Hi there

First time on here - Having problems with Data Services in the UK - using 8520 set to Mobile Data connection only but also access to UMA - been a real problem with speed at the moment - eg - took 5 minutes to email a 300 k photo - I've been onto Orange and they have told me of issues with BB Data Services but I have a funny feeling they maybe fobbing me off - I've tried switching to UMA but this is non existant which Orange have confirmed will happen - Net connection is fine for several other PC in house and we are on relatively fast connection

Any help would be appreciated
    06-10-11 03:07 AM
    ther has been a hit and miss with all the carriers in the uk, am with t-mob and it has been coming and going. same with o2, just have to wait it out
    markatipswich likes this.
    06-10-11 03:53 AM
    Same with UMA ????
    06-10-11 03:59 AM
    Same with UMA ????
    Yes, it's the WIFI that's causing the problem and UMA uses wifi. Turn wifi completely off untill this is sorted. Works fine trough mobile network now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    markatipswich likes this.
    06-10-11 06:30 AM
    atm I have Mobile Network only for data set but there is a grey WIFI symbol and the name of my ADSL modem next to the Orange in the middle - does that mean that if the WIFI/UMA was working ok it would run Data through WIFI and the speeds we were used too ( only took seconds for a 2mb file download) - maybe that explains why the speeds are very slow at home at the moment as it's only running on GPRS ( our BB is not 3g) ???
    06-10-11 07:23 AM
    I was getting uma rather than UMA for 3 days there on orange UK, now re-registered my phone yesterday on the host table and had no issues since then.
    06-10-11 08:25 AM
    It is a known issue at the moment, I have re-registerd my phone twice today, re-sent service books and done battery pulls and the minute Wi-Fi connects up data services drop altogether still.
    06-10-11 08:39 AM
    Def back to normal on Vodafone UK.

06-11-11 03:50 AM
    Def NOT back to normal on Orange UK.

Tried this morning and again nothing happens once Wi-Fi connects up.
    06-11-11 06:45 AM
    Def NOT back to normal on Orange UK.

Tried this morning and again nothing happens once Wi-Fi connects up.
    I just turned wifi on on my wife's Orange Pearl 3G and UMA came back on in capitals so it seems ok so far

We're in Northern Ireland.

06-11-11 07:31 AM
    I just turned wifi on on my wife's Orange Pearl 3G and UMA came back on in capitals so it seems ok so far

We're in Northern Ireland.

Have you tried it yet?

Mine would tend to indicate everything is fine, capital UMA and the service status shows Blackberry connected but when I try and browse the internet, send a BBM, check facebook or twitter then nothing happens and eventually a time-out error occurs.
    06-11-11 10:37 AM
    Just to say that mine is now working. Looks just the same as normal but now it does actually transmit and receive data as well so I'm sorted
    06-11-11 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD