When you open BB maps there is green and black lines where the map is supposed to be. The data plan works as i can surf the internet and the GPS portion of maps works as well. You just can't tell where you are because there is no map. I do have 3G speed as well. I searched high and low for a solution and have tried everything other than reloading the OS. Does anyone have a clean cut solution?
    08-13-10 02:44 PM
    Have you tried resending service books? It could also be something with RIM's servers. Does it happen all the time, or just recently?
    08-13-10 05:18 PM
    I guess I can ask - where are you? And are you zoomed in too close?
    08-13-10 06:38 PM
    I have the same issue. Blackberry Maps won't show any map but just a white screen. Interestingly when I'm driving it'll show the speed and look like the map is moving but there is no map data.

I tried resending my service books but it's still not working.
    08-15-10 08:06 PM
    I have the same issue with my Torch. It knows my latitude and longitude, as well as my speed, but no map.
    08-15-10 08:16 PM
    used JL_Cmder to do a complete wipe and reinstall of the AT&T OS 6.0.0.141 and once I got everything back up, Maps now show up. I activated BES after testing to make sure maps was working.
    08-17-10 04:42 PM
    I have the issue in blackberry maps on my blackberry torch 9800 will only show a white screen. When I'm moving, it'll show my speed, etc., but the map will be completely white.

I'm curious, you said you did a full wipe and it works before you reprovisioned for BES. Is it still working after BES? I wonder if running on BES has anything to do with my issue.
    08-29-10 12:59 PM
    Has anyone solved this problem yet? I am having the same issue and I removed BB Maps, reinstalled it, wiped the device, reinstalled the OS.

I also cannot get BB Traffic to locate any addresses so I dont know if this is a similiar issue. Does BB Traffic use BB Maps to search?

Would love to get them both up and running again.

Thanks in advance.
    10-24-10 09:13 PM
    used JL_Cmder to do a complete wipe and reinstall of the AT&T OS 6.0.0.141 and once I got everything back up, Maps now show up. I activated BES after testing to make sure maps was working.

Jonty, is that JL_Cmder safe to use? And does it void warrenty? I'm having exactly the same Map issue ..
    11-23-10 08:43 AM
    Jonty, is that JL_Cmder safe to use? And does it void warrenty? I'm having exactly the same Map issue ..
    I did the same thing as jonty. Jl_cmdr does not void the warranty. All you have to do is install jl_cmdr, run the program, plug in your blackberry and choose option 4 to wipe the phone. But make sure you have backed up your data and have the OS ready to be installed back onto your phone.

If you want something slightly more refined than jl_cmdr, use BBSAK
    11-23-10 09:20 AM
    I did the same thing as jonty. Jl_cmdr does not void the warranty. All you have to do is install jl_cmdr, run the program, plug in your blackberry and choose option 4 to wipe the phone. But make sure you have backed up your data and have the OS ready to be installed back onto your phone.

If you want something slightly more refined than jl_cmdr, use BBSAK
    Ok thanks ! did this solve your problem?
    11-23-10 10:40 AM
    I wiped the device and reinstalled the OS, I still had to install the BB Maps app launcher to get it to show and my screen is still white :c Should I contact my provider to see if there is something wrong in their end with BB Maps 6 ?
    11-23-10 03:10 PM
    Has anyone solved this problem yet?

I also cannot get BB Traffic to locate any addresses so I dont know if this is a similiar issue. Does BB Traffic use BB Maps to search?

Would love to get them both up and running again.

Thanks in advance.
    TMO is my service provider and I am having the same issue with BB Maps. Since TMO's customer support couldn't figure it out, does anyone have a tested resolution? By the way, my phone is a Bold 9700. (Can't figure out how to change my "Device Model" under the User CP).
    Last edited by xd45fan; 11-23-10 at 03:54 PM.
    11-23-10 03:46 PM
    TMO is my service provider and I am having the same issue with BB Maps. Since TMO's customer support couldn't figure it out, does anyone have a tested resolution? By the way, my phone is a Bold 9700. (Can't figure out how to change my "Device Model" under the User CP).
    I never did find a solution. Download BB Traffic and see if that works for you because mine never did. Couldn't figure it out. Ended up getting the Bold 9780 and it is now fixed for me!
    11-23-10 09:52 PM
    Ok thanks ! did this solve your problem?
    It actually fixed my issue. I would contact your service provider but if you want something similar try google maps or download waze. I prefer Waze. Blackberry Traffic doesn't have any makes to begin with so somewhat useless unless you want to know ETA to your destination.
    11-23-10 09:56 PM
    It actually fixed my issue. I would contact your service provider but if you want something similar try google maps or download waze. I prefer Waze. Blackberry Traffic doesn't have any makes to begin with so somewhat useless unless you want to know ETA to your destination.

Ok thanks, well I got my Blackberry maps back but it's still a whitescreen so I'll go to my service provider! thanks !
    11-24-10 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD