I wanted to try BB Maps so I went to the site and was shocked to see that it said AT&T not support well, I installed it anyways on my AT&T 8310 curve and guess what? It does work perfectly. No errors! Nothing! It is using my internal GPS and it VERY accurate more accurate than G Maps. So for anyoen who thinks that it won't work on the AT&T 8310 Curve, think again. I jsut thought I would share the success of my install of BB Maps on the 8310!
    04-30-08 06:11 PM
    I have noticed that sometimes it says an app won't work on the BB but then it does.

Darn VZW and blocking GPS to get some money.
    05-01-08 08:32 AM
    Where can i get BBmaps for my 8310?
    05-01-08 08:45 AM
    Install it from your Application Loader. AT&T is requiring a pushed Service Book to the device now for it to work. You may or may not get the Service Book.

There are other free and better applications if it doesn't work.
    05-01-08 08:48 AM
    thank you much
    05-01-08 08:59 AM
    05-01-08 09:09 PM
    Install it from your Application Loader. AT&T is requiring a pushed Service Book to the device now for it to work. You may or may not get the Service Book.

There are other free and better applications if it doesn't work.
    How do you get the "pushed" service book for bb maps on at&t?? Do I need to go to my BB Internet Service site and have the service books sent to my device or is there something else I have to do? Thanks in advance. By the way, I have 4.5.0.18 for the 8310, if that matters. Thanks again
    Last edited by fantom1023; 05-05-08 at 12:01 AM.
    05-04-08 11:59 PM
    Happy to say it works on my 8820 as well! Very cool my man!!!!

No hacking was required. Of course I backed up my device first, but the install went smoothly and after 3 long minutes of a rolling hour glass my device restarted, and waa-lah BB Maps in my apps folder. I entered my work address, started GPS navigation and scrolled away from the office.... a little arrow appeared pointing me back in the right direction. I can't wait to give this to the wife.... her car doesn't have Navi.
    05-05-08 12:41 PM
    Happy to say it works on my 8820 as well! Very cool my man!!!!

No hacking was required. Of course I backed up my device first, but the install went smoothly and after 3 long minutes of a rolling hour glass my device restarted, and waa-lah BB Maps in my apps folder. I entered my work address, started GPS navigation and scrolled away from the office.... a little arrow appeared pointing me back in the right direction. I can't wait to give this to the wife.... her car doesn't have Navi.
    Wish it was this easy with Verizon - :\
    05-05-08 12:42 PM
    LOL! Don't even get me started about Verizon. They lost me as a customer after almost 9 years. The final straw was breaking OBEX on the v710, advertising it as a selling point, then charging me for each and every piece if data going to and from the phone. The class action suit was a god send! (End Rant)

Granted, they have great service and for many, this is a huge selling point if you want to use your phone at home and they turn out to be your only (best) option.

However, they cripple all their phones beyond belief. I mean, branding is one thing... but just wiping things out regardless of how the manufacturer designed the phone to work is another.

Cingular/AT&T isn't perfect ether, but after being with them for nearly 5 years, I have to say their phone and feature selection tromps VZW. Can You Hear Me Now

Signed your petition #1303 - Good Luck
    05-06-08 12:27 PM
    Install it from your Application Loader. AT&T is requiring a pushed Service Book to the device now for it to work.
    Rumor had it that was just with OS4.5, not with </=4.3.
    05-06-08 02:20 PM
    I don't get what the fuss is about? I heard bbmaps was so great so I went through a lot of trouble to get it to work under 4.5os. After having it for a week, it was a waste of time. Local search is useless and just cause of that, so is bbmaps. It only searches within a 2-3 mile radius of where u are. I was 11 miles away from a restaurant I wanted to go to, tried to find it on bbmaps, nothing came up except other asian restaurants. After I got to the restaurant, I searched again and bam, restaurant shows up. Kind of pointless if it only works once ur there...
    Last edited by dave_sz; 05-07-08 at 08:59 AM.
    05-07-08 08:50 AM
    ^^^ What you do to get it going under 4.5? The service books supposedly controls it's use now for ATT once 4.5 is released. Post it do that others know and can use this once they move to 4.5 when it releases.
    05-07-08 09:31 AM
    That didn't work for me at all. Only way I could get many of the apps or gps to work under 4.5 was to downgrade to 4.2.2, install everything I needed while having 4.2.2, backing it all up and then going forward with 4.5 install and restoring the data...
    05-07-08 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD