Got my new curve 9300 on orange uk. My broadband provider is virgin media using the fibre optic connection 10Mb speed. So I have run the BB WIFI set up and successfully connected to my D-Link DI-524 router. The BB screen (top) details the WIFI network name and the WIFI logo turns from grey to white and hence connected ok I assume...right? When I use the browser I get an initial google home page, after this I can surf at all. The brower times out and I get an error message after about 1 min. I have contacted orange & virgin, neither have a clue!
    I have tested the BB at a friends house which uses a USB mobile broadband dongle and a WIFI adaptor. The blackberry will connect to this OK and will surf a treat. The dongle is with 3 uk ISP.
    So I'm thinking it must be my home router set up, I next try my brothers bold 9700 on my WIFI network at home & to my frustration works a treat; surfing is excellent.
    My girlfriend has a new BB 9105 pearl 3G, this has the same problem as my curve 3g.
    I've tried all the obvious and need help. Does anybody know of a firmware issue with the new models or can anybody have an idea what else to try?
    09-12-10 03:02 PM
    could it be a security / encryption protocol fault in the wifi setup?
    09-14-10 07:34 AM
    I read that BB have a WIFI speed issues so I tried limiting the router wireless TX rate to 18Mbps....strangely both the curve 3G and Pearl 3G are now working using the WIFI seamlessly.
    09-15-10 03:25 PM
    your 524 is a nice little b/g router, make sure you have the latest firmware and backup your settings before you do the update D-Link High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Router ditto for your 9300, its b/g/n, make sure you have the latest fw. try removing all the security from the device and try it, you should be able to hit full speed pretty easy. wifi has been flawless on all my devices so I don't know where you got reverse info just give the device the best opportunity to be successful, don't mess with settings, use the router and device defaults first and then add security. I have zero reception @ home and never drop a call on wifi
    09-15-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD