I am having problems with Blackberry Maps on my Alltel Tour 9630

My issue is with GPS Location in BB Maps. When I ask it to find my location it is off by several miles. It seems that it is trying to locate my using cell towers. However, when I start GPS Navigation it is spot on. I have deleted BB Maps and downloaded again. Same result. I have searched the web for an answer and have checked and double checked my phone settings. I downloaded Garmin GPS and it shows my location perfectly. Poynt shows my location correctly using BB Maps. What could possibly cause Maps to show my location incorrectly yet be correct when Navigation is started In BB Maps. Thanks for any help here. This is driving me nuts.

Oh, BB Maps worked perfectly before I did an OS update. I have reloaded the update but get the same result. I was going to go back to my original OS but I don't have it on my PC and couldn't find a link to the Alltel OS.
    02-06-10 02:18 PM
    BBMaps doesn't have the ability to locate you using cell towers. Until you start GPS navigation, it will show your last known location.
    02-12-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD