I have a BB 8830 WE, does the standard BB Maps software accept mapping coordinates as a way to find a location instead of entering an address?

I am on Verizon and do not have the GPS function on, I just wanted to know if I could just enter the coordinates of a location and have the BB tell me where it is...

Thanks
    10-10-08 10:07 AM
    No, there doesn't appear to be any option to enter coordinates in BBMaps. You could try searching for geocaching software. That should have the capability.
    10-10-08 10:26 AM
    Google maps will let you enter coordinates. You can even load a limited KML file. But the file needs to be hosted on a website, not SD card.
    10-10-08 02:48 PM
    I have a BB 8830 WE, does the standard BB Maps software accept mapping coordinates as a way to find a location instead of entering an address?

I am on Verizon and do not have the GPS function on, I just wanted to know if I could just enter the coordinates of a location and have the BB tell me where it is...

Thanks
    BBmaps it's not possible to enter the coordinates location but if you want to see your current location coordinates you can try to cheat bbmaps by send you location as email or pin. When it comes out with the link with will show your current coordinates. Good Luck....
    10-12-08 12:10 PM
    Open the menu, choose Find Location, then click on Advanced.

In the Address field, enter the coordinates in the form lat,lon

Don't forget the negative sign for west longitude (or south latitude).

Example: 34.123,-110.567

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 11:10 PM
    Open the menu, choose Find Location, then click on Advanced.

In the Address field, enter the coordinates in the form lat,lon

Don't forget the negative sign for west longitude (or south latitude).

Example: 34.123,-110.567

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very nice info. I'm glad to learn how to input coordinates in BBMaps.
    06-14-10 05:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD