I don't think it's very 'innovative' to respond to critics or wrong information by means of blog posts. It will get its hype but it will die down, and whoever started this will be the only one reading it.
    chalx likes this.
    07-08-14 10:57 AM
    So how do you propose they go about it then?

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-08-14 11:05 AM
    Did you read the article on the front page from Chris? I think he is right and that it could be a nice success if they act faster
    07-08-14 11:06 AM
    Only if those critics actually see the BB fact check...which in my head, they won't, and if they do, they won't care.

I don't think it's very 'innovative' to respond to critics or wrong information by means of blog posts. It will get its hype but it will die down, and whoever started this will be the only one reading it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-08-14 11:06 AM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-fac...it-even-better

You should read this

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-14 11:12 AM
    Might make a few "journalist" think before writing something... give them a place to look for the facts.

Really don't see a down side.... but outside of Crackberry and a few tech sites, don't think there is any hype about BB FactCheck.
    BBrickk, gt0520 and kbz1960 like this.
    07-08-14 11:13 AM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-fac...it-even-better

You should read this

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Already did. It's not exposed enough. It's like a hidden treasure: it's great but you have to dig deep to find it.
    07-08-14 11:21 AM
    So how do you propose they go about it then?

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    Website, app, Youtube channel, twitter, or a column on a popular technology website.
    chalx likes this.
    07-08-14 11:23 AM
    Did you read the article on the front page from Chris? I think he is right and that it could be a nice success if they act faster
    I did of course. I read every piece that is posted. I made my comments on it too.
    07-08-14 11:24 AM
    It's not about being popular. It's just a place where they can respond when someone is writing BS
    bungaboy and Camelhmpz like this.
    07-08-14 12:18 PM
    Website, app, Youtube channel, twitter, or a column on a popular technology website.
    I think what BlackBerry is doing is a good start. I do agree that there are additional means to get more exposure. The down side is some people will not be interested in Blackberry's side of the story, no matter where they post.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 12:21 PM
    It's not about being popular. It's just a place where they can respond when someone is writing BS
    What's the point if it's not exposed enough to be read?
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-08-14 12:43 PM
    I think what BlackBerry is doing is a good start. I do agree that there are additional means to get more exposure. The down side is some people will not be interested in Blackberry's side of the story, no matter where they post.

Posted via CB10
    I think they will once it becomes a matter of truth and false.
    07-08-14 12:45 PM
    When someone posts an inaccurate article, BlackBerry must respond with the facts. Then, in the comments on the article a direct link to the Fact Check portal post should be made. A reputable journalist at a reputable website or analyst firm will update the story based on BlackBerry's comments, and the disreputable ones will just ignore it and have someone like Jonathan Geller post more jokes about how BlackBerry is going bankrupt... but, over time, one can not continue to post anti-BlackBerry falsehoods and retain their own credibility: whomever posted that dreck to Seeking Alpha has egg on their face by now.
    07-08-14 12:58 PM
    This "Portal" is kind of buried. It took me 5-10 minutes just to find the blog. While I applaud any effort to dispell some of the myths surrounding Blackberry, I highly doubt this effort will do much to change media perception. I like the app idea---everybody likes apps these days!
    07-08-14 01:02 PM
    When someone posts an inaccurate article, BlackBerry must respond with the facts. Then, in the comments on the article a direct link to the article on the Fact Check portal should be posted. A reputable journalist will update the story based on BlackBerry's comments, and the disreputable ones will just ignore it and have someone like Jonathan Geller post more jokes about how BlackBerry is going bankrupt... but, over time, one can not continue to post anti-BlackBerry falsehoods and retain their own credibility: whomever posted that dreck to Seeking Alpha has egg on their face by now.
    Exactly, the purpose of the Fact Check Portal is to be pre-emptive, in a manner of speaker. Remember, the last thing a trash talker wants is to be exposed as a fraud. Thus, they either shape up or move on. My bet is that they will move on.
    07-08-14 01:05 PM
    This "Portal" is kind of buried. It took me 5-10 minutes just to find the blog. While I applaud any effort to dispell some of the myths surrounding Blackberry, I highly doubt this effort will do much to change media perception. I like the app idea---everybody likes apps these days!
    It's not as important that the Fact Checker "portal" be high profile and easy to find in-and-of-itself: when inaccuracies are posted on other sites, a rebuttal post is made with a link directly to the "facts" pertinent to the matter. Or, BlackBerry can issue a press release debunking the other article and include the link there.

I don't expect people will replace their Yahoo or MSN or FaceBook "Home" page in their Web Browser with "BBFactCheck Portal"... people aren't meant to to go there every few days to catch up on the lies and truths: the portal is there as a persistent place to which EVERYONE, you, me, BB staff, can post links in a reply to an article that needs to be 'called out'.

I don't know if it is expected that the site will be bookmarked by anyone other than BB fans: I might do so, so when I see an offensive article, I can go to the "Portal", find the debunking article, capture the link, and return to the offensive article to say "you LIAR!!!!!!" with no fewer than 6 exclamation points and post the link.
    07-08-14 01:23 PM
    It's not as important that the Fact Checker "portal" be high profile and easy to find in-and-of-itself: when inaccuracies are posted on other sites, a rebuttal post is made with a link directly to the "facts" pertinent to the matter. Or, BlackBerry can issue a press release debunking the other article and include the link there.

I don't expect people will replace their Yahoo or MSN or FaceBook "Home" page in their Web Browser with "BBFactCheck Portal"... people aren't meant to to go there every few days to catch up on the lies and truths: the portal is there as a persistent place to which EVERYONE, you, me, BB staff, can post links in a reply to an article that needs to be 'called out'.

I don't know if it is expected that the site will be bookmarked by anyone other than BB fans: I might do so, so when I see an offensive article, I can go to the "Portal", find the debunking article, capture the link, and return to the offensive article to say "you LIAR!!!!!!" with no fewer than 6 exclamation points and post the link.

Well that is all true IF people are not too lazy to find the actual Portal to call people out. In Chris Umi's editorial today, was there a link to the Portal? I may have missed it but after reading, I had to do a web search. I am saying that it is not good enough to have a low-key blog without some other method to direct people to this myth-busting.
    07-08-14 01:33 PM
    there this thingy called web search, can find almost anything , try blackberry facts volkswagon .....

and you get , 4 BB/tech enthusiat sites posting the correct (crackberry came up first), the the BB facts site, then more tech blogs, stock blogs, all posting to corrected info

seems to be working pretty well , and it is actually good that the BB Facts site is not on top, that tech blogs referring to it came first all referring to the misinformation

putzing around the web site ( an complaining about it) when google and yahoo and others have worked so hard on their search engines seem silly
    07-08-14 01:36 PM
    there this thingy called web search, can find almost anything , try blackberry facts volkswagon .....

and you get , 4 BB/tech enthusiat sites posting the correct (crackberry came up first), the the BB facts site, then more tech blogs, stock blogs, all posting to corrected info

seems to be working pretty well , and it is actually good that the BB Facts site is not on top, that tech blogs referring to it came first all referring to the misinformation

putzing around the web site ( an complaining about it) when google and yahoo and others have worked so hard on their search engines seem silly
    Yeah, like I said my search brought up I believe 6 CB articles first thing---clicked on first 3 items with no link to the site--I think I found it on the 4th try. The first 3 sites all mentioned the portal but none actually had links to it. Thanks for your help tho!
    07-08-14 01:42 PM
    Have YOU ever read a BS report about BlackBerry? When you do, YOU can read and cite/reference the BlackBerry blog in the comments section of the BS article.
    07-08-14 01:44 PM
    It's possible that there is a lot more exposure on the corporate side of things. Like if a company is looking for a new MDM solution BB would refer them to the blog and/or specific sections of it. Where as we are looking at things from the consumer side.

I'm fairly certain that if you are a corporation and are looking into BES there are most likely information packets given out, this might be where the exposer is most prominent.
    07-08-14 02:04 PM
    This is exactly my point. Thank you!
    07-08-14 04:18 PM
    I think some are missing the point.

A shabby journalist or blogger is not going to go to the this blog to make sure there have "the facts" but BB will have a known place to post facts but BB will still have to get the word out that they poster "the facts" to answer :the wrong facts" as another poster put it.

BB will still have to repond directly to the misinformation and refer back to "the facts" as an authoratative source. It's not meant for browsing and we hope will be pretty quiet.

What's most important is the intention to directly respond to misinformation.

I still think they have to avoid the creating confusion like they did with the recent sale of a divison to BB , because this fact checking situation could've been avoided
    07-08-14 04:49 PM
    This is exactly my point. Thank you!
    I think we understood your point and kind of tried to explain to you why it's not an issue.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-14 05:13 PM
71 123