On my BB Tour 9630, I currently have a full blown data plan on Telus (Canada). I am looking to reduce my monthly cell phone bill by subscribing to the BB Email & IM plan giving me unlimited access to my email and BBM and giving up the data plan.

When I remove the data access, what exactly am I cutting out? From what I understand this will prevent any apps from accessing the internet (Weather, Facebook, Flixster and Twitter). I do receive fliers in my mailbox, will I be able to view the images in the email message? Will the removal of the data prevent the push email notifications from working correctly? The BB mail client on my phone is synced up to a Gmail account.

I am not on a contract, so if I don't like the changes I can always switch back after a month. I would like to know what I'm getting into.
    Last edited by Theldonn; 06-15-11 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added push email concern.
    06-15-11 12:49 PM
    From what I understand this will prevent any apps from accessing the internet (Weather, Facebook, Flixster and Twitter).
    this is correct, you will only be able to use the data-reliant apps that you signed up for - BBM & email.

You should be able to gather images from emails, but I could be wrong.
    06-15-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD