Just installed 6.0.0.534 for my 9700 with Chinese font. After I shrunk my OS with BB Boss 2.2.2 my Chinese font was gone.

Did I do something wrong here? I already left Chinese unchecked under language files. Does it have something to do with the fonts as well (I rmb I used to be able to remove all of the fonts without a problem and I would still be able to read Chinese, but that was an older version of BB Boss)?

Could it be the Chinese Reader under Other Applications? I thought that was just an application instead of a font/language file so I shrunk it.

Thanks
    04-08-11 08:05 PM
    Lets do this, why dont you try unchecking chinese reader (dont even know what this is) and all the font files you just deleted? To see if it brings them back. The solution is pretty easy to come up with, when you are already shrinking everything. Just shrink less.
    04-08-11 08:59 PM
    Unchecking it and clicking direct shrink on phone does nothing for me. It just says are you sure you want to remove 0 files? Click OK and nothing will happen.

I'm just hoping to see if anybody has the answer for my question or any idea what not to remove before I go reinstall my OS 4-5+ times =(
    04-08-11 09:04 PM
    I dont think you have to reinstall the OS 5 times. Just shrink on disk, then connect the phone and open apploader. It will add back the fonts without reinstalling the whole OS.
    04-08-11 09:06 PM
    Thanks! I followed your method and it worked without having to re-install OS.

I've been doing it the hard way all along lol... but now I've got it fixed!

And for those who do not already know:
    Monotype font = traditional Chinese
    Global Type font = simplified Chinese
    mad_eyes and UnderBerry like this.
    04-08-11 09:33 PM
    Thanks that's very helpful
    04-10-11 08:15 AM
    Thanks! I followed your method and it worked without having to re-install OS.

I've been doing it the hard way all along lol... but now I've got it fixed!

And for those who do not already know:
    Monotype font = traditional Chinese
    Global Type font = simplified Chinese
    much thanks. that's exactly what i wanted to know.
    06-11-11 01:06 AM
    It really is not necessary to shrink out any of the language files. When you run apploader.exe, you get the option to install or not install languages anyway. Just opt to not install languages when you run apploader.exe.
    06-11-11 01:21 AM
    Were having the same problem & just found this thread, it worked, thank you guys.
    06-13-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD