Hi All,

I went to Application Management on my 9900 and saw something called the BB Device Analyzer. Can anyone tell me what this is/does? Is it useful or can it be deleted if not?

I don't remember seeing this on my other BBs. It just caught my eye this time and I got curious. All I could find in a search was about "real time analyzers" and "wifi analyzers".

Any info would be nice. Thanks!
    11-30-11 10:04 PM
    Well, I have a 9810 and I couldn't find it on my device. According to RIM, it collects data as to whether your phone is running properly or requires assistance. I've personally never heard of it before, but here's the license (the purpose of the app is written in the first paragraph):

I wasn't able to find anything else about it. In my opinion, the description is a bit vague, though. I think it's a bit strange that this is the only piece of information available to us from RIM, as far as I know. I'm sure there are others who know more than me, and I'm sure there's more info out there.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 11-30-11 at 10:49 PM.
    11-30-11 10:44 PM
    Thanks FlashFlare.
    That bit didn't really explain too much at all, huh? Like you said, very vague. It's odd. I don't know if it would be used by casual users or by RIM folks if a phone is sent back with problems.
    At least I know a tad bit more than I did before. Thanks again!
    12-01-11 10:42 AM
    This is on my 9850 after upgrade to 7.1. It was hidden under device-advanced system settings. It can run several diagnostic tests including battery testing, wi-fi and cellular connections. Will also tell you if the device is running low on memory. it does have a built-in memory cleaner. Seems to be anice tool. Only takes up some 360 kb.
    12-31-11 09:54 AM