Can anyone recommend a good site for BB fans?
    I have a friend that just got a BB and is very excited to be a new user. He asked me if I could recommend a forum where he could meet like minded fanboys and learn more about his new phone (9900).
    Although I'm sure he could learn a lot on CrackBerry, he would have to sift through all the hate/troll posts and I'm sure that's not the experience he is looking for as a new user.

So, know any sites that are friendly to BB enthusiasts?
    11-08-11 01:44 AM
    Any successful site will attract all types, fans and critics alike.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 02:19 AM
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
    11-08-11 02:42 AM
    Realistically, there is NO BlackBerry site that comes close to CrackBerry

You could try going to another site and work on bringing content to the forums, start twittering informative forum posts and inviting your BBM friends into that forum, and try and get close with the moderators to control the direction of the forum to stick with it's vision, but it wont be a fast process,

I love forums, so I often check out other boards, and CrackBerry is the best for All things BlackBerry.
    11-08-11 06:33 AM
    Crackberry all the way!!!!

You will have to tell your friend to get a thick skin if they want to hang out here. And also to ignore the super-negative.
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    11-08-11 06:48 AM
    Crackberry all the way!!!!

You will have to tell your friend to get a thick skin if they want to hang out here. And also to ignore the super-negative.
    Set up the accounts for them and lead off with an ignore user list on their first registration.

I would love to be able to export my ignore user list to people I recommend this site to.
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-08-11 07:03 AM
    Definitely not this site. I don't think there are fans here anymore.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    11-08-11 07:38 AM
    I'm still here .
    Maybe a poll is in the offing here.
    Just a registry of Fans and Haters. So that newcomers know whom to trust and whom to ignore
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-08-11 07:46 AM
    ahem

characters.
    11-08-11 07:46 AM
    There are. Most just don't post as much as the detractors.

Perhaps that's a norm of today society.

We'll sooner complain then actually compliment.

I don't know....thick skin is not something you'd think you'd have to don when going to a place FOR/in FAVOR of blackberries.
    11-08-11 11:03 AM
    CrackBerry is the best for RIM fans. By far. I am patiently waiting for a BBX device (have been waiting since they first said something about QNX).

This is the internet though. Your friend can either learn to use the ignore list, or grow some balls because you have people from all over the world on this site. Millions of users. Not everyone is going to be nice. This is one of the first things I learn when using the internet, especially if you ever played an online game.
    11-08-11 12:16 PM
    berryreview.com. You might want to check that out, ALOT less hate/troll posts over there.
    11-08-11 03:06 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good site for BB fans?
    I have a friend that just got a BB and is very excited to be a new user. He asked me if I could recommend a forum where he could meet like minded fanboys and learn more about his new phone (9900).
    Although I'm sure he could learn a lot on CrackBerry, he would have to sift through all the hate/troll posts and I'm sure that's not the experience he is looking for as a new user.

So, know any sites that are friendly to BB enthusiasts?
    Jake, just send the friend over here. We'll treat em good.
    11-08-11 03:12 PM
    For some reason I'm shuttering now.

Kidding aside. OP, your friend will have to put up with some crud to be a member of the forums.

As the previous poster has said (s)he'll have to work to ensure (s)he's not inundated with negative spam or "grow some balls".

Friendly ain't it?
    11-08-11 03:32 PM
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
    Not being sarcastic.
    I haven't frequented the other cell phone sites. I spend (my wife would say "waste") enough time on CrackBerry. So I really don't know if there is a more pro-BlackBerry forum. I've always assumed CrackBerry was the place to be for BlackBerry users.
    I grew up in Winnipeg and feel a bit of a connection with Kevin and this site.

Having said that, I'm really struggling with recommending it to new users. I mean this guy is like a kid in a candy store with his new phone. I don't want to bring him down with all the negativity in the forums.
    I guess I'm going to just have to sit down with him and explain the situation. There really are a lot of good people on here (BB users and iPhone/Android users too) in spite of the haters. He's guaranteed to find this place himself if he's surfing the net for BB info, so I'd better prepare him.
    11-09-11 12:34 AM
    Set up the accounts for them and lead off with an ignore user list on their first registration.

I would love to be able to export my ignore user list to people I recommend this site to.
    I'll definitely fill him in on "Who's who".
    11-09-11 12:38 AM
    Thanks Chrisy, you're on the "nice" list.

Which reminds me, Christmas is next month
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 12:41 AM
    berryreview.com get my props, a lack of haters over there, ya probably due to their size but they do get their scoops once in awhile

Check Out The New BerryReview Website Redesign! - BerryReview
    11-09-11 01:07 AM
    hehe Crackberry #1
    11-09-11 04:43 AM
    I come here for entertainment, I go to berry review for serious reviews

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 06:41 AM
    Let him come here, no bb fan site likee CraackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 06:59 AM
    I am new to BB and this site, even with the negativity, I have still learned quite a bit about my 9800. I swear a couple of the posters I have seen could be my ex wife, never happy unless she makes everyone as miserable as she is.
    It's just like reading product user reviews, you learn which ones you can depend on and which ones too ignore by just how they were written. Have your friend sign on and read the threads for about a month to get a hang of it before jumping in and posting. If he/she doesn't like it, they never left a footprint and can go find something else. That is what I do when I check out a new place. As you can see I became comfortable enough to start posting. There are some really good people on this board. There are smaller boards out there if you Google them, but so far this one is the best I have found. Like everything else in life, you take the good with the bad. At least on here you can laugh at the bad and ignore it if you choose.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 07:31 AM
    i know what you mean OP...

but if u just give ur friend a heads up i'm sure it'll be fine...

CB is still the best site and the most knowledgeable people about RIM products..

people just have a low tolerance for bugs and such .. although justified since $$ was spent ... just sometimes it goes overboard.. instead of finding a fix or posting a fix people just say it sucks...

sometimes there are no fixes and it's just SOL, but with technology that happens..
    11-09-11 09:02 AM
    I totally understand what you mean Jake. We should have a special section here for new BlackBerry owners where they can get a decent introduction to their new phones and be prepared for going forward outside of that section.
    I agree that this is the best place for anything BlackBerry- but in the last year or so it is hard to sift thru the muck to get to any info you are looking for. If I was just coming here now instead of when I joined- I might be very worried about the phone I just bought.
    The other day someone made a comment about the fact that the iphone and android forums here are not as bad so I went into them and read alot of posts and I have to agree with that person. I did notice though that the big difference is - you don't have blackberry users going in there and trashing their phones like a lot of former BB users do here.
    Good luck to your friend and I hope he loves his new phone!
    11-09-11 10:09 AM
    In defense of Crackberry, my wife hates this site. I'm always on crackberry either on my Macbook (yes I own an Apple product and I love it) or on my Playbook ( Yes I have the Beta version Playbook 1.0 and I love it).
    Whenever she looks over my shoulder the Crackberry page is open, and she's like "is this all you need the internet for?"
    So despite all the haters, Crackberry is still the No.1 site for BB fans.
    I suspect even the haters love their former BB's and can't seem to find enough love for their iPhones and Androids, which explains why they still stalk the Crackberry forums
    maddie1128 likes this.
    11-09-11 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD