Hopefully someone can help me out. Here's the story:

I downloaded my new software update on my VZW BB Curve (4.5.0.77) and enabled my GPS and location tracking. BB Maps was working fine, locking onto satellites, and then I activated my BB with my company's BES.

After enterprise activation, I received a message that my device had been remotely disabled from location-tracking, essentially telling me that my IT department had disabled my GPS.

After speaking with the IT folks, they agreed to change their policy and enable GPS/location tracking. I received a message from them that it was done, and I went into my Options --> Advanced --> GPS menu and saw a message that my location tracking was enabled. My settings are for Location On, Device GPS, etc.--all what they should be.

Despite this, when I go to BB Maps, I can't get it to "Start GPS Navigation." No matter what I do, the BB Maps program doesn't seem to want to locate satellites.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? PLEASE, someone, help!

Thanks in advance!
    12-18-08 09:39 AM
    Sounds like it's still a problem with the BES...
    12-18-08 09:42 AM
    Ya it sounds like they haven't fully enabled gps tracking. I would talk to the IT department again to see if they have all the right settings. Its a possibility the missed something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:53 AM
    Is there a particular rule or item that I should have them look into changing? I'm not an IT admin, so I don't know the ins and outs of BES...
    12-18-08 10:07 AM
    You might try resending the service books too.
    12-18-08 10:21 AM
    I found that once BBMaps was not able to locates sats (like using in my office), the next time I fired BBMaps up it wouldn't even look for them again. I had to do a battery pull and then BBMaps would search for the sats again. Strange bug in BBmaps in my opinion.
    12-18-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD