Okay, curious to hear what people think of this as far as BB etiqette goes. I am at church this afternoon waiting to pay my last respects to an aquaintence and speak with his widow when I look behind me and see the guy behind me typing away on his BB! I just thought that was a bit tackey! Thoughts anuone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 08:43 PM
    agreed!!
    and at the gym! i will be the first to admit that i LOVE my berry however i can part with it for the hour and a half that i am at the gym. i hate seeing people on their berries and other phone while sitting on a weight machine or while stretching or doing crunches etc....it's just not necessary
    06-22-08 08:46 PM
    I agree...there are certain places where BB should be put away and or turned off...( not just BB but phones in general) Places of worship are def one of those places where phones should be left off or if you can control yourself do yourself a favor and leave it in your car... thats just plain disrespectfull
    06-22-08 08:48 PM
    Not a little, VERY!
    06-22-08 08:49 PM
    That is very Tacky. Once your in church, all electronic devices should be turned off.
    You are in church to Praise the lord. and if you can't do that, then leave.

I saw someone texting in church once. I can't tell you how upset I was. So I told an Usher about it, and she made him give her his phone until after service was over. This was a grown man, mind you.
    06-22-08 08:51 PM
    RE Pro, disrespectful. Accurate and on point as always.
    06-22-08 08:52 PM
    I saw someone texting in church once. I can't tell you how upset I was. So I told an Usher about it, and she made him give her his phone until after service was over. This was a grown man, mind you.
    that is awesome that she took his phone away!! hopefully that taught him a lesson but i hate to say that someone who would do that in the first place will probably not think twice to do it again...
    06-22-08 08:54 PM
    Agreed -
    Unless it's my funeral - everyone will be expected to be using their BB's. And mine will be in my cold, rigid hand. I even expect the Pastor to read my eulogy from his. (yes, he has one)
    Last edited by Chaz; 06-22-08 at 09:07 PM.
    06-22-08 08:56 PM
    RE Pro, disrespectful. Accurate and on point as always.
    Thanks AG i just believe that Respect is very important in anything...and when someone does somthing like this it just shows the kind of person they are IMO. Personally i would have told him to please leave... since it was more important for him to be on the phone then paying respect to someone he obviously would never see again...
    06-22-08 09:04 PM
    Unless it's my funeral - everyone will be expected to be using their BB's. And mine will be in my cold, rigid hand. I even expect the Pastor to read my eulogy from his. (yes, he has one)

LMAO! Church, never. But, I use mind at the gym for the music.
    06-22-08 09:07 PM
    But, I use mind at the gym for the music.
    that's different than answering emails or texting or taking a phone call!
    06-22-08 09:08 PM
    You are correct. He needs too show a little more respect
    06-22-08 09:11 PM
    Too funny Chaz! Or is the berry the new way of having the bell with a string just in case you really weren't gone?

Not sure what my Pastor has ended up with, he had a Treo for a while and I know his son has a berry and wash trying to influence him to get one also. I will have to drop in next week and see......

06-22-08 09:13 PM
    Wel, I'm not going to sit here and front- I have used mine in Church. And I do believe that most people wont admit that they've done/do it.
    06-22-08 09:20 PM
    Wel, I'm not going to sit here and front- I have used mine in Church. And I do believe that most people wont admit that they've done/do it.
    what were you doing on it? texting or looking something up? just curious!
    06-22-08 09:23 PM
    what were you doing on it? texting or looking something up? just curious!
    What I was doing on it is a moot point; the fact remains that I use mine in Church.
    06-22-08 09:26 PM
    There's a time and a place for everything. If you take the time to go to church, funeral, gym whatever you should be there physically and mentally. I could see answering a short text or whatever if I was in church, but that's about it.

06-22-08 09:37 PM
    Nope, I will even go so far as to say I have never taken my BB into a church.
    Ever. It stays in the car. My faith and worship is far more important than
    anything that will ever come across my BB. A time and place for everything...
    06-22-08 09:39 PM
    Nope, I will even go so far as to say I have never taken my BB into a church.
    Ever. It stays in the car. My faith and worship is far more important than
    anything that will ever come across my BB. A time and place for everything...
    I cant agree more AG.... there are certain places my BB will never have the priveledge of going and my place of worship is one of those places...i am there to pay my respects and give thanks for all that i have been blessed with...those who text me and call me can wait until i am done... after all everyone deserves to be shown the respect of undevided attention...im sure when your in a meeting with the person who cuts your checks you pay attention and dont play on your berry why he is talking why should are higher being be treated any differently...
    06-22-08 09:48 PM
    that's different than answering emails or texting or taking a phone call!
    I knew exactly what you meant. It is completely different. lol I see the same thing when I'm on the treadmill running and see someone on the treadmill next to me on their berry or cell and holding a 30 min conversation. But, I simply ignore them, finish my station, and keep it movin'.
    06-22-08 09:50 PM
    And my Priest has got Mass down to 45 minutes flat, so I won't be away that long
    06-22-08 09:51 PM
    I'm sure if I were forced to go to church you'd find me in the back on my BB. At a funeral, Heck if they're Irish we're probably all drunk anyway. Nothing like a good ole' Irish funeral.
    06-22-08 09:53 PM
    There's a time and a place for everything. If you take the time to go to church, funeral, gym whatever you should be there physically and mentally. I could see answering a short text or whatever if I was in church, but that's about it.

man, you and I would get along GREAT...I swear we think alike...
    06-22-08 09:53 PM
    I tried to use it - once. I had the KJV of the bible on mine.
    06-22-08 09:56 PM
    Wish I could say the same about leaving mine in the car. I do most of the time, lately though with my wife being due in a few weeks I have it with me (on silent ALWAYS) and will check after service.....feels odd even having it with me. I feel rude checking it, though I have seen many others on their phone or BB. Its an electronic world......next thing you know they will they will be streaming the sermon live!

06-22-08 10:00 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD