It is lol. I literally took the same video (well not for the same amount of time) from the same distance on the 4S and you could see the computer perfect, and they are both 8 megs. The 4S is 1080 I believe though right?
    12-12-11 10:08 PM
    I'm uploading the Android video right now which i recorded on my iPhone it looks a lot better. It is also being uplaoded in HD so everyone she see it very well.
    12-12-11 11:31 PM
    And here is the Video proving Belfast wrong for Android as well

12-12-11 11:54 PM
    That guy is hilarious. Although, that Photon 4G I thought would come out much better then that. Oh well, Belfast was still wrong just like everyone has said. I don't know what was wrong with your friends iPhone but he might want to check his settings.
    Lol, you're gonna have to do the video again, unless I'm very wrong when you open the iphone maibox it fetches emails automatically no?

Wait in settings until the email arrives and turn connections off straight away, then try to open the email.

I never said if you wait a minute or two the email will not be downloaded. Send a larger email for a better test and turn connections off straight away.

What I've seen last night: my mate gets an email notification, he lifts his phone and signal disappears, goes to open the email and nothing happens, ebay html email it was.
    12-13-11 01:26 AM
    I'm not being picky here but the purpose of the test is to see if the initial notification is just that, a notification and not the email and its body.

Turn the connections off as soon as the email notification arrives on the phone and then try to open the email.

Do that and then I'll be proven wrong.
    12-13-11 02:05 AM
    No more videos man I followed your directions, and I read them aloud. I'm not adding any new variables to prove what's been proven. According to you Belfast,, your words not mine

Final proof iphone doesn't have push email:

Send yourself an email, wait for it to arrive, turn your internet connection off, now try to open the email. That's right, you can't.

That's because you only have push notifications of email, not push email.
    I did all that and the mail opened just fine. So if you want to add in new stuff to try and swing it your way I'm sorry bro won't be me to help, because I proved you wrong by your standards and videotaped it not once but twice. From an iPhone and android phone.

DEBATE OVER lets all move on.
    12-13-11 05:38 AM
    Wait. I just watched the video again. Did the iPhone get mail before the BB?
    12-13-11 08:58 AM
    No more videos man I followed your directions, and I read them aloud. I'm not adding any new variables to prove what's been proven. According to you Belfast,, your words not mine

I did all that and the mail opened just fine. So if you want to add in new stuff to try and swing it your way I'm sorry bro won't be me to help, because I proved you wrong by your standards and videotaped it not once but twice. From an iPhone and android phone.

DEBATE OVER lets all move on.
    Debate over but next time if you go to the trouble of making a video at least do what I asked you ton not take your time turning connections off at a snail's pace.

This here and the incident with my mate's iphone made me think about it:

"IMAP in fact allows many notifications to be sent at any time, but not message data. The IDLE command is often used to signal the ability of a client to process notifications sent outside of a command running, which effectively provides a user experience identical to push."

*"but not message data"

I tested this using logicmail imap client and my imap idle own hosted email and the results were just as I expected, the email had no body.
    12-13-11 09:05 AM
    Debate over you were proven wrong get over it bud. There will be other threads for you to be right, this is just not one of them. It's not my job to interpret what you typed in plain letters. If you wanted to add new variables I gave you plenty of time before posting two not one but two videos. Maybe next time.

?
    12-13-11 09:25 AM
    Debate over you were proven wrong get over it bud. There will be other threads for you to be right, this is just not one of them. It's not my job to interpret what you typed in plain letters. If you wanted to add new variables I gave you plenty of time before posting two not one but two videos. Maybe next time.

?
    You haven't proved anything wrong yet, you ignored the purpose of the exercise.

I never claimed you can't open the email at all, to find out if the initial notification doesn't contain the email body obviously implies you turn connection off straight away without giving the time to download the body (in theory)

Theory is and was - email server sends nottification to the device that there's a new email, device's email client downloads the email

On a blackberry the bis server pulls a copy of the email and pushes it directly to a blackberry device minus photos.

You chose to interpret my post your own way and made a video of something I never claimed.
    12-13-11 09:41 AM
    You haven't proved anything wrong yet, you ignored the purpose of the exercise.

I never claimed you can't open the email at all, to find out if the initial notification doesn't contain the email body obviously implies you turn connection off straight away without giving the time to download the body (in theory)

Theory is and was - email server sends nottification to the device that there's a new email, device's email client downloads the email

On a blackberry the bis server pulls a copy of the email and pushes it directly to a blackberry device minus photos.

You chose to interpret my post your own way and made a video of something I never claimed.
    The funny thing about all this typing you are doing. Is you never said this in your original post WHICH the videos are based off of. I took verbatim what you said and proved you wrong. I even told you my phone could do what I showed in the video before making it along with other members. If you were running for office you might still have a chance to spin this and be right. But again you're not. Your wrong lol. I guess it is hard to accept for you lol. But at least you're entertaining trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Keep your excuses running some of us are actually talking and laughing waiting for your next response. Let's see what next everyone lol.
    Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
    12-13-11 09:49 AM
    The funny thing about all this typing you are doing. Is you never said this in your original post WHICH the videos are based off of. I took verbatim what you said and proved you wrong. I even told you my phone could do what I showed in the video before making it along with other members. If you were running for office you might still have a chance to spin this and be right. But again you're not. Your wrong lol. I guess it is hard to accept for you lol. But at least you're entertaining trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Keep your excuses running some of us are actually talking and laughing waiting for your next response. Let's see what next everyone lol.
    You wasted your time and my time with those videos, you're either willing to do what I ask or let somebody else try, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

Can somebody else try it and let me know? Just turn connections off the second the email notification arrives, out of curiosity if nothing else. I don't have anybody close right now to try it or I would.
    12-13-11 09:54 AM
    Belfast, I did what you asked and I could still open and read email with network settings off. As soon as I heard the email ding I turned it off. Still able to read the email.

And to add I actually have push off and still received the email a second after it was sent.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    12-13-11 09:58 AM
    You wasted your time and my time with those videos, you're either willing to do what I ask or let somebody else try, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I have a feeling I'm not.

Can somebody else try it and let me know? Just turn connections off the second the email notification arrives, out of curiosity if nothing else. I don't have anybody close right now to try it or I would.
    LMBO anyone else want to have some fun proving Belfast wrong on two different platforms. If you have both. He wants a new test with some added variables.

12-13-11 10:04 AM
    Belfast, I did what you asked and I could still open and read email with network settings off. As soon as I heard the email ding I turned it off. Still able to read the email.

And to add I actually have push off and still received the email a second after it was sent.

Thanks, sorry to be a pain but would you mind trying it with push on since the debate is about push.
    12-13-11 10:06 AM
    Belfast,
    I don't have an iPhone so I can't test this, but from the debate raging above, I would like to hazard a guess as to what happened.
    Maybe in your friend's case, the network might have just dropped off as soon as the mail was downloading and the notification remained while the mail was absent. Brandon and Moiselles are manually turning network off, and the mail delivery must be faster than the ability to shut of the network.Which would imply that what you witnessed is a rare event and can be treated as an aberration.

I have seen the BB do something very similar. Many times I reboot my BB and just as it goes to reboot cycle, a call comes in. When the phone restarts there is a notification for a missed call, but when I check the call list, there is no record of the missed call and who was calling me. The notifications disappear and that's that.
    Nothing wrong with either phone, just a combination of rare events.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 12-13-11 at 10:12 AM.
    12-13-11 10:09 AM
    And here is the Video proving Belfast wrong for Android as well

Good video. Makes the point. Thanks.
    12-13-11 10:13 AM
    unfrackingbelievable after all that its still not good enough, where is a wall, it will make better conversation.
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-13-11 at 10:41 AM.
    12-13-11 10:17 AM
    Thanks, sorry to be a pain but would you mind trying it with push on since the debate is about push.
    Yes, it still worked with Push turned on.

12-13-11 10:18 AM

He may require video proof.
    12-13-11 10:21 AM

Thanks, turns out I was wrong, but I wish somebody could've done this earlier and not waste so many posts on it and two videos from CB.

Obviously the only way to try this was a very specific way.
    12-13-11 10:22 AM
    He may require video proof.
    No, I don't, I believe moissele

I never requested video proof by the way, the guy offered.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 12-13-11 at 10:32 AM.
    12-13-11 10:23 AM
    What was the point anyway?
    12-13-11 10:29 AM
    With Push on, I received instant emails. With Push off, my Yahoo still seems to come instantly but not my Live emails. Not sure if there's a difference between servers. Just my observations. My Push On is absolutely instantaneous. I do not feel a difference between Push on my iPhone and Push on my BlackBerry. Just my thoughts.

12-13-11 10:43 AM

That's how I ran my tests yesterday. Had the email app closed and turned off cell connection (wifi was already off) right after receiving notification of a new email. I opened the email app and could open and read the emails sent to my Yahoo and Gmail accounts (gmail set up as an Exchange account) .

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-13-11 10:55 AM
338 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD