Okay... Background story. I bought a Tour and gave my Storm to my friend. We have been BBM contacts for a while now and communicated without any issue. He was running the 6v7 hybrid on his Storm and I (tried to) update it last night for him on my computer. I was unsuccessful and his storm ended up with 4.7.0.151 with the old BB Messanger. We were able to communicate successfully still on BBM. I installed the BBM 5.0.0.8 leak (for OS 4.7.1.X) on my Tour this morning (I also updated to OS 4.7.1.53 last night) and restarted the phone like it asked me to. When I restarted it I sent my buddy a message and I received the message (that I just sent). I asked him about it and he said he was receiving messages that he tried to send me.

In my contacts it shows him as whatever I set my name too but it uses his Facebook picture for the avatar. It says he is available but has my PIN in his contact information and it replaced his old PIN in my contacts with my pin.

I uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled BBM5.0.0.8 on my phone, deleted all of my contacts and added him using his PIN. I get the add request and it makes his PIN my PIN!

Has anyone ever seen this?
    09-18-09 09:34 AM
    Never seen that before, sounds like on OS glitch maybe.
    09-18-09 09:42 AM
    This makes me think of the song "I am my own grandpa".

Sorry I don't have any answers for you but I agree with threefive since you didn't seem to have a problem until trying to upgrade OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD