This is just an observation but made me wonder about bb in the near future and other than this new bb ive heard about where will bb go next because...

This is what ive seen.. I recently sold my iphone for a bb, while I was in the shop a sales assistant asked me was I mad? and she said that everyone she knows is giving up there bb for there Iphone. Im not one to follow trend so I just said ahh and said my reasons.

After selling it. Everytime I recently log on to facebook even today. I see a new post saying, wooo hoo my iphone has just arrived or ahhh should i go get an iphone.

I hav a friend who has bb since her first bb pearl, shes been throu so many bb's and still oved them but she just got her i.p.4S last week and said shes fallen in love. She thinks very complicated to use but said she cant put it down.
    So anyhoo, i was on youtube and found young young teens and there iphones.. whats on my iphone vids. I was shocked dont know why, but 1: blackberry were and actually still are the phone all teens love, pre teens for there bbm etc. (as im in the uk) London.
    But to see young kids and adults discussing whats on there iphone, what case they have, where they got the case and what apps theyve added, and all teh games and tricks I was like wow, I sold my phone and now everyone is on iphone...

I then typed in whats on my blackberry...... nada.. barely anything and if there was, it was not of recent or on recent bb.

Yes I know youtube, fb, etc. only counts for a few but it does count for the everyday man, teen etc.. and the enthusiam to 'get' an iphone, use instagram, and get all these apps not only iphone, but androids etc. I am a phone nut and often linger in my local phone shop to see whats new and use there on display phones.. where i hear other phones up for discussion rather than bb.

Then i was always a fan of blackberry sightings website... well that site barely gets updated, yes I guess cos everyone has a bb nowadays so its pointless. But any candid shots i see of celebs being snapped and people in general. They now have there iphone instead of bb.

Sadly as much as I love the calender (beats the iphone calender anyday) on the bb, the look, style, lightness (and bb has the best notifications by far too) I will be going back to iphone as my main phone and get a bb (maybe at a later date as a side phone bbm and calender... maybe)

But it means yet another bb out there whos owner is trading them in for a new phone.. or an iphone.

The blackberry makes beautiful looking phones but the iphone who isnt even the best phone out there anymore seems to be the phone taking over some, not all, previos bb addicts.

(this is just my observation obviosly) But bb will have to pull somthing out the bag. For my bbm crazy friend to actually give her phone to her sis because of her new iphone. made me wonder are bbs slowing disapearing and being replaced by iphone example
    04-13-12 11:27 AM
    Yes, Apple has brainwashed most of the first world.

We know.

We are sad.
    04-13-12 11:28 AM
    Why not just use the phone you like best and not worry about what other people are using.
    04-13-12 11:33 AM
    RIM increased thier user base by 2 Million last year, so no, they're not.

And yes, there are an awful lot of people in the electronic shops who refuse to talk about anything but Apple. I presume it has something to do with the iDevices being more expensive thus more commission plus just being trend concious sheep.
    04-13-12 11:58 AM
    You make the younger generation seem like they're dumber than a soap bubble.

This has to be a disguised troll post...
    04-13-12 12:09 PM
    RIM increased thier user base by 2 Million last year, so no, they're not.

And yes, there are an awful lot of people in the electronic shops who refuse to talk about anything but Apple. I presume it has something to do with the iDevices being more expensive thus more commission plus just being trend concious sheep.
    Not last year, last quarter, the quarter before that they added 5 millions.
    04-13-12 12:15 PM

Where did the OP make the younger generation look dumb?

A disguised troll post? Wow...

To the OP, BlackBerry is not as popular as it use to be. They are however still gaining new customers/subscribers. Device shipments have been going down though.

Yes the iPhone and Android devices are more popular right now. Consumers seem to want bigger screens and full touch compared to a physical QWERTY device. Also, the lack of many popular apps on the BB is what is stopping many people from buying them as well.

Don't follow the crowd, buy what you want and like. Just because more people are switching to Android and the iPhone doesn't mean you still can't like your BB.
    04-13-12 12:36 PM
    at the rate bb is losing market share, the current iteration of their phones are definitely dying out relative to other platforms. they better not screw bb10 up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-13-12 01:01 PM
    Its hard to predict what will happen in the future. Look at Nokia which is 'dying' moved like 80 some odd million phones...Samsung some 80+ million (higher then Nokia). Numbers dont always seem to indicate success (at least for Nokia). If RIM was still just Java and no QNX was brought in, yea wave good bye, but that just isnt the case. They have a strong following, a relative plan, changed management, small pile of cash (2 billion or so) and are looking to the future. There are STILL people that wont give up there BB devices. Matter fact on Bloomberg (radio) the other day one of the hosts was asked what they had and it was an Iphone and BB. They added some color about the BB (I cant recall exactly what) but they just didnt want to part with it period. But the media has been toxic to RIM and RIM has failed to deliver over the last year or 3, so it can appear they are going down the drain. I dont think their fate is sealed quite yet.

Now with Verizon setting up to charge for upgrades you might actually see the carriers charge the real price for phones. That will change the landscape as well. And if the carriers arent making back their 'investment' with a particular device, watch the price structures change.

So today, RIM makes smart phones, do you like their devices? Are you willing to use one for 2 yrs or so? Really no one knows who or what we will be using in 10 yrs, never mind 2 yrs. Buy what you like.
    04-13-12 02:26 PM
    What matters most is that your expectations will be met. As long as you are happy with it and the phone (iPhone in your case) does it for you you'll be fine.

There is certainly social pressure out there that may others lead to opt in for one or another phone simply because all others that are in their circle of social engagement did so already.

I would not give away my preferred device at all costs. I know that mine will not let me down when it matters most. Despite your BlackBerry's ten year old IT architecture (service/server/device) it will be suprior to anything else that's currently on the market.

To value a BlackBerry some understanding is required about how it works. This needs to be intelectually digested. You may then arrive at a conclusion where you see a BlackBerry not just as a phone but as a wireless device that allows you to carry some slices of a server with you. That server will always travel with you and does the hard work.

Such a technology is not accessible to other manufactors and their handsets will therefore remain inferior.

Whatever your decision is I hope you do what suits you best.

Sent from my RIM BlackBerry PlayBook.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    04-13-12 03:45 PM
    No it is Not Dying. but definitely it is in a state of transition. People here need to be realistic. Adding new subscribers mostly from the thrid world isn't what I would consider successful. (Fees from Carriers in Indonesia or India are a fraction of what they are here) which also means more strain on their servers and not enough revenue to scale up.

If everything is so peachy then why is RIM smartly changing their strategy and going for BB10?

I, however, believe that there will be a major resurgence of the platform. Plenty or people still love or miss their blackberries. i missed mine so much I came back. I have the exact same issues but I'm all in with RIM this time.

04-13-12 04:17 PM

Lol, i have no clue what one of those are
    04-13-12 05:47 PM
    I hope they come bk with something good. As I like holding, using and theres alot I prefer about the blackberry. I also think that just mayb people r getting lazier an iphone is pretty simple layout and its more visual, large icons..and things are done ina quick swipe... But yeh I look forward to seeing where bb goes next
    Last edited by sydnybru; 04-13-12 at 06:04 PM.
    04-13-12 06:00 PM
    Youtube, Facebook, etc. are not unique apps/features on the iPhone, but many act like they are?

I know, BB is not as popular as it used to be, but I could care less what phone most people are using. I mean if we judged movies based on what most people went out to see, Avatar would be among the greatest movies of all time, so would Independence Day for that matter. But a movie like Shawshank Redemption would suck based on that metric?

I know thats apple to oranges, but all I am saying is go with the phone you like using the most. I personally luv the notification system on BB's, the qwerty keyboards, and I use apps that I find useful and productive. My main beef with my own BB is the lack of consumer media apps/games, but I can run most of the practical popular apps like Youtube, Facebook, etc.

I will never buy an iPhone as long as there is no qwerty keyboard. I mean having a high res 3.5'' screen is not as important to me as has having the ability to type with ease on a QWERTY keyboard. I still chuckle when I see people using Netflix on an iPhone. I mean really? A blockbuster hollywood movie with high production value you can hardly notice shrunk to a 3.5'' screen?

My point is, I use the keyboard everyday, where most entertainment apps I might try out once and move on. It would be nice to have it all, but RIM has to get their act together with BB10...
    04-13-12 08:03 PM
    I hope they come bk with something good. As I like holding, using and theres alot I prefer about the blackberry. I also think that just mayb people r getting lazier an iphone is pretty simple layout and its more visual, large icons..and things are done ina quick swipe... But yeh I look forward to seeing where bb goes next
    Lol, would bb users be considered lazy by utilizing keyboard shortcuts?

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-13-12 09:10 PM
    Since when does quick = lazy? Seems to me that on a smarthphone, the quicker the better because it is more efficient.

Like Marty said, using your logic, that must make people who use the keyboard shortcuts on a BB the laziest SOBs in the smarthphone market.

Do you like going through more menus to get things done?
    04-13-12 09:14 PM
    the media is bashing bb. in fact though Rim is doing just fine. I use my phone primarily for communication and the bold 9900 is the best phone in the world for that!

04-13-12 10:22 PM
    the media is bashing bb. in fact though Rim is doing just fine. I use my phone primarily for communication and the bold 9900 is the best phone in the world for that!

It's not just the media that's bashing RIMM . RIMM pissed a lot of customers off. (c) storm series, tour, and playbook....

04-14-12 01:31 AM
    Who cares? Can we do anything about it? Just enjoy the product.
    My life does not depend on RIM surviving or not. I hope they do, that's all.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 04-14-12 at 02:37 AM.
    04-14-12 02:34 AM
    Dude the iphone is way better. FaceBook for the iphone kiss the BB facebook. Its faster, and has 10 times more features. Yes there are a few features I miss about he BB but not many.

This is just an observation but made me wonder about bb in the near future and other than this new bb ive heard about where will bb go next because...

This is what ive seen.. I recently sold my iphone for a bb, while I was in the shop a sales assistant asked me was I mad? and she said that everyone she knows is giving up there bb for there Iphone. Im not one to follow trend so I just said ahh and said my reasons.

After selling it. Everytime I recently log on to facebook even today. I see a new post saying, wooo hoo my iphone has just arrived or ahhh should i go get an iphone.

I hav a friend who has bb since her first bb pearl, shes been throu so many bb's and still oved them but she just got her i.p.4S last week and said shes fallen in love. She thinks very complicated to use but said she cant put it down.
    So anyhoo, i was on youtube and found young young teens and there iphones.. whats on my iphone vids. I was shocked dont know why, but 1: blackberry were and actually still are the phone all teens love, pre teens for there bbm etc. (as im in the uk) London.
    But to see young kids and adults discussing whats on there iphone, what case they have, where they got the case and what apps theyve added, and all teh games and tricks I was like wow, I sold my phone and now everyone is on iphone...

I then typed in whats on my blackberry...... nada.. barely anything and if there was, it was not of recent or on recent bb.

Yes I know youtube, fb, etc. only counts for a few but it does count for the everyday man, teen etc.. and the enthusiam to 'get' an iphone, use instagram, and get all these apps not only iphone, but androids etc. I am a phone nut and often linger in my local phone shop to see whats new and use there on display phones.. where i hear other phones up for discussion rather than bb.

Then i was always a fan of blackberry sightings website... well that site barely gets updated, yes I guess cos everyone has a bb nowadays so its pointless. But any candid shots i see of celebs being snapped and people in general. They now have there iphone instead of bb.

Sadly as much as I love the calender (beats the iphone calender anyday) on the bb, the look, style, lightness (and bb has the best notifications by far too) I will be going back to iphone as my main phone and get a bb (maybe at a later date as a side phone bbm and calender... maybe)

But it means yet another bb out there whos owner is trading them in for a new phone.. or an iphone.

The blackberry makes beautiful looking phones but the iphone who isnt even the best phone out there anymore seems to be the phone taking over some, not all, previos bb addicts.

(this is just my observation obviosly) But bb will have to pull somthing out the bag. For my bbm crazy friend to actually give her phone to her sis because of her new iphone. made me wonder are bbs slowing disapearing and being replaced by iphone example
    04-14-12 04:54 AM
    Where did the OP make the younger generation look dumb?

A disguised troll post? Wow...

To the OP, BlackBerry is not as popular as it use to be. They are however still gaining new customers/subscribers. Device shipments have been going down though.

Yes the iPhone and Android devices are more popular right now. Consumers seem to want bigger screens and full touch compared to a physical QWERTY device. Also, the lack of many popular apps on the BB is what is stopping many people from buying them as well.

Don't follow the crowd, buy what you want and like. Just because more people are switching to Android and the iPhone doesn't mean you still can't like your BB.
    I used to be a person that despised the touchscreen and refused to move. But I decided t give the iphone a shot and WOW was my reaction. They have 50 x more apps, and are so much better.
    04-14-12 04:58 AM
    Dude the iphone is way better. FaceBook for the iphone kiss the BB facebook. Its faster, and has 10 times more features. Yes there are a few features I miss about he BB but not many.
    Iphone Facebook app and BB Facebook app sitting on a tree K I S S I N G lol, damn that autocorrect

What feature is the BB facebook app missing?

BB app at least it has shortcuts (F friends, M messages, C chat etc), loads faster and you can use it offline.
    04-14-12 05:33 AM
    blackberry are stubburn and what made them great is now holding them back, I'm talking about the physical keyboard, they need to drop that and make the real leap to touch screen and a more upto date OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-14-12 05:50 AM
    Lol, would bb users be considered lazy by utilizing keyboard shortcuts?

You're right. The iphone interface isn't lazy its just different. It's not even that much different. There's only so many ways you can put icons on a screen. Each interface is different. People should use the one they prefer. I happen to prefer BlackBerry.
    04-14-12 06:38 AM
    blackberry are stubburn and what made them great is now holding them back, I'm talking about the physical keyboard, they need to drop that and make the real leap to touch screen and a more upto date OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    That's what they're doing with BBOS10 though I don't think they're dropping the keyboard just the first phone will be all touch. Dropping the keyboard would alienate a large amount of loyal users, myself included.
    04-14-12 06:41 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD