I add/edit my contacts and all my calendar items on my blackberry. Everything is fine until I go to sync with google.

First, my birthdays show up on my blackberry as a two day event even though this isn't how I entered them.

I am also finding when I sync my contacts that all the information I input on my blackberry doesn't sync (custom fields, etc) with my PC.

My question....am I doing something wrong in that I want my blackberry to have the correct information and when I sync I want my PC to copy that information and not change it whatsoever. Perhaps there is some option that I am not doing correctly? Very frustrated at this point. Please help!
    02-17-11 12:16 AM
    If you take a look at one of your Gmail Contacts and compare it with one of you BB Contacts, you'll see that they both don't have the same fields available. With that in mind, your custom fields from the BB will not sync.

I would start clean from one side or the other and do a sync and then use your Gmail Contacts as the Master set. Go in and edit and cleanup everything there and see if it doesn't start to look better after syncing.
    02-17-11 10:17 AM
    If you take a look at one of your Gmail Contacts and compare it with one of you BB Contacts, you'll see that they both don't have the same fields available. With that in mind, your custom fields from the BB will not sync.

I would start clean from one side or the other and do a sync and then use your Gmail Contacts as the Master set. Go in and edit and cleanup everything there and see if it doesn't start to look better after syncing.
    Thanks! I deleted everything on my PC and cleaned up all on my blackberry (only using the fields that would sync...thanks for pointing that out btw) and then synced and all is perfect!! I will definitely use my Gmail contacts as the master list.

Any advice on the calendar issues? I ended up deleting everything on my Gmail calendar and haven't tried syncing yet as it messes up my "all day" events every time. Perhaps outlook is a better program to use for my calendar? For now I will just hope I don't lose everything on my BB and backup to DM every few days.

Thanks again for your help! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 01:36 PM
    The BIS calender when syncing screws up on the ALL DAY events. I had to change the event to an hour long. Does not effect me myself, not sure how many people will cry not seeing a b-day listed as whole day, but something to ponder.
    02-17-11 02:27 PM
    The BIS calender when syncing screws up on the ALL DAY events. I had to change the event to an hour long. Does not effect me myself, not sure how many people will cry not seeing a b-day listed as whole day, but something to ponder.
    Sweet! I changed all mine to the hour duration and the sync worked perfectly. Does it look as neat as an all-day event? No, but the lack of sync hassle is well worth it to me.

Thanks again :-)

02-17-11 02:50 PM
    Your welcome, glad that was an acceptable trade-off.
    02-17-11 02:56 PM
    Ok good info MobileMadness002, now I have another question. Do you know a way to synch the US Holidays from Google to my BB?
    03-23-11 11:20 PM
    If you have US Holidays calendar on your google calendar, go to options on Google Sync and add that calendar to "Sync these calendars". That should add the US Holidays calendar. That worked for my calendar.
    03-24-11 09:41 AM
    I have another Google Calendar question. When I try to sync multiple calendars under my google account, my Blackberry keeps consolidating all events into my default calendar. So now I've ended up having two copies of every event. Isthere a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance! Hope this was the right place to post this.

I'm on a Torch, by the way.

03-24-11 10:26 AM
    I had the same problem. What I did was to delete all the calendar entries from the default calendar. With the calendar opened on my BBerry, I opened the menus and went to select calendar. I chose only the default calendar account and deleted every entry in the calendar. After having done so, I chose "Show all calendars" under "Select Calendar" and the only calendars available were my calendars from google that I wanted to sync. All the duplicate entries were gone. I don't know if there is a faster way to do this, but this method worked for me.
    03-24-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD