little while, and then it stops working for a longer while.
    We are both in LA with great service. We can be sitting right next to each other with many bars on reception and send bbm's that do not go thru.
    Both of us have 8310's.
    Lame.
    11-27-08 02:51 PM
    i have a 8900 bb curve my messenger plays up rotton really bad im phoning blackberry people every few day to find ou if its my phone or uncles hes in malta and they that they cant garentee forine countrys workinmg im just stressed with it as it save me nearly two hundred pound a month why cant there be know problemwith messenger
    07-17-10 01:33 AM
    If you are using BBM 5.0 i've found the best way to keep it running smoothly is to do the following:

1.Turn off status updates - If you have more than 20/30 contacts it absolutely kills performance.
    2.Turn of message history
    3.Clear the event log once in a while (alt + lglg)
    07-17-10 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD