So. I was playing with my bb and I happen to have dropt it in the table saw. And I was wondering is there any way to get my cantacts list back from my bbm y have bbprotec but so far it only restored my contacts from my phone book and only that( bought a 9670 to re place my curve 3G ) is there any way to restore my bbm contacts if I haven't made a back up file on my pc ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 07:14 PM
    Is the motherboard still intact? If so, you might be able to plug it into your computer and use the "Switch Devices" menu option - even if you have no battery it should still boot up using USB power.
    08-09-11 07:29 PM
    Well I spit it in to what seems like 5 peaces so yeah it all whent to ****

08-09-11 08:19 PM
    Sorry for your loss of a blackberry. You'll need to remember that BlackBerry Protect doesn't backup BBM contacts. It even says "what doesn't get backed up?" under the list of what you could select from.

Since it got sawed to pieces, you've lost it. The 9670 is a CDMA device. Curve 3G is GSM, unless there was a CDMA version you had destroyed.

08-09-11 08:58 PM
    No not that I'm aare of but I was closest to a sprint store and since I had the curve since it came out I dint mind switching cariers plus it was on sale !!! I only paid like 25$ well 32. With taxes

And yeah I forgot that bbprotect. Dint do bbm contacts but I figuered I would never need it ... But hey u live and u learn

08-09-11 09:13 PM
    So. I was playing with my bb and I happen to have dropt it in the table saw. And I was wondering is there any way to get my cantacts list back from my bbm y have bbprotec but so far it only restored my contacts from my phone book and only that( bought a 9670 to re place my curve 3G ) is there any way to restore my bbm contacts if I haven't made a back up file on my pc ???

Could you post a pic of your "buzz sawed" phone?

I think that could be the start of a great thread. How did your BB bite it!

Tim
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    08-09-11 10:55 PM
    The 9670 is a CDMA device. Curve 3G is GSM, unless there was a CDMA version you had destroyed.
    Curve 3G line includes the 9300 (GSM/HSPA) and the 9330 (CDMA).
    Since he's a Sprint customer, it's a safe assumption he had a 9330. It's also a safe assumption that he knows what phone he had.
    08-10-11 12:51 AM
    I assume you didn't use the built-in BBM contacts backup? I guess that's a valuable lesson, albeit painful, to learn. You can back up on your Media Card or register your email address for the backup.

The built in BBM backup is probably the reason they didn't include it in BlackBerry Protect.

08-10-11 12:59 AM
    There are a few ways to backup / restore your BBM Contacts.

1. Using a DM Backup or Loader Backup. Did you ever make a Backup with Desktop Manager? Did you ever upgrade your OS? Was the Style your first BB?

2. Using the Restore function eithin BBM's options.
    There are two types: Remote Backup & Local Backup.
    Have you tried these? If you're lucky, you had one of these set up, possibly without even knowing it.
    Open BBM, click MENU (aka the BB key to left of Trackpad), click the O key, select Options. (Or just scroll to Options and select it.) Scroll down to the Backup Management section of BBM options, and select Restore.
    Try the first option first, Restore using email. (That's Remote Backup)
    If it wasn't set up, go back and try the other option, Restore using a backup file from device. (That's Local Backup.)

Either way, make sure you set this up this time. Register all email addresses to work with Remote Backup and make a Local Backup too. Set Local Backup to automatiy backup Contact List changes.

Anytime you're going to upgrade your OS or BBM, double-check that these settings are enabled and manually make a Local Backup just to be extra safe.
    08-10-11 01:29 AM
    Next time ill remember to do that !!!

08-10-11 10:43 AM
    Next time ill remember to do that !!!
    Have you tried both methods of Restore from your BBM options yet?
    You might have had 1 of the Backup methods activated without realizing it...

If you did, you'll instantly be re-connected with all your contacts again.
    08-10-11 09:15 PM
    Yeah I actualy did but but non of them worked .....

@ trsbbs , dude I found a few peaces of the phone but most of it was gone the garbage had allready been pick up to day , so Unfortunately that's gonna b a no on the picture and the way it bit it was when I was txting wile trying to cut a 2" by for a floor remodel I'm working on

08-11-11 12:05 AM
    Yeah I actualy did but but non of them worked .....

@ trsbbs , dude I found a few peaces of the phone but most of it was gone the garbage had allready been pick up to day , so Unfortunately that's gonna b a no on the picture and the way it bit it was when I was txting wile trying to cut a 2" by for a floor remodel I'm working on

You should be happy it was just the BB that got mangled.
    08-11-11 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD