I just got my new curve, and now twice I've pulled it out and the phone acts like it is turned off and won't turn on. I wait and look at it again and it is on. Do they get updates thru data and go unresponsive while updating?
    01-01-10 05:32 PM
    they dont get updates without you knowing about it... but data in general can slow a phone down at times depending on the model you have
    01-01-10 05:36 PM
    I just got my new curve, and now twice I've pulled it out and the phone acts like it is turned off and won't turn on. I wait and look at it again and it is on. Do they get updates thru data and go unresponsive while updating?
    What are you pulling it out of? A holster? You say it won't turn on, but then it turns on. So, it will turn on or it won't turn on?? It can't be both.
    01-01-10 06:18 PM
    What are you pulling it out of? A holster? You say it won't turn on, but then it turns on. So, it will turn on or it won't turn on?? It can't be both.
    Let me dumb it down. When I pull it out of my pocket and I look at the screen it appears to be off and none of the buttons work nor will the device turn on or off by pressing the on/off button. So, I will then go on to do something else and put it away, and then the next time I check it is on and functioning. My question then is: Does anybody have any experience with BB freezing up?
    01-01-10 08:02 PM
    Let me dumb it down. When I pull it out of my pocket and I look at the screen it appears to be off and none of the buttons work nor will the device turn on or off by pressing the on/off button. So, I will then go on to do something else and put it away, and then the next time I check it is on and functioning. My question then is: Does anybody have any experience with BB freezing up?

Have you tried rebooting by pulling the battery? Sometimes this will solve simple problems.
    01-01-10 08:08 PM
    I suspect the OP is using Standby when he pockets the BlackBerry.

The Mute/Standby button is located top left corner. If you press it for a couple seconds, the BlackBerry enters "Standby" mode. The keyboard is locked to prevent accidental speed dialing while in your pocket.

To re-activate it, press and hold the Mute/Standby button.

01-02-10 09:42 AM
    My thoughts exactly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD