I bought my first bb two years ago. used it for a year and loved it. I remember a few annoyances such as it freezing and a glitch here or there but all in all I loved the look of it and the Texting. I am big on Texting. well last April the Droid incredible came out and I fell for its bigger screen. have been using the Droid since but I am ready to leave it. so now to my issue. I do not want to renew my contract so I am looking to buy a phone off of amazon or someplace. I don't want to spend more than 250.00 at most. I am not sure if I should go with an iPhone maybe and that's a big maybe to go with another Droid or a bb. if any one suggests a bb could you suggest what one and why? I am very serious and very confused. thanks.
    09-22-11 07:13 AM
    Try browsing (or searching) the forums. There are a TON of threads about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 07:27 AM
    Try browsing (or searching) the forums. There are a TON of threads about this.

Indeed. Too many to list. OP, try out each device, make up your own mind, then buy one. It's that simple.

09-22-11 02:23 PM
    If you are big on texting than a bb would be a logical choice in my opinion...
    09-22-11 02:38 PM
    Logical choice? Not really... There are plenty of iPhone users that send out hundreds of texts a day. I also preferred a physical keyboard for the longest time, but a good touchscreen keyboard is easy to get used to for most people.

In some ways its better for messaging. The big screen and superior resolution makes it easy to see a whole thread at once, instead of two messages at a time.
    09-22-11 02:46 PM
    Logical choice? Not really... There are plenty of iPhone users that send out hundreds of texts a day. I also preferred a physical keyboard for the longest time, but a good touchscreen keyboard is easy to get used to for most people.

In some ways its better for messaging. The big screen and superior resolution makes it easy to see a whole thread at once, instead of two messages at a time.
    Agreed.

I was a PK spokesperson, till I allowed myself to try a virtual one. I send out lots of emails and texts.
    09-22-11 03:07 PM
    If you want to spend no more than 250, then you will probably go the way of an iphone.

The new BBs are the best yet so since you are coming from a droid they are out of your price range. You don't want to take a step back in performance or features and the pre OS7 devices will do that for you.

I still suggest BB. I love my 9650. However I think you should get the 9930/9900
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-22-11 03:11 PM
    I think a Droid, iPhone or 99XX series (Bold) or 9850/60 (Torch Touch, not slider) would suit you well. You should go into your carrier store and play around with them all.
    09-22-11 03:56 PM
    I think a Droid, iPhone or 99XX series (Bold) or 9850/60 (Torch Touch, not slider) would suit you well. You should go into your carrier store and play around with them all.
    ^^^^ Good advice.
    09-22-11 07:34 PM
    If you are big on texting than a bb would be a logical choice in my opinion...
    Why is it logical? Because of the hardware keyboard?

There are millions of people out there who don't need physical keys to type quickly and efficiently.

Also OP, go tot he store and try them yourself. Find the one you like the most and take it for the trial period. If that doesn't work out, get the other device.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-22-11 at 07:41 PM.
    09-22-11 07:39 PM
    Came across this today. May be worth it to wait a bit...

iPhone 4S launching on October 21 with BBM? - GSMArena.com news
    09-22-11 07:39 PM
    Identify your needs in a phone;
    Research which phone meets those needs;
    Get phone that meets all, if not most, of them.

For Droid, I suggest the Samsung Galaxy S2
    For iPhone, wait til the i5 releases get that if not i4 will be cheaper then
    For BB, 9900/30 the KB is pure awesome!!

Once again if you go in the store and test them first hand you should be able to better judge for yourself. Keep in mind that no phone can do it all, each have their own set of strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck!

09-22-11 07:48 PM
    I agree with others on going to your carriers store and playing around with the ones you are interested in.

Or if you really find something you are liking, then take full advantage of however long their trial period is.

Good luck

09-22-11 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD