Thanks for your elaborate post. I read bits and pieces about this as well when I started informing myself about Qt. Coincidentally, I noticed that Xsacha had problems deploying his Sachesi app for BlackBerry 10, despite it being written in Qt to support multiple platforms. I think he rewrote parts of the code and the UI for it.

Jolla found a small niche of users that look for an alternative mobile experience and are willing to spend the money for it. The Jolla smartphone is not impressive in terms of hardware, it's actually overpriced. The OS is still in its early stages and has very few native apps, much fewer good apps. I've seen and read reviews of its Android support and its really mostly the same as on BlackBerry 10. It's a separate software layer that runs within the OS. You can install Android apps like Nova Launcher and you can see all open Android apps within it. It's essentially an OS within an OS and at best a simulated experience.

The Jolla tablet seems to be a very cheap option so far. We'll see.
    11-22-14 03:56 AM
    Got this email today...

Aussies and Canucks can get it now.

"...

Hi ,

At the start of the campaign, we asked you which additional countries we should make the Jolla Tablet available in. You voted and we listened. We're happy to announce that the two most voted countries, Australia and Canada, are now added to the Jolla Tablet campaign! Australians and Canadians, show us your support and encourage even more people to join the Jolla movement!

What a launch we had!
    On Wednesday this week we launched the campaign at the start-up event Slush 2014 in Helsinki. It was a very powerful moment for Jolla and for our fans! Watch the compilation video of the launch day here.

What happens next?
    The Indiegogo campaign is still running for a few weeks, and there?ll be more announcements from us so stay tuned! �Meanwhile, you can take part in the discussions at together.jolla.com, check out the tag "Jolla-Tablet".

Help us make the Jolla Tablet, then be a part of making it yours.

Contribute now and help us shake up the tech world.

Meet your Jolla Tablet

Evolving to Sailfish OS 2.0
    Through the Jolla Tablet, Sailfish OS evolves to its second generation with the biggest update so far.

We believe in privacy
    At Jolla, we believe in your privacy and respecting our users. That?s why Sailfish OS is totally independent.

It's easy to do more
    Multitasking on Sailfish OS shows all your running apps conveniently in one single view. At a glance, you?ll see everything that?s going on, as well as easily switch between apps.

<<listen to this:>>
    Super-fast interaction
    Sailfish OS works with your natural hand movements via gestures, which makes using the tablet super-fast.
    �<</>>

Processing
    64-bit 1.8GHz Quad-Core/Intel
    Camera
    5MP rear camera
    w/ 1080p@60fps video
    2MP front camera
    Screen
    7.85? IPS
    2048 x 1536 pixel resolution
    330 pixels-per-inch
    Capacitive 5 points multi-touch
    Size
    203mm
    137mm
    8.3mm
    384g
    Battery
    3.8V/4300 mAh
    WiFi
    802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band
    Bluetooth
    Class 4.0
    GPS
    Yes, support Glonass
    Memory
    2GB DDR3L-RS RAM
    32GB EMMC ROM
    Detection
    Accelerometer
    Light sensor
    Proximity sensor
    System I/O
    Micro-SD slot (up to 32GB), Micro-USB,
    3.5mm audio jack
    Price
    From 189 USD (limited early bird price)
    ..."

--------

I'm considering getting one.... :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    11-22-14 06:19 AM
    Jolla is not new... for anyone that's been in the tech space but if you've seen their work, you know that they know what they're doing. Their phone didn't catch much steam because it was just so niche with availability and software. This tablet though looks like it will do very well. Seeing as how they've already past their funding goal, I will hold off until retail release. Given the specs and the retail price, I would buy this in a heartbeat.
    11-22-14 08:24 AM
53 123