have a samsung blade at the moment, am on a contract and i am hoping to buy a blackberry phone without a sim card because i want 2 put my sim card that i am using at the moment into the blackberry phone, will it work???
    07-11-10 02:52 PM
    have a samsung blade at the moment, am on a contract and i am hoping to buy a blackberry phone without a sim card because i want 2 put my sim card that i am using at the moment into the blackberry phone, will it work???
    it should work but you may need to contact your network and register with the blackberry internet services so things like email and bbm work
    07-11-10 03:04 PM
    What carrier are you on?
    07-11-10 03:56 PM
    The carrier you are on really makes all the difference. If you are an american and try and bring a phone to T-Mobile for example, it won't work because T-Mobile purchased different frequencies than the majority of the companies. (Ironically bringing a phone from T-Mobile to any other network is fine as long as it's unlocked. It's a hardware issue)

Talk to your network and they can help you out. As a warning your carrier actually can detect what phone you are using at all times so attempting to browse data on a BB while on the cheap cellphone browsing plan doesn't work. The ports are different. (long story)
    07-11-10 04:21 PM
    The carrier you are on really makes all the difference. If you are an american and try and bring a phone to T-Mobile for example, it won't work because T-Mobile purchased different frequencies than the majority of the companies. (Ironically bringing a phone from T-Mobile to any other network is fine as long as it's unlocked. It's a hardware issue)

Talk to your network and they can help you out. As a warning your carrier actually can detect what phone you are using at all times so attempting to browse data on a BB while on the cheap cellphone browsing plan doesn't work. The ports are different. (long story)
    This makes no sense. Any unlocked GSM phone will work on T-Mobile. Any unlocked GSM BlackBerry will work on T-Mobile. The only phones that won't are Sprint/Nextel and Verizon/Alltel. Just about everything else will work.
    07-11-10 05:34 PM
    Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

I asked what carrier because in the US, AT&T will require a data plan for a BlackBerry activated on their network.
    07-11-10 05:55 PM
    I really wish that only people that actually knew the answers would post. Sometimes it makes it that much harder to get a straight answer.
    07-11-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD