i have a prb in my carve wifi
    when i scen for a networks i should be neer from the modem to apper or it wont apper i dont know y ?? it was working properly bs i had a problem in the mouse and when they fix it i had a problem in the wifi
    and when i go the wifi options and go to wifi tools .. wifi diagnostics ... blackberry infrastructure connecting has an X and i dunno y

plz i need help !!
    04-26-09 11:09 AM
    Try this. Go to manage connections/mobile network options and change connection preferences to "wifi-preferred". Now in manage connections. make sure there is a check in the box for wifi and that it has a green circle with a check in it on the right. If you have that go to manage connections/wifi options make sure connection mode is automatic. If you see your router in the saved profilelist highlight it. Now hit menu key then edit. make sure "automatically obtain IP address and DNS" and " allow inter-access handover" are checked. Hit the back key. Now while your still highlighting the router hit menu key and select move. Move it to the top of the list. Hit the back key again and save. Hope this helps.
    maximani likes this.
    04-26-09 11:40 AM
    i found every thing exp

this one

change connection preferences to "wifi-preferred". i didnt find it

and btw the wifi has a chart bs on the right side it has a - sin

i dunno why i should be neer from the modem !!
    04-26-09 12:35 PM
    I don't have your phone so I can only give you guidelines to go by. If you go to manage connections is there an option for mobile network options? In there should be the option to set it as wifi prefered.
    04-26-09 03:43 PM
    u shouldnt have to go to mobile network options, then wifi preferred. that is not wifi for internet usage, that is wifi for calling, which is UMA. unless that is what your are trying to do. if that is set, then if the wifi connection is stronger it will switch to uma instead of edge of GMA to make calls, but unless u have the service that allows u to use uma calling then it will still use minutes. I just go to advanced options, browser, then default browser config to hotspot, and then go make sure in ur browser that it is also set to hotspot. if you are using opera or bolt, make sure wifi is checked in their options also. then just go to manage connections and check wifi and scan.
    Last edited by tigim101; 04-26-09 at 04:29 PM.
    04-26-09 04:27 PM
    On my 8900, I set my preferences everywhere to wi-fi prefered, and moved the wi-fi connection to the top of it's list.
    On the home screen, I then see the icon and signal strength (strong) for the UMA connection.
    BUT, the symbol keeps changing every short while back and forth to EDGE instead of UMA.
    If the signal is strong, and I am connected, why does it slip back to EDGE? EVERYTHING is set to wi-fi preferred.
    Thanks !
    08-03-09 04:30 PM
    Hi, had the same problem, and it seems there are compatibility issues ona few fronts:

1) Routers (such as my NetGear Range Max) - so I turn off encryption, set to channel 11 and used MAC authentication
    2) Websites such as Google just spaz the BB out resulting in a 'connection problem' fault

After fiddling with the router as above I can get to most websites (yahoo mail included) but not gmail

HTH's
    10-31-09 02:17 AM
    also found opera mini helped
    11-01-09 01:55 AM
    now after 'upgrading' to latest opera mini version (5?) I am having wifi connection problems again.

anyone else?
    06-04-10 04:51 PM
    superb thing ... Million thanks to you duude ..
    12-04-12 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD