Can someone please help me! I have sent a contact of mine a message through bb messenger, it comes up with the icon ))) on the left by my message and I don't know if they have receivd it or not? on the left hand side there is also a box with 4 blue dots in it, what does this mean? Has my contact received my message, it says that they are available..
    Thanks for helping me!
    03-31-11 05:36 AM
    If the indicator turns to the BBM icon ("box with 4 dots") with a check mark, that means the message has been sent.

A "D" will show up when the message has been DELIVERED to the recipient.

An "R" will show up when the message has been READ by the recipient.
    03-31-11 05:51 AM
    Thanks but what does the ))) mean? Have they turned the phone off, why can the message not get through? I neither have a D or R by the message, it keeps saying ))) therefore I think the message has not been delivered but I don't know why. The bbm icon ("box with 4 dots") does not have a check mark although my contact still says they are available.

Should I keep sending messages to try and get through?
    03-31-11 06:01 AM
    the ))) means its still sending. I've had a few bbm's like that, for some reason or another they just wont send. My solution was to delete the conversation then just resend the message.
    03-31-11 08:36 AM
    Thanks but what does the ))) mean? Have they turned the phone off, why can the message not get through? I neither have a D or R by the message, it keeps saying ))) therefore I think the message has not been delivered but I don't know why. The bbm icon ("box with 4 dots") does not have a check mark although my contact still says they are available.

Should I keep sending messages to try and get through?
    could be a network issue as well... try pushing new service books, and then pull the battery, I would take homer's advice and restart the convo as well...
    03-31-11 02:18 PM
    Yeah, that means that the message is not sending on your end. It has nothing to do with the other person.
    03-31-11 05:22 PM
    Some more help needed please! Does anyone know a website which can tell me the meanings of emoticons and smileys? Someone sent me a smiley face which looks like it is kissing a heart or blowing away a heart or maybe it is blowing a kiss but I am not sure....
    05-27-11 08:11 AM
    Please don't double post the same question in multiple locations on the forums.
    05-27-11 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD