A little bit bit of Dr. Pepper was spilled on my BB after a friend slammed on the brakes and my big-gulp went flying! I immediately removed the battery. I replaced in about 45 min later because it really didn't get that wet at all and had already dried- and the screen was black. The next morning I tried to replace the battery again and it miraculously works just fine!

Today, a week later, all of a sudden it stopped working! I went to check my text messages and the screen was white and and frozen. I took the battery out and replaced it and the screen went black again and the screen just dimmly flashes and goes black again. The phone is apparently working cause it rings when text or call- you can answer a call but you can't hear anything and the caller can't hear you.

Could it be an OS problem? The inside of the phone does not show any pink or anything. What can I do? Thanks so much in advance!!!!
    08-07-09 02:52 AM
    The phone is apparently working cause it rings when text or call- you can answer a call but you can't hear anything and the caller can't hear you.
    There is most likely damage to the earpiece speaker and the mic.

Could it be an OS problem? The inside of the phone does not show any pink or anything. What can I do? Thanks so much in advance!!!!

Just because the stickers you can see do not show signs of damage doesn't mean there isn't. There could be internal damage to the motherboard.

You could try wiping your device and reloading the OS to see if that is the problem, but it sounds more like there was damage to the hardware.

Hopefully you have insurance on your phone to get it replaced.
    08-07-09 03:06 AM
    I'm going to guess that the amount of time you left the amount
    of sugar in there is what has caused this issue. Combine that
    with the fact that 45 minutes is nowhere near the amount of time
    you needed to dry that out I suspect the thing is soon to be toast.
    08-07-09 03:53 AM
    I once lost my phone at the beach in the sand, I found it after maybe 2 hours but the humidity got the phone wet inside and it didn't work just like this. Then I waited like 3 days and it worked...but the vibrator was damaged so I got a warranty replacement.
    08-07-09 11:00 AM
    My husbands phone (not a blackberry at the time) went through the washer AND dryer and it worked after we dried it out. Then it started doing the same thing, you can't hear the caller and the screen will sometimes turn all white and sometimes all black but the phone is still powered on. We put it in a container of rice right after it happened, which I think is why it was working. But my guess is that just enough liquid got to the screen/speakers and its just taking time for it to fry it.
    08-07-09 11:14 AM
    Thanks everyone for your responses! I ended up bringing my phone into Sprint. The lady took my phone back and plugged in a headset to it, which corrected the earpiece and mic problem. She says this is something that commonly happens and mentioned something about a glitch. She also gave me directions on how to wipe out the phone by dialing a number- now it's working like new. ALSO they let me add an insurance option!
    08-10-09 06:52 PM
    If you eever decide to spill liquid on your device again, take out the batter and put it and the handset into a bag of rice. Let it sit for at least 8 hrs and try starting it up. Make sure you take the battery out immedietly after it got wet and don't try starting it up again just put it in the rice and wait. I did this with my 83XX after it went bathing in sweet tea, it worked fine after that so just give that a try. Also you may get rice in the device just shake it out It'll be cool lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD