Hi everybody !

I got a BB Bold 9000 in Korea. Moving to Thailand I asked a phone shop here in Chiangmai to unlock my BB, but they told me it's impossible...

I'm not an expert and would very appreciate if someone can give some advice..

Thanks !
    11-07-10 03:33 AM
    It's not impossible to unlock unless it's a CDMA bold 9700

Does it take a SIM card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 05:02 AM
    My BB is a Bold 9000 CDMA.
    When inserting a different SIM card than the original Korean one it says "invalid SIM card"
    11-07-10 05:43 AM
    My BB is a Bold 9000 CDMA.
    When inserting a different SIM card than the original Korean one it says "invalid SIM card"
    CDMA devices don't take SIM cards, so yours is a GSM device.

You need to get it unlocked for the SIM to work inside it. Go to Options > About to verify if it's in fact CDMA and not GSM. Rare ones have both.

11-07-10 05:47 AM
    When looking to options > about, I cannot see neither CDMA nor GSM mention. The 2 first lines are as follow:

Blackberry@ 9000
    Smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    11-07-10 06:01 AM
    When looking to options > about, I cannot see neither CDMA nor GSM mention. The 2 first lines are as follow:

Blackberry@ 9000
    Smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    Okay, in order to find out it's just a GSM phone, you'll need to go back to the place you bought it new from, and ask them.

GSM=SIM card
    CDMA=No SIM card

Most likely your 9000 is a GSM device because 3G doesn't exist on CDMA, only EVDO does.

Since I clarified it, go back, demand it be unlocked and you'll be able to use it anywhere in the world. If that person doesn't do it, go to the Blackberry unlocking subforums and post in one of the threads.

11-07-10 06:11 AM
    Unlocking forums: http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/

You just have to post in an already existing thread.

11-07-10 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD