Eh come on.. my post was funny.. lulz.
    12-11-11 06:40 PM
    So this is how the threads ends. Not with a bang but a whimper. Put it out of its misery!

So tired of fanboys at either extreme.

Please air your dirty laundry to each other in PM. No one else cares to watch the pissing match!
    I could not agree more. How childish and counter productive. Many points in the last few pages were not only wrong, they were just plain name calling. lol

Bla1ze's post was funny however!
    12-11-11 07:02 PM
    So tired of fanboys at either extreme.

This!
    10 Characters
    12-11-11 07:23 PM
    Yes, I liked the grumpy kitty!
    12-11-11 08:53 PM
    Why can't a thread like this stay on topic without fanboys ruining it. The first few pages of tbis thread were great until the trolls came.
    12-12-11 07:21 AM
    Final proof iphone doesn't have push email:

Send yourself an email, wait for it to arrive, turn your internet connection off, now try to open the email. That's right, you can't.

That's because you only have push notifications of email, not push email.
    12-12-11 01:21 PM
    your still on that topic, that was settled LITERALLY! days ago lol
    12-12-11 01:30 PM
    your still on that topic, that was settled LITERALLY! days ago lol
    Was it really?

Anyway, today I was with a mate and when he had no reception he couldn't open his emails, and those were mobile.me emails.
    12-12-11 01:34 PM
    Belfast I just did what you said, and I could still read my email perfectly that i sent myself. After receiving it I switched my phone to airplane mode, then went back into my email opened it up and there it was plain as day. If you want I'll make a video for you and prove it to you.
    12-12-11 01:41 PM
    Final proof iphone doesn't have push email:

Send yourself an email, wait for it to arrive, turn your internet connection off, now try to open the email. That's right, you can't.

That's because you only have push notifications of email, not push email.
    just tried this and it worked just fine on my thunderbolt. So does this mean you have to admit android has real push email?
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-12-11 01:43 PM
    Belfast I just did what you said, and I could still read my email perfectly that i sent myself. After receiving it I switched my phone to airplane mode, then went back into my email opened it up and there it was plain as day. If you want I'll make a video for you and prove it to you.
    Is your email set to push tho or fetch?
    12-12-11 01:50 PM
    I have exchange set up, and my setting is push. I don't use Fetch.
    12-12-11 01:55 PM
    Android people help me here.
    My friend ( a BB fan) got himself an HTC Sensation XE as a plaything. And we did the the inevitable mail speed test.
    We confirgured his HTC gmail (both the Gmail App and the MailBox).
    I sent him a mail on his gmail and the delivery was instant on his BB, but the Android was delayed by a couple of minutes.
    Android was getting data access over wifi and the BB was on carrier BIS.
    I have read many posts here saying that the mail on Androids are just as fast or faster on Androids.
    Is there a setting we are missing?? Not really a power user on Android yet.
    12-12-11 02:08 PM
    I have exchange set up, and my setting is push. I don't use Fetch.
    Well, that's not what I seen today right in front of me so feel free to prove me wrong.
    12-12-11 02:12 PM
    No problem I get off work in a couple hours. I will PM you the link, and post it here in this Forum so everyone can see it, I'm actually laughing cause I've done this test 3 times with 4 different emails. It has opened every single time no problem in Airplane mode.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 12-12-11 at 02:33 PM.
    12-12-11 02:14 PM
    Same result on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.8. Yahoo and Gmail (setup as an Exchange acct) set up to push to the phone. Fetch is set to manual update. I sent an email from Outlook to both the Yahoo and Gmail accounts. The email counter on the mail icon showed a new message. After activating airplane mode, I opened the mail program and viewed a complete email under both the Yahoo and Gmail accounts.

Got the same result on my Thunderbolt. After getting the notifications, put phone in airplane mode and complete emails were present in the Gmail and Yahoo apps.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-12-11 02:34 PM
    Same result on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.8. Yahoo and Gmail (setup as an Exchange acct) set up to push to the phone. Fetch is set to manual update. I sent an email from Outlook to both the Yahoo and Gmail accounts. The email counter on the mail icon showed a new message. After activating airplane mode, I opened the mail program and viewed a complete email under both the Yahoo and Gmail accounts.

Got the same result on my Thunderbolt. After getting the notifications, put phone in airplane mode and complete emails were present in the Gmail and Yahoo apps.

Sent using Tapatalk
    If it's set to manual it's not push so it's not relevant.
    12-12-11 02:37 PM
    How is it not relevant explain? If it is being pushed to the device and he is getting the same result as a BB device what's the problem Belfast. You seem to be somewhat of a spin artist to prove your point. Following your exact instructions he got an opposite result of your friend.
    jebulls likes this.
    12-12-11 02:41 PM
    If it's set to manual it's not push so it's not relevant.
    I think you missed my point. The Exchange and Yahoo accounts are set to push. There is also a setting for accounts that don't support push and that option is set to manual update so any non-push accounts will not poll the server on some set interval.

The point is relevant since we're talking about whether emails are actually pushed to iPhones and with these settings the phone is not polling the server for messages.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 12-12-11 at 02:47 PM.
    12-12-11 02:43 PM
    And we present to you:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQNt5-GMz8A[/YT]

I Take NO credit for this video. This was done by Crackberry Brandon I just embedded it for him
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-12-11 at 06:01 PM.
    jebulls likes this.
    12-12-11 05:25 PM
    That guy is hilarious. Although, that Photon 4G I thought would come out much better then that. Oh well, Belfast was still wrong just like everyone has said. I don't know what was wrong with your friends iPhone but he might want to check his settings.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 12-12-11 at 05:37 PM.
    12-12-11 05:35 PM
    CB good vid and yes you got my username correct
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-12-11 at 09:49 PM.
    12-12-11 05:44 PM
    OK dudes of BB's.
    I was BB for years, last year went to the dark side iOS for a few months and then went back to BB.
    Tried 9900, 9810 and just did not like the factors. So went to iPhone 4s........have had it for 2 months and it is very nice BUT the things that niggle me are:
    No true push
    Sending emails can take forever as it finds the correct signal from 3G to GPRS and edge. Just can be slow in sending.
    Regular calls are dropped! It seems to be quite often and is very annoying.
    Not bad signal.
    AGAIN I AM JUST BUZZING WITH THE BLACKBERRY BUG AGAIN AND FEEL IT IS PULLING ME IN!
    For me the main attraction with my BB is:
    Instant email
    Super fast email/ attachments sending
    Calander is fantastic
    Speed dialling with hot keys
    GREAT reception signal
    Very strong receptions and holding calls

I don't care what you say but the so far best one I have ever had was my 9780
    The one that is really catching my eye is 9790 and as soon as they land in the uk on O2 I will take a trip in and check them out. Last time I did this I bought one sim free and asked them to transfer me to a blackberry data tarrif and as long as they are still keeping your business then they don't mind moving yor iPhone data 18 tarrif to a continuing 18 month blackberry tarrif.
    I use my phone for me as a self employed business person, email, Calander, task, to dos, are so important and I have my fantastic iPad 2 for entertainment and night time surfing.
    I thank you.......
    12-12-11 05:54 PM
    AP good vid and yes you got my username correct
    Ok sweet lol I was like I'm going to mess his name up lol.
    12-12-11 06:49 PM
    Nice video. The Photons camera is garbage though lol.
    12-12-11 09:30 PM
338 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD