Why did it take so long for BB to have HTML email? Its almost like the iphone showed them up! BB is a email device first and a media device second, right? I wonder if they always had the know how but never incorporated into their devices?
    07-07-08 04:36 PM
    Why did it take so long for BB to have HTML email? Its almost like the iphone showed them up! BB is a email device first and a media device second, right? I wonder if they always had the know how but never incorporated into their devices?
    i would think it had more to do with the fact that, in the corporate environment, html is lot less important that keeping things fast and keeping the bandwidth down. now that they're moving into the consumer realm and with the times of unlimited data plans etc, out comes the html email.

and yeah, i'm sure the reality of the iphone was at least a partial driver.
    Last edited by exhausted; 07-07-08 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-07-08 04:59 PM
    couldn't have been said better
    07-07-08 05:22 PM
    How long had the bb been around pushing email? The iPhone came onto the scene over a year ago. You bet that apple watched bb and took their ideas and developed a gadget (for the time being) for html email and web browsing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 05:33 PM
    The iphone still doesn't do everything the BB does, though.

07-07-08 05:38 PM
    Totally agree with rob

07-07-08 05:41 PM
    It is humorous when people compare the 2 devices.....since most of us (I said most!) Would never cross between the 2 devices. As said before, the original intention of the BB was secure and quick email. Html emal makes it a bit less secure and certainly slower over an edge network. Welcome change? Yes. Needed in the business world? Not likely.....

07-07-08 05:47 PM
    It is humorous when people compare the 2 devices.....since most of us (I said most!) Would never cross between the 2 devices. As said before, the original intention of the BB was secure and quick email. Html emal makes it a bit less secure and certainly slower over an edge network. Welcome change? Yes. Needed in the business world? Not likely.....

Its like comparing Apples to Berries
    07-07-08 05:52 PM
    Exactly! So I guess someone really needs to become a genetic engineer and make an appleberry and that should please everyone.....or no one......maybe call it a blackapple instead so you could have a slick new logo!

07-07-08 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD