never worked, known flaw. had to download an app to do that
    No, automore always worked, download images didn't.
    12-07-11 11:17 AM
    perhaps that is correct, but yes auto get images never worked and required an app
    12-07-11 11:20 AM
    perhaps that is correct, but yes auto get images never worked and required an app
    Not really, it's not so hard to press menu/select get images

I always have mine set to off
    12-07-11 11:40 AM
    You can mark as read now on an iPhone. When BB finally has an IMAP (sub folders) for your email for BIS I can reconsider but not to have that while iOS, Windows and Andriod has it is still unbelievable to me.
    thank goodness... that was a more serious problem then not having IMAP!

maybe cause i don't use folders etc.. i;m a cluster maniac and like everything in one place!

u should see my desktop on my PC and mac! it's Organized Chaos!

andinfo and while I'm at it, is the BB still trunking it's emails? Or is that a thing of the past finally?
    unfortunately it's still there.. but i only run into this issue like 4 times a year

You can have free exchange from google if your company i.e. your own domain has less the 10 employees. You get a free .(yourdomain.com) hosted through google I use this all the time for my smaller businesses I support.
    sweet... good to know!! i can help friends with iphones get stuff setup properly!
    12-07-11 12:02 PM
    That's another thing I miss about my Android. I like the auto embedded images, links and HTML. I hate that you have to keep selecting get images on BlackBerry and also the get more for larger emails.

But on Android I couldn't select delete all. That was annoying.

I like email better on Android for sure.
    moiselles and howarmat like this.
    12-07-11 04:13 PM
    So if I've had an email account for like 10 years and I want to get my email on an iphone can I? ([email protected])
    12-07-11 06:03 PM
    Double post. Sorry.
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 12-07-11 at 08:23 PM.
    12-07-11 08:20 PM
    Wow that is a first for sure, and only moiselles could have liked it...
    Email on Android, except the Yahoo app, is terrible.

Apart from image loading, email on BB is unmatched.
    I also think both Android and Iphone's email is a nicer experience over bb's email. I just don't get how BBs email is better. I had bb for 3 years, tried android for a while and now have had an iphone for a while. And for what I use email for bb comes in third!
    12-07-11 08:24 PM
    I also think both Android and Iphone's email is a nicer experience over bb's email. I just don't get how BBs email is better. I had bb for 3 years, tried android for a while and now have had an iphone for a while. And for what I use email for bb comes in third!
    Well, if you don't use email much and don't care when you get emails, that's another story.
    But BBs email is better because being pushed, and not fetch, I get it literally before I get it on the laptop. Not to mention the easiness of setup, security, etc.

The email on android and iPhone looks prettier for now, but it is nowhere near as RELIABLE, as BBs.
    12-07-11 08:28 PM
    Laughable. My email is push. Not a BB exclusive anymore Androids also have push.

Reliability man you are in the giggle weeds apple an android did not experience a world wide 3 day outage. And yet you had the nerve to call Americans not so nice things.

At least get your facts straight totti. Because quite frankly you give legitimate BB owners a bad name.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-07-11 at 09:04 PM.
    12-07-11 08:49 PM
    Laughable. My email is push. Not a BB exclusive anymore Androids also have push.

Reliability man you are in the giggle weeds apple an android did not experience a world wide 3 day outage. And yet you had the nerve to call Americans not so nice things.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    You're laughable. And its because people like you keep proving me right. Apple and android have both experienced faulty software and hardware problems, far worse than BB having an outage.

And to answer your ignorance...

"Email accounts that use the push method for message retrieval enable you to have email messages delivered directly to you as soon as the message is received by your email provider instead of checking periodically or manually for new messages. Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, push email is supported for the following email account types:

MobileMe
    Microsoft Exchange
    Yahoo!

Other email accounts such as POP, IMAP, AOL or Gmail accounts do not support push message retrieval on iPhone or iPod touch but can instead be setup to fetch mail at specified intervals or manually when the Mail application is opened."

Form their website support. iOS: Supported push mail accounts

Android has "push" for Gmail only. Everything else, unless you use an app for it (and its still not real push), as mentioned about Yahoo before, is fetch. Hence why in the settings you can choose time frames for when you want your email to fetch more.

From Wikipedia: "Google Android
    Android's built-in Gmail client uses Google Sync to push email for Gmail accounts set up to sync with the phone. Android also supports Microsoft Exchange accounts natively through its default mail application. Emails arriving into the Microsoft Exchange inbox are instantly pushed to the device. Calendar events sync both ways between exchange and the device.

Yahoo email is not pushed to an android device. An alternate to lack of native support for yahoo mail is to install the free yahoo mail app which provides instant push email.

Recently also Hotmail has been made push configurable for Android smartphones through the default mail application.[4]
    K-9 Mail, a third-party application for Android, provides IMAP IDLE support."

Push email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OWNED!
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 12-07-11 at 09:00 PM.
    llllBULLSEYE and Jake Storm like this.
    12-07-11 08:57 PM
    lmao
    good post a lot of people fail to understand this
    12-07-11 09:00 PM
    My email was push on Android. I got it within seconds. I tested it many times. The email also look nicer, same as on a PC. Embedded images, auto HTML, no truncation and access to all labels.
    jebulls likes this.
    12-07-11 09:03 PM
    My email was push on Android. I got it within seconds. I tested it many times. The email also look nicer, same as on a PC. Embedded images, auto HTML, no truncation and access to all labels.
    Read the post above, I explained how "push" email works on android and iOS.
    12-07-11 09:07 PM
    Well, email was delivered faster to my Android, whatever you want to call it. Now, I like a lot of things more on BlackBerry but email isn't one of them.

The second day back with BlackBerry I got a truncated email. And I don't like having to always open attachments when friends/family send me pics.
    12-07-11 09:11 PM
    Blackberry and Android email are the same speed for me.....blah :/
    avt123 likes this.
    12-07-11 09:15 PM
    lmao hahahaha yes back to the topic
    When Im out with my sister who owns an iphone4 we get many emails from our job
    same email and I always get it first.
    Heck to go to a bigger extent, even when I'm out with friends
    and someone does the Facebook location tag I'm the first one to get the alert.
    12-07-11 09:18 PM
    They just don't want to deal with what they considerer fights. Makes them work. Lol.
    12-07-11 09:19 PM
    You're laughable. And its because people like you keep proving me right. Apple and android have both experienced faulty software and hardware problems, far worse than BB having an outage.

And to answer your ignorance...

"Email accounts that use the push method for message retrieval enable you to have email messages delivered directly to you as soon as the message is received by your email provider instead of checking periodically or manually for new messages. Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, push email is supported for the following email account types:

MobileMe
    Microsoft Exchange
    Yahoo!

Other email accounts such as POP, IMAP, AOL or Gmail accounts do not support push message retrieval on iPhone or iPod touch but can instead be setup to fetch mail at specified intervals or manually when the Mail application is opened."

Form their website support. iOS: Supported push mail accounts

Android has "push" for Gmail only. Everything else, unless you use an app for it (and its still not real push), as mentioned about Yahoo before, is fetch. Hence why in the settings you can choose time frames for when you want your email to fetch more.

From Wikipedia: "Google Android
    Android's built-in Gmail client uses Google Sync to push email for Gmail accounts set up to sync with the phone. Android also supports Microsoft Exchange accounts natively through its default mail application. Emails arriving into the Microsoft Exchange inbox are instantly pushed to the device. Calendar events sync both ways between exchange and the device.

Yahoo email is not pushed to an android device. An alternate to lack of native support for yahoo mail is to install the free yahoo mail app which provides instant push email.

Recently also Hotmail has been made push configurable for Android smartphones through the default mail application.[4]
    K-9 Mail, a third-party application for Android, provides IMAP IDLE support."

Push email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OWNED!
    Google has set up Exchange servers for Gmail so you just setup your Gmail account as an Exchange account to get push. Not that difficult and takes about a minute.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 09:20 PM
    Push on my iPhone, Android devices and BBs came in basically all at the same time. One was always a little faster than the other. Sometimes the BB was faster, sometimes the iPhone and sometimes the Android device.

All of them have been reliable.
    12-07-11 09:25 PM
    Everyone needs to take a step back and chill.

Time and time again. People are getting way to personal for a online forum.

Let's clean it up!!!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    12-07-11 09:28 PM
    Honestly, a second or even 10 minute difference in speed makes no difference to me.

I just like the format of Android email. Iphone is nice too. For me, BlackBerry is my least favorite as far as email app.
    12-07-11 09:29 PM
    Everyone needs to take a step back and chill.

Time and time again. People are getting way to personal for a online forum.

Let's clean it up!!!
    John,
    Why are you yelling at us all in general when it is clearly one person doing personal attacks. Totti is your guy. We don't need a general warning. He may.
    jebulls likes this.
    12-07-11 09:30 PM
    Chrisy520,

As I respect you pointing out an issue. But retaliation has issues as well.
    12-07-11 09:33 PM
    i completely agree they do. best thing is to just click the triangle to report them. lately the forum is becoming very hostile. its really sad to see. The debates that once were just good debates get very heated very fast and people lose it. **** some of them think there is an active posting campaign to recruit people off the street to come on the forum and post trash against RIM. We all have to take a deep breath once and a while.
    I did report. Personal attacks are absolutely uncalled for, especially when I didn't even say anything to deserve the attack.
    12-07-11 09:34 PM
338 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD