Some good news for Blackberry, BGR reported that according to Net Applications Blackberry eked out a small global market share increase, hopefully this is the start of something big and gradual increase in the future (Z3 and Q20 haven't been released yet)

Smartphone Market Share: April sees iOS sink, Android rises | BGR
    johnm137 and AthenaSmith like this.
    05-01-14 05:57 PM
    Some good news for Blackberry, BGR reported that according to Net Applications Blackberry eked out a small global market share increase, hopefully this is the start of something big and gradual increase in the future (Z3 and Q20 haven't been released yet)

Smartphone Market Share: April sees iOS sink, Android rises | BGR
    .07% increase is better than nothing!
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    05-01-14 06:19 PM
    Not your fault, but this story is very misleading. You can't measure market share (which is about SALES) by measuring data traffic, and BGR should have never made such a suggestion. It's very possible for BB data usage to be up a little bit, but this does not mean that sales are up, and there's no reason to believe that they would be up, given that there have been no new phones or marketing in the past month.

You can expect some sales increase with the release of the Z3, but it will be >120 days before we have any idea how those sales are going, as the Z3 will only be sold for the last 15 days of the current fiscal quarter - we'll have to wait for the results of NEXT quarter to find out how it did.
    05-01-14 06:21 PM
    Not sure how BGR got those figures from NetMarketShare but it looks like to me BB is still on steady decline.

BB Global Market Share Up Last Month!-6depkzc.png
    05-01-14 06:28 PM
    They didn't mention that site.

Something called 'Net Applications'

Edit: I apologise, I looked for Net Applications and it also led me to the netmarketshare website.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Last edited by dusdal; 05-01-14 at 09:50 PM.
    05-01-14 07:05 PM
    Not your fault, but this story is very misleading. You can't measure market share (which is about SALES) by measuring data traffic, and BGR should have never made such a suggestion. It's very possible for BB data usage to be up a little bit, but this does not mean that sales are up, and there's no reason to believe that they would be up, given that there have been no new phones or marketing in the past month.

You can expect some sales increase with the release of the Z3, but it will be >120 days before we have any idea how those sales are going, as the Z3 will only be sold for the last 15 days of the current fiscal quarter - we'll have to wait for the results of NEXT quarter to find out how it did.
    Yes I agree that no new device has been released and no marketing effort has been seen but maybe the price reductions in Z10 globally might be the reason behind this increase as it has led to slightly better sale in some parts. Just maybe...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:50 PM
    Yes I agree that no new device has been released and no marketing effort has been seen but maybe the price reductions in Z10 globally might be the reason behind this increase as it has led to slightly better sale in some parts. Just maybe...

Posted via CB10
    Bro,by measuring data traffic no one can analyse the device sales ratio.There may be or may not since z10 is now available in 250 usd in may parts of the world

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-01-14 09:40 PM
    I'm always up for a bit of good news or positivity regarding BlackBerry. Thanks for posting, OP! Haters (or constantly negative naysayers) to the left.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 09:49 PM
    Bro,by measuring data traffic no one can analyse the device sales ratio.There may be or may not since z10 is now available in 250 usd in may parts of the world

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Yes Correct!!! But I'm also just hoping maybe that could be the reason... Just maybe
    Should stay positive I guess...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:31 AM
    I see a significant increase in the number of BlackBerry Z10 devices here in Greece and believe me, is not a BlackBerry friendly country. The price drop is the major reason. More and more people are willing to try the new os because of the low price and i'm more than happy to tell you that I see a lot of pleased new BlackBerry z10 owners.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    05-02-14 05:07 AM
    I see a significant increase in the number of BlackBerry Z10 devices here in Greece and believe me, is not a BlackBerry friendly country. The price drop is the major reason. More and more people are willing to try the new os because of the low price and i'm more than happy to tell you that I see a lot of pleased new BlackBerry z10 owners.
    Nice to know that... All the more reason for BlackBerry to carefully determine future device prices.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:32 AM
    Nice to know that... All the more reason for BlackBerry to carefully determine future device prices.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much the reason you don't see a1-year replacement for the Z10 or Q10. BlackBerry knows new devices with newer specs would mean higher cost and thus higher sales prices... that the market will not support right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:49 AM
    Pretty much the reason you don't see a1-year replacement for the Z10 or Q10. BlackBerry knows new devices with newer specs would mean higher cost and thus higher sales prices... that the market will not support right now.

Posted via CB10
    I think the actual reason is not pricing the devices correctly according to what is available in the market with those specs. If BlackBerry wants premium prices, they need to build a premium looking and premium specced device that could woo the consumer and I'm sure people would go for it. You can't ask for premium price for a product that doesn't compete in terms of specs at least with the other devices available in that price range. And please guys, BlackBerry doesn't need those specs is an argument that sale figures have already rejected.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    05-02-14 06:12 AM
    You are right that survey is misleading it tracks data from both phones and tablets since BlackBerry has probably sold next to no tablets compared to apple and android and tablets probably use more data per unit sold chances are they have actually increased there phone sales by more than the number would indicate.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:41 PM