and a higher resolution screen,
    and a track pad,
    and a better keyboard,
    and way more internal memory,
    and a newer OS with a much better browser,
    and wifi hotspot,
    and NFC.

But yeah, pretty much a 9650 refresh
    Let me clarify....for what I used my bb for when I went from a 9650 to a 9930 it fell like it was a powerful 9650 with a touchscreen and a nicer kb. Going to an iPhone 4s felt like a huge jump ahead for me for the way I use my phone. I don't get why bb users get so defensive about their phones haha.
    12-05-11 07:43 PM
    Yes, for now. I really liked my Thunderbolt except for the heft because of the extended battery. I couldn't get by using the stock battery.

Otherwise, I like Android a lot!

I'm back on a 9650.
    You're BB at heart... admit it!

How do you go from a 4g lte android to a 9650? Isn't that like using a flux capacitor and hitting 55 mph?
    Someone already replied, but let's make another analogy.

Its kind of like having... (deep thinking face...)... a perfectly fine running BMW, and going to a Ferrari with no wheels and gas...

Get it? No? I tried...
    12-05-11 08:44 PM
    Let me clarify....for what I used my bb for when I went from a 9650 to a 9930 it fell like it was a powerful 9650 with a touchscreen and a nicer kb. Going to an iPhone 4s felt like a huge jump ahead for me for the way I use my phone. I don't get why bb users get so defensive about their phones haha.
    Defensive? I think that iPhone and android users alike get very defensive.
    12-05-11 08:45 PM
    Yes, for now. I really liked my Thunderbolt except for the heft because of the extended battery. I couldn't get by using the stock battery.

Otherwise, I like Android a lot!

I'm back on a 9650.
    Should have bought an iPhone .
    jebulls likes this.
    12-05-11 10:14 PM
    Defensive? I think that iPhone and android users alike get very defensive.
    The marketshare numbers speak for themselves. Those users have nothing to get defensive about.

Everyone likes to defend their platform to at least some extent. Don't bait each other by stating the obvious.
    12-05-11 11:30 PM
    The marketshare numbers speak for themselves. Those users have nothing to get defensive about.

Everyone likes to defend their platform to at least some extent. Don't bait each other by stating the obvious.
    Why are you quoting me, to then give this reply? No reason, and uncalled for.
    Read the previous posts, then reply. Thank you.
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 12-06-11 at 12:00 AM.
    12-05-11 11:36 PM
    Good analogy, but a BlackBerry is like a flux capacitor that only needs to go 55 mph to be effective.
    Have you used the 9650? I have it and use it on a daily basis..Its very simple and helps with emails but thats about it. Its a year old phone that was a year outdated when it was released. Remember, it came out around the same time as the iphone 4. Comparing those two isn't even close, but that's just my opinion.
    12-06-11 08:03 AM
    You're BB at heart... admit it!

Someone already replied, but let's make another analogy.

Its kind of like having... (deep thinking face...)... a perfectly fine running BMW, and going to a Ferrari with no wheels and gas...

Get it? No? I tried...
    No I don't really get it.
    12-06-11 08:06 AM
    People were only defending against a pretty terrible statement. I think the responses you got were all pretty tame and correct. I mean to say the 9930 is only a 9650 with a touch screen is the same as saying the iPhone 4S is an iPhone 4 with a faster processor or the iPhone 4 is an iPhone 3GS with a different design.

I own an iPhone 4S and my wife has a 4. Let's be honest here, the iPhone 4S is way less of an upgrade from the 4 than the 9930 is over the 9650. The 4S advanced about 1/2 a generation while the 9930 advanced about 3 generations.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    12-06-11 08:17 AM
    People were The 4S advanced about 1/2 a generation while the 9930 advanced about 3 generations.
    I agree with you about the 4s. The 9930, by blackberry standards, did advance by 3 generations. By market standards it did not. Still didn't add lte support, no AF, etc...

I would say it finally caught up and moved a generation ahead (finally).
    12-06-11 08:23 AM
    The 4S advanced about 1/2 a generation while the 9930 advanced about 3 generations.
    Which if you think about it makes sense. The 9650 is basically using hardware that is almost/is 3 years old and has been used by RIM for some time. The 99xx is actually completely new.

IMO the 4S is definitely a worthy upgrade over the 4, just like the 9900 is a worthy upgrade over the 9650. For the average user, the difference in 4/4S might not be noticeable, but for the power users and technical standpoint, there is a big difference.

That said I'd still rather wait for the iPhone 5.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-06-11 at 08:31 AM.
    12-06-11 08:29 AM
    I agree with you about the 4s. The 9930, by blackberry standards, did advance by 3 generations. By market standards it did not. Still didn't add lte support, no AF, etc...

I would say it finally caught up and moved a generation ahead (finally).
    My comment was more of a knock on the 9650 than anything. It really was a couple generation bump over the 9650. Think about it, the 9630 was a fair bump over the 8830, but the 9650 was nothing over the 9630. Then the 9930 was a pretty impressive bump over the 9650. By my math, that puts the 9930 about 3 generations past the 9650
    12-06-11 08:29 AM
    If your email isn't coming in you did not set it up right. My gmail set up through exchange is the best overall email experience I have ever had on a phone. Blows away every BB i had! And battery life is much much better for me than the 9930. 9930 was dead by 2 to 3 in the afternoon. My iphone is making it till I go to bed. No way it an 'itoy'. Most productive device I have ever had. Can do so much more with an iphone. Right now I have an app being made for my business. When I had a BB I was laughed at for asking for the same app. Again, reception is much better than my 9650, about the same as the 8330 I had. From what you have said other than the physical buttons I think it's more you not utilizing the iphones potential. But hey, different strokes for different folks
    how would you set this up if u had your own email address? such as [email protected]... i was always curious how iphones/androids handled it..

and what's the BEST email experience ever consist of? i HATEEEEEE how gmail is setup ... the UI is horrible and the threaded messaging is horrible .. not horrible to everyone, but for me.. i hate it.. plus my internet provider gives me 10 email address, and i have my side business emails with the @domain.com as well, so gmail would be out of the question.

i get my email instantly before my inbox, and everything is listed as the emails are received.. reply, forward, reply all, forward as, delete, mark read, file, flag for followup, save, compose, compose other, search, search by, view folder, view saved messages etc all from the main email inbox, i can unify all my messages from every messaging app into one place, or i can separate them.. i'm pretty sure iphones and androids can do the above as well.. so i dunno how it differs really between the three OS'... i think u can get the BEST email experience on any device, but it has to work the way you like..

i dunno if this changed with ios5, but the inability to MARK PRIOR READ when you have 200 messages in your message inbox that you already checked on your computer was totally CRAZY for me! to go into every single message to mark it read was HORRIBLE.. maybe it was an issue of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair, the User) but i couldnt' find a way to do it AT ALL! that to me is not the best email experience!

either way.. iphone is FAST and it makes up for the other tiny things that slow you down ..but despite the gripes i may have i still love my Blackberry 9900... but again like most people say "different strokes for different folks"

and like in other threads, the iphone definitely is a better fit for a lot of people.. with custom apps, and monitoring tools available for them for their jobs..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 12-06-11 at 08:48 AM.
    12-06-11 08:42 AM
    You can have free exchange from google if your company i.e. your own domain has less the 10 employees. You get a free .(yourdomain.com) hosted through google I use this all the time for my smaller businesses I support.
    12-06-11 11:35 AM
    how would you set this up if u had your own email address? such as [email protected]... i was always curious how iphones/androids handled it..

and what's the BEST email experience ever consist of? i HATEEEEEE how gmail is setup ... the UI is horrible and the threaded messaging is horrible .. not horrible to everyone, but for me.. i hate it.. plus my internet provider gives me 10 email address, and i have my side business emails with the @domain.com as well, so gmail would be out of the question.

i get my email instantly before my inbox, and everything is listed as the emails are received.. reply, forward, reply all, forward as, delete, mark read, file, flag for followup, save, compose, compose other, search, search by, view folder, view saved messages etc all from the main email inbox, i can unify all my messages from every messaging app into one place, or i can separate them.. i'm pretty sure iphones and androids can do the above as well.. so i dunno how it differs really between the three OS'... i think u can get the BEST email experience on any device, but it has to work the way you like..

i dunno if this changed with ios5, but the inability to MARK PRIOR READ when you have 200 messages in your message inbox that you already checked on your computer was totally CRAZY for me! to go into every single message to mark it read was HORRIBLE.. maybe it was an issue of PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair, the User) but i couldnt' find a way to do it AT ALL! that to me is not the best email experience!

either way.. iphone is FAST and it makes up for the other tiny things that slow you down ..but despite the gripes i may have i still love my Blackberry 9900... but again like most people say "different strokes for different folks"

and like in other threads, the iphone definitely is a better fit for a lot of people.. with custom apps, and monitoring tools available for them for their jobs..
    You can mark as read now on an iPhone. When BB finally has an IMAP (sub folders) for your email for BIS I can reconsider but not to have that while iOS, Windows and Andriod has it is still unbelievable to me.
    12-06-11 12:48 PM
    andinfo and while I'm at it, is the BB still trunking it's emails? Or is that a thing of the past finally?
    12-06-11 12:50 PM
    People were only defending against a pretty terrible statement. I think the responses you got were all pretty tame and correct. I mean to say the 9930 is only a 9650 with a touch screen is the same as saying the iPhone 4S is an iPhone 4 with a faster processor or the iPhone 4 is an iPhone 3GS with a different design.

I own an iPhone 4S and my wife has a 4. Let's be honest here, the iPhone 4S is way less of an upgrade from the 4 than the 9930 is over the 9650. The 4S advanced about 1/2 a generation while the 9930 advanced about 3 generations.
    It's my opinion.... when I went from 9650 to 9930 it didn't seem different. Internet was a little faster, keyboard is nicer and touch screen was an improvement. It still felt the same and had the same limitations as all the other bb's I had. When I went from 9930 to iphone it felt like a huge advancement. IMO I could have went to an ip4 and it is further advanced than the 9930. But yes for bb standards 9930 is much nicer minus the battery life that is. So sorry my opinion is a pretty terrible statement haha. I will love to look back at all this when(assuming RIM gets QNX right) the QNX BB's come out and some of bb's limitations are lifted. Then all the "stuff" that isn't needed on a bb will be the greatest thing ever!
    12-06-11 01:05 PM
    No I don't really get it.
    For real? -_-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 01:12 PM
    andinfo and while I'm at it, is the BB still trunking it's emails? Or is that a thing of the past finally?
    The attachment size is up to 8mb now and with OS7 and BIS 4.1 it's going up to 11mb.
    12-06-11 01:24 PM
    The attachment size is up to 8mb now and with OS7 and BIS 4.1 it's going up to 11mb.
    Plus, can't you just select to view more, or does that not work if it's over 11mb?
    12-07-11 09:06 AM
    no it doesnt work if its over the BIS cap.
    12-07-11 09:11 AM
    no it doesnt work if its over the BIS cap.
    Then does it ask me if I wanna view more? Does it only load like 1mb and then ask me if I wanna load more?

I swear there is a time that I can select to view more of an email....
    12-07-11 09:19 AM
    ooh it does, its like 30 KB or something. Then it asks if you want more. I cant check since my storm is not connected to BIS right now. But this issue is where the truncation comes in and you are screwed.
    12-07-11 10:38 AM
    ooh it does, its like 30 KB or something. Then it asks if you want more. I cant check since my storm is not connected to BIS right now. But this issue is where the truncation comes in and you are screwed.
    You can set it to Automore and then it dowloads more automatically as you scroll down.
    12-07-11 10:55 AM
    never worked, known flaw. had to download an app to do that
    12-07-11 11:08 AM
338 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD