so some water dripped off my cup and made its way to my 9650 sitting on the table. I didnt realize it for several minutes and when i did the phone was sitting in a small puddle. i grabbed it quickly and pulled the battery out. I dried it as best I could and when I powered it back up the trackpad wouldnt respond and the keyboard backlight was flickering. I put it in rice for about an hour and when i put the battery back in everything was good except the keypad wouldnt light up. I used it all day and it works perfectly except no keyboard backlight. My liquid indicators are white they didnt get wet. My question is a 2 parter. A) if I put the phone in rice overnight do you think the keypad backlight will start working again? B)Being that my liquid indicators are good do you think I can get a warranty replacement or will they know it got wet? Thanks
    02-11-11 10:00 PM
    You should have done overnight in the first place.
    There should be more indicators inside the phone..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-11-11 10:06 PM
    Here's a link to good information that may help you. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...ckberry-43139/
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-11-11 10:28 PM
    It might be too late. You should have left the battery out and the device in a bag of rice for a couple of days. Do you have insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 10:51 PM
    Yea I have insurance I just cant afford the 100 dollar deductible right now. It works except for the keypad light which doesnt sound like a big deal but I dont realize how much I need it when its not there. I called Sprint and they said they would send out a replacement under warranty but if they found any damage on the returned unit they would charge me for the phone. All the indicators are good but im not sure if there is one inside the phone under the keypad. The indicator on the side under the battery is white as well as the one on the battery.
    02-11-11 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD