apple didn't blow the market away with i4s.it wasn't gigantic leap from its predecessor the i4.more rim like strategies.santa says a retired man should go with android for his next upgrade and stay away from rim and apple until they deliver groundbreaking gigantic leaps.
    12-07-11 09:35 PM
    Well, email was delivered faster to my Android, whatever you want to call it.
    I call it impossible, personally.
    12-07-11 10:40 PM
    apple didn't blow the market away with i4s.it wasn't gigantic leap from its predecessor the i4.more rim like strategies.santa says a retired man should go with android for his next upgrade and stay away from rim and apple until they deliver groundbreaking gigantic leaps.
    You're only partially correct I'd say. It wasn't a major upgrade like 3GS to 4; more 3G to 3GS. The upgrades in it were very nice as well, but if you owned an iPhone4, you probably didn't have a whole lot of pressure to upgrade if you didn't want to....

However, it didn't blow the market away? No, just 4 million opening weekend and current top selling phone in November across 3 carriers....it's doing so poor
    12-08-11 12:28 AM
    Well, email was delivered faster to my Android, whatever you want to call it. Now, I like a lot of things more on BlackBerry but email isn't one of them.

The second day back with BlackBerry I got a truncated email. And I don't like having to always open attachments when friends/family send me pics.
    That's the thing, people mistake instant email with push email. Push email doesn't have to be instant, the advantage is in the BB never looking for new emails.

Another advantage of the BB email is you don't have to download attachments, you can just view them and if you do choose to download them the BB can do it in the background and it will alert you once everything is downloaded.

There are many little things about BB email, things that help you be very productive ie sending emails out fast.

BB email wasn't however designed to mimic a PC experience but to help you be productive away from the PC.

You might say BB doesn't support folders but it really doesn't need to when it has an amazing search built in, I mean is there another platform that can search for an email just by a keyword from the homescreen? This alone saves an incredible amount of time.
    12-08-11 01:39 AM
    I prefer embedded images.

I prefer auto loading of HTML email.

Instant or push, whatever. I got email faster on my Android. Not that a few seconds ever matters to me.

Having access to all my gmail folders is faster and easier than using the search on BlackBerry . Much faster. Easier to organize.

For me, email is just better on Android. It's one thing I miss about Android.

I like a PC like experience with my email it's just quicker.

That's my experience. BlackBerry takes longer because I have to:
    Hit, menu, show more
    Hit menu, show images
    Get truncated emails and have to check it online
    Can't view all my gmail labels
    Have to hit, menu, view or download to view attachments

Android does all that automatically.
    12-08-11 03:44 AM
    Can I forward emails without losing the attachments on BlackBerry yet? Haven't tried that.

Can I edit the forwarded mai? Remove previous addresses?
    12-08-11 03:46 AM
    Can I forward emails without losing the attachments on BlackBerry yet? Haven't tried that.

Yes you can forward with attachment, no you can't edit the email you're forwarding, and I don't know if you can remove addresses, I don't get any chain emails so can't test that.

I think you can't forward with attachements if you receive the email to one email address and you forward it from another email address.
    12-08-11 05:10 AM
    I prefer embedded images.

I prefer auto loading of HTML email.

Instant or push, whatever. I got email faster on my Android. Not that a few seconds ever matters to me.

Having access to all my gmail folders is faster and easier than using the search on BlackBerry . Much faster. Easier to organize.

For me, email is just better on Android. It's one thing I miss about Android.

I like a PC like experience with my email it's just quicker.

That's my experience. BlackBerry takes longer because I have to:
    Hit, menu, show more
    Hit menu, show images
    Get truncated emails and have to check it online
    Can't view all my gmail labels
    Have to hit, menu, view or download to view attachments

Android does all that automatically.
    I don't doubt you liked android mail better, especially if you use only Gmail, but BB email was never meant to behave like that and I never expected it to.

I think BB had to reach a compromise to offer full push support to any email account in the world, Android concentrated on Gmail and it's understandable.
    12-08-11 05:16 AM
    Chrisy likes her email better on her Android. Don't know why she is being bugged about her preference. It's her preference. Just like I like chocolate better than vanilla.

This isn't directed at you, Belfast.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    jebulls likes this.
    12-08-11 06:14 AM

And its a good thing you can't edit forwarded mails. Keeps the forwarded mail authentic. I wouldnt want someone to edit my mail to that person and forward it to someone else and make it mean something I didnt want it to mean.
    Even web based gmail changes the colour of the forwarded mail if it has been edited.

If you want to forward a mail and delete/add some information then copy and paste and send from your own email.

Copy/paste is a breeze on BB's. Touchscreens are difficult.
    12-08-11 07:59 AM
    Copy/paste is a breeze on BB's. Touchscreens are difficult.
    I'm sure that's just your opinion, but not everyone jives with hardware keyboards. Some people are faster with touch screens than keyboards, and I can assure you copy/paste on a touch screen device could be as efficient as on qwerty BBs. It depends on the user really.
    12-08-11 08:05 AM
    I'm sure that's just your opinion, but not everyone jives with hardware keyboards. Some people are faster with touch screens than keyboards, and I can assure you copy/paste on a touch screen device could be as efficient as on qwerty BBs. It depends on the user really.
    Sure, its my experience. Anyway my post was more about Editing forwarded mails and the reasons why editing a forwarded mail shouldnt be allowed.
    12-08-11 08:24 AM
    Sure, its my experience. Anyway my post was more about Editing forwarded mails and the reasons why editing a forwarded mail shouldnt be allowed.
    Totally agree with you on that one.
    12-08-11 08:32 AM
    I'll put it this way, most of the time I use my laptop touchpad an I think I'm pretty fast on it but then every once in a while I connect a mouse to it an I realize just how much faster I am using the mouse.
    12-08-11 08:39 AM
    I'll put it this way, most of the time I use my laptop touchpad an I think I'm pretty fast on it but then every once in a while I connect a mouse to it an I realize just how much faster I am using the mouse.
    I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't experience much of a difference moving from the trackpad on my macbook pro to a mouse so I can't really relate.
    12-08-11 08:43 AM
    I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't experience much of a difference moving from the trackpad on my macbook pro to a mouse so I can't really relate.
    Of course, there's always the exception to the rule that confirms the rule

I was referring specifically to cut/copy and paste though.
    12-08-11 09:05 AM
    Chrisy likes her email better on her Android. Don't know why she is being bugged about her preference. It's her preference. Just like I like chocolate better than vanilla.

This isn't directed at you, Belfast.

You can't like chocolate better than vanilla, that's just impossible. It's a proven fact that Vanilla pushes your taste buds to a whole new level faster than chocolate. I mean, come on, don't spew this bull**** all over these forums! These are Vanilla forums, look at the background color!!!!
    12-08-11 09:40 AM
    You can't like chocolate better than vanilla, that's just impossible. It's a proven fact that Vanilla pushes your taste buds to a whole new level faster than chocolate. I mean, come on, don't spew this bull**** all over these forums! These are Vanilla forums, look at the background color!!!!
    I'm sorry, as far as I am concerned there IS no other flavour other than chocolate as far as ice creams and cakes are concerned. Vanilla is for posers. Real people like chocolate. We can't have such heresy on an open forum. I will report you to the mods
    12-08-11 10:52 AM
    Chocolate FTW!

12-08-11 11:11 AM
    screw you guys, i want vanilla chocolate swirl!
    12-08-11 11:13 AM
    I am reporting all of you. Coffee Ice-cream!
    12-08-11 11:20 AM
    Anyone for Strawberry?
    12-08-11 11:21 AM
    It's like when I was 10 years old....all it takes is a little ice cream to lighten the mood!
    12-08-11 11:35 AM
    Not being able to edit forwarded emails is understandable for business users. However, if I am forwarding a joke a friend sent me (and also sent to 20 other people), I like to be able to remove all those other addresses when I forward.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-08-11 12:11 PM
    I use laptops more than desktops, so I can actually work faster with a touchpad and the flatter keys on a laptop than I can on a desktop keyboard/mouse. Double tapping the touchpad is faster than double clicking a mouse. Plus I use the right side of the touchpad to scroll up/down really fast.
    12-08-11 12:15 PM
338 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD