When I go to add contact into messenger there is no option to add by PIN, only by email. Can someone help? Sorry if this is in wrong forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 03:21 PM
    hi name is jenny. you can add the pin in the email. you will just use it once. the contact will then show up in blackberry messenger. you can then write a message to let the person know you would like to add them in messenger. hope this helps.
    03-21-08 03:25 PM
    You highlight "use once", (not click) then hit Menu>> request by PIN.
    03-21-08 03:28 PM
    I add by PIN this way:
    in BB Messenger, select "add a contact" on menu
    search name in address book
    highlight the mae you want
    press application key
    from menu select "request (PIN)"
    03-21-08 08:07 PM
    go to the bb messenger.......add contact.....go to (use once)! emailshould pop up but disregard that and keep typing the pin number and enter it. i.e. email:244BDD54
    Last edited by tatyana17; 03-21-08 at 08:18 PM.
    03-21-08 08:14 PM
    Thanks for the help, however somethings still not working. The other day I had reformatted and reinstalled software to my BB 8830we and everything worked. I went to add myself as a contact in messenger...."add contact"...it gave option to enter PIN so I entered my PIN and it worked I was able to send myself messages. Then I added all my contacts (some of them have email address) so now when I went to add someone to messenger it only gave the option of email: so I did some of replies said and still just entered a friends PIN and it just stayed as pending. So then I deleted my own PIN and tried entering it again. This time the option was email: so I still just entered my PIN, it's been pending for several hours (since last night)...
    03-23-08 11:12 AM
    I don't get ****...i do all the steps up until it says add contact then i highlight the contact, select the contact,hit the menu key , select "send to messenger contacts" then it gives me an option to select a contact again and under it there is this *empty* i select that and it takes me to my contacts number...what am i doing wrong? i don't get the option to add pin or anything....please help i have read all the tips but i end up repeating the ame **** as above,,,
    03-25-08 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD