Thanks sam for the underhanded compliment. Maybe he will listen to you.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    12-04-11 10:19 AM
    Twitter notifications are hit and miss and in most cases non existent on my 4s, add in no multiple signatures for different email accounts, no custom profiles, lousy email handling & notification system, no way that I can find the option to delete individual email messages only on the device and leave on the message on the server, horrid call quality, poor reception, no auto on/off, no trackpad, etc, etc. makes it very frustrating to use efficiently for business hence I'm going to dump mine. I do like the looks of it, the camera & Siri though - Luckily I kept all my Blackberries and my Atrix

EDIT: I should also add that not everything is rosey in the Blackberry world either - I am starting to get so frustrated with the 9860 that I want to throw it out the window! - The typing on that thing is the worst experience I have ever had on ANY phone! and it wanted to be an iphone competitor?? LOL
    We will have to agree to disagree! The 4s is hands down the best device I have ever owned. Makes all the bb's I had feel like dumb phones. Call quality and the way it handles my gmail(set up through exchange) blows every bb away. No truncated emails!! Siri makes life easy when my hands are full. Battery life is way way better than my 9650. So many apps that make me more efficient. I have one game(angry birds) that I have played one time. So it's not an "itoy" to me. It's a business tool and a very good one at that. When I had my 9650 I was always running to a computer for stuff. With the 4s those days are over! So that just goes to show that everyones needs are different! P.S. I tried the 9930. All it is IMO is a 9650 with touch screen and a little more speed!
    Last edited by jebulls; 12-04-11 at 10:50 AM.
    12-04-11 10:30 AM
    @Belfast,
    This one time Accidental is making sense.
    He is talking about a protocol standard.
    The Protocol is independant of the device. If his iPhone or any other device can run that protocol then he can login to his VPN without breaking any rules. The VPN is secure due to the protocol and blind to the device.
    I don't doubt the part of VPN being safe, it's the part about logging in from any device/computer. Do so from a computer with a keylogger virus and they now have your log in details and they can get into your hospital patient records.

Let's say if AP ever logged in before he turned off "diagnostics" in his iphone, his carrier now has his log in details. Or if his iphone gets lost or stolen.

Let's say maybe the iphone is not that bad but an android? Carrier IQ stores log files in plain text on the device and that file is accessible by any app installed in the phone.

See where I'm going with this? Disaster waiting to happen, putting people's private information at risk.
    12-04-11 01:50 PM
    Good luck sam_b77 this is now your brick wall to pound you head against.
    I never turn on diagnostics.

Ok belfast lets say some one does have my credentials. When they install or setup the VPN client to the VPN part of the OS they need to know the following.

VPN Group Name
    VPN Server
    VPN Shared Secret which a CISCO hash combination

Then A username and password combination.

So let's say they get that far.

Then they need to know or have credentials to get into the apps themselves. They are not the same as domain.

Then they need to actually know what to look for and where to look for it.

Do you where a tin foil hat belfast? Do you use a bank card? Do you even use a PC to connect to the internet (especially windows). You are at more risk of getting info stolen than my hospital is with a VPN.

VPN is not hospital's only.

Banks, Govt, Military, Defense, NASA actually any large business. How do you think your bank information is passed around Belfast. I will give you a hint a B2B VPN tunnel and guess what people can see your data.

And please tell me how CIQ can be read by any app on my phone? Please do because I really want to know.:roll eyes:

I am done you have wasted too much of my time belfast and anyone else who doubts security in a VPN .............

You put more of your personal data at risk every time you hand over your debit/credit card to pay for something than anyone using a VPN does.

BOX OF ROCKS..........
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-04-11 at 02:41 PM.
    12-04-11 02:35 PM
    Good luck sam_b77 this is now your brick wall to pound you head against.
    I never turn on diagnostics.

Ok belfast lets say some one does have my credentials. When they install or setup the VPN client to the VPN part of the OS they need to know the following.

VPN Group Name
    VPN Server
    VPN Shared Secret which a CISCO hash combination

Then A username and password combination.

So let's say they get that far.

Then they need to know or have credentials to get into the apps themselves. They are not the same as domain.

Then they need to actually know what to look for and where to look for it.

Do you where a tin foil hat belfast? Do you use a bank card? Do you even use a PC to connect to the internet (especially windows). You are at more risk of getting info stolen than my hospital is with a VPN.

VPN is not hospital's only.

Banks, Govt, Military, Defense, NASA actually any large business. How do you think your bank information is passed around Belfast. I will give you a hint a B2B VPN tunnel and guess what people can see your data.

And please tell me how CIQ can be read by any app on my phone? Please do because I really want to know.:roll eyes:

I am done you have wasted too much of my time belfast and anyone else who doubts security in a VPN .............

You put more of your personal data at risk every time you hand over your debit/credit card to pay for something than anyone using a VPN does.

BOX OF ROCKS..........
    Tin hat?

http://www.dailytech.com/Reports+Hackers+Use+Stolen+RSA+Information+to+Hack +Lockheed+Martin/article21757.htm
    12-04-11 02:44 PM
    @Belfast,
    Agreed that the scenarios you mention have a possibility of occurring. Yes a keylogger can be on his iPhone, but that means someone else had physical access to the iPhone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't push out an app to the iphone remotely.

If we assume that a third party had physical access to the iPhone, then the same can be true if someone have physical access to AP's laptop. A keylogger can be installed on a PC and Mac.

If someone is intent on getting data then there are many ways to do so. I'm sure AP would be taking adequate measures to ensure that this remains a remote possibility.
    12-04-11 03:37 PM
    And yes they know I use my iPhone, my iPad my Macs and windows machines to access work..

I would even use my work BB but no VPN over 3G.

Sent from my MB292LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-04-11 at 04:49 PM.
    12-04-11 03:58 PM

Or in other words, you guys need to lighten up -- chill out.
    tack, howarmat and crashberry like this.
    12-04-11 05:05 PM
    We will have to agree to disagree! The 4s is hands down the best device I have ever owned. Makes all the bb's I had feel like dumb phones. Call quality and the way it handles my gmail(set up through exchange) blows every bb away. No truncated emails!! Siri makes life easy when my hands are full. Battery life is way way better than my 9650. So many apps that make me more efficient. I have one game(angry birds) that I have played one time. So it's not an "itoy" to me. It's a business tool and a very good one at that. When I had my 9650 I was always running to a computer for stuff. With the 4s those days are over! So that just goes to show that everyones needs are different! P.S. I tried the 9930. All it is IMO is a 9650 with touch screen and a little more speed!
    but he's comparing it to the newer berries. The 9900 is more on par to be compared to the iPhone 4S than a 9650.
    12-04-11 07:45 PM
    Nice comparison, good details! I felt the same about Android. Loved a lot of what it was capable of. But I ended up missing some little things about the BlackBerry.

Like you said, all those little things add up!
    So you are back to BB too after trying android?
    12-04-11 07:47 PM
    i love my storm 2, i love my ip4 ,both for different reasons and uses. i mainly use my ip4 for all the apps it has, like being able to completely control my media center, stereo, remotely select music while im on my deck by the pool. the netflix app works well on 3g but even better on wifi. my storm has a great tivo app that i wish i had on my playbook. i never have issues with dropped calls with either phone. both have distinct specialties about them that i enjoy. now combine them both and ill be a happy camper. to each their own...
    12-04-11 08:42 PM
    but he's comparing it to the newer berries. The 9900 is more on par to be compared to the iPhone 4S than a 9650.
    If you read my entire post I tried the 9930. It's just a powerful 9650 with a touchscreen. And also with all this twitter notification talk on ios I missed a lot of notifications on bb twitter
    Last edited by jebulls; 12-05-11 at 07:31 PM.
    12-04-11 09:31 PM
    If you read my entire post I tried the 9930. It's just a powerful 9650 with a touchscreen.
    ...and a larger screen,
    and a higher resolution screen,
    and a track pad,
    and a better keyboard,
    and way more internal memory,
    and a newer OS with a much better browser,
    and wifi hotspot,
    and NFC.

But yeah, pretty much a 9650 refresh
    melb_me likes this.
    12-04-11 11:00 PM
    I don't mind you disagreeing - you are entitled to your opinions after all. All i'm saying is I don't like the way the iphone's handle email for all the reasons on my original post. I have all of these phones and switch between them (I even have micro sim adapters for whenever I want to use the 4s) but I find I always have to have a least a BB with me for all the business stuff. Like I said there are some things I like better on the 4s but unfortunately for me the cons outweigh the pros for me to use it as a full time business phone so yes, I guess we'll just agree to disagree - Isn't choice a wonderful thing?

PS: No one would see the short comings of the iphone or any other phone for that matter by playing with one at a store for half an hour. You really need to own one and use one for several days at a minimum to discover all the things each phone can or cannot do well.
    Last edited by buwee; 12-05-11 at 12:37 AM.
    12-05-11 12:08 AM
    If you read my entire post I tried the 9930. It's just a powerful 9650 with a touchscreen.
    ...and a larger screen,
    and a track pad,
    and a better keyboard,
    and wifi hotspot,
    and NFC.

Exactly!

the 9930 is nothing like the 9560 lol. They're not even on the same level. Of course the 9650 would feel like a "dumb phone" compared to an iPhone . The 9930 is waaaay more comparable.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-05-11 at 12:33 AM.
    12-05-11 12:11 AM
    ...and a larger screen,
    and a track pad,
    and a better keyboard,
    and wifi hotspot,
    and NFC.

And

Accelerometer
    Digital compass
    Double the proccesor power
    HD video recording
    HSPA+ (9900)
    Universal voice search
    Etc
    12-05-11 02:35 AM
    And

Accelerometer
    Digital compass
    Double the proccesor power
    HD video recording
    HSPA+ (9900)
    Universal voice search
    Etc
    And

poorer battery life.

I keed, I keed.
    phonejunky likes this.
    12-05-11 02:52 AM
    OP: It sounds like you have a defective phone, have not experienced almost any issue you have mentioned (I don't use Twitter, but do use Bluetooth, WiFi, Email [Exchange 2010], calls, etc... every day). The first iPhone 4 I purchased was defective, it could hardly remain on any wireless network, I exchanged it and now it works great.

I only have a Torch 9800 to compare to but I compared the wireless signal on them fairly extensively. I get a significantly stronger signal on my iPhone than on my 9800 on both my Cisco 1941w and SonicWALL TZ210w.

I strongly suggest replacing the defective phone with a new one if your issues remain.
    I'm learning more and more about the WiFi issues. Here are two examples of problems I'm having.

1) I was driving away from my in-laws house where I was connected to WiFi. As I was driving down the road, I was updating a sports score on the Score Mobile app. The app was spinning waiting to download the updated scores, but it was trying to do so over WiFi which I wasn't in range of anymore. This happened for a good 30 seconds before the phone realized it was out of range of the router and switched over to 3g.

2) This is the bigger problem I experience ALL the time. When I walk my dog, there is a little dog area at my condo complex. It is far enough from my router to not be within range, but not far enough for the iPhone to realize this. The entire time I am in this "in between" area, I am unable to get data on my phone because it endlessly tried to download stuff over a WiFi connection that I am out of range of. I know for a FACT that every BB I owned that had WiFi handled this situation better.

For most people, these issues dont matter, but for me it's something I have to deal with 3-4 times a day every single day of my life because that is where I walk my dog.
    12-05-11 08:30 AM
    Right,

Obviously the iphone isn't for everybody. Go back to blackberry. It seems to suit your needs better
    12-05-11 08:39 AM
    P.S. I tried the 9930. All it is IMO is a 9650 with touch screen and a little more speed!
    I mean, the iPhone 4S is basically just an iPhone 1 with better internals, right?
    12-05-11 08:50 AM
    So you are back to BB too after trying android?
    Yes, for now. I really liked my Thunderbolt except for the heft because of the extended battery. I couldn't get by using the stock battery.

Otherwise, I like Android a lot!

I'm back on a 9650.
    12-05-11 08:54 AM
    chrisy520....say it ain't so...................
    12-05-11 09:48 AM
    I mean, the iPhone 4S is basically just an iPhone 1 with better internals, right?
    Now I see why you didn't like your iPhone LOL
    12-05-11 10:05 AM
    Yes, for now. I really liked my Thunderbolt except for the heft because of the extended battery. I couldn't get by using the stock battery.

Otherwise, I like Android a lot!

I'm back on a 9650.
    How do you go from a 4g lte android to a 9650? Isn't that like using a flux capacitor and hitting 55 mph?
    12-05-11 10:06 AM
    How do you go from a 4g lte android to a 9650? Isn't that like using a flux capacitor and hitting 55 mph?
    Good analogy, but a BlackBerry is like a flux capacitor that only needs to go 55 mph to be effective.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-05-11 12:25 PM
338 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD