Ok thank you. Are there any good IM apps that work with wi-fi? Because I am using Palringo and it is not that great...and when I tried to use Instango it would never load my contacts and then it would not even connect...
    Unfortunately no, I didn't find any other free ones at least that use Wi-Fi. I have searched all around the web and no luck,
    The only ones that do work with Wi-Fi but you have to buy them are IM+ and BeeJive

If you want search them out, they have a 10 or 30 day trial so you can test them out.

I personally use Palringo and even though the usage of it is a bit not friendly, its the only one that works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 02:51 PM
    Do I have to turn my network off everytime I want to use Wifi? Every time I connect to Wifi and click on my browser, it uses the 3G which charges me extra. I don't have a data plan.
    Well you could change the setting of your Browser to Hotspot to able to use it with Wi-Fi.

To do this go and open your Blackberry browser, then press the blackberry button, go to options then Browser configurations and change the Browser type to "HotSpot".
    Save and test it.

10-17-09 02:56 PM
    Well you could change the setting of your Browser to Hotspot to able to use it with Wi-Fi.

To do this go and open your Blackberry browser, then press the blackberry button, go to options then Browser configurations and change the Browser type to "HotSpot".
    Save and test it.

Thanks seems to always be using Wifi when I use my browser and have my Mobile Network turned on.
    10-17-09 03:22 PM
    Ok thank you and are there and cracked versions or is there a certain way to download either of those IM clients free?
    10-18-09 12:55 AM
    You can also call att and have them turn off your data plan. Then no matter what you do you can not get charged internet usage
    10-18-09 12:57 AM
    Has anyone been able to get Instango to "connect"?
    10-18-09 12:58 AM
    nah even im not able to connect instango..i worked fine untill last 2 weeks...
    10-18-09 01:07 AM
    Ok thank you and are there and....versions or is there a certain way to download either of those IM clients free?
    Please edit this post you submitted and remove the inappropriate words and please don't ask about illegal ways to obtain these applications. It is against the rules of the crackberry forums to do so.

If you want try them for free as i said they have trials:

Beejive Trial
    IM+ Trial
    10-18-09 09:57 AM
    I just saw i was offline with instango. I did however managed to reconnect it. Does anybody know if this program still under development?? Its a program i like... Most of the other free im clients are not as good in my opinion although there is still room for improving instango.

10-18-09 10:19 AM
    I would really like to know that too, i haven't got to run instango proper for like 2 months.

There was a pre-released version of instango that was newer than then one located in their website that has lesser problems, but has still connection issues.

If any one knows let us know!
    10-18-09 12:03 PM
    Between Bbjive and IM+ which is the better quality for its value?
    10-18-09 12:31 PM
    By the way how much are they?
    10-18-09 12:33 PM
    Are there any free wi-fi email apps besides LogicMail?
    10-18-09 08:28 PM
    Between Bbjive and IM+ which is the better quality for its value?
    I don't know, you should try them both and see what you prefer.

10-19-09 10:32 PM
    Are there any free wi-fi email apps besides LogicMail?
    Besides that, funambol email, which is the best free wi-fi app I found so far, unfortunately since last month it is only offered as a 90 day trial only without an option to buy or extend.

10-19-09 10:34 PM
    Ok is there anyway to get an older version o that app that is not a trial?
    10-20-09 04:30 PM
    Ok is there anyway to get an older version o that app that is not a trial?
    I'm afraid not sine in order to download the funambol client you must have an account since you don't have an account, you have to sign up and it is past October 1st so you can't. But I read in their website that if you help out with feedback and forum solution solving and you contribute enough, you can request your account to be off the limit of 90 days.

Trust me if any other app or solution existed you would had found it on my post forum here.

10-20-09 05:13 PM
    Could you possibly email me a full version of the app as an ttachment that would work?
    10-21-09 04:14 PM
    e tried all of this and it still does not work...It will only show a black screen when I go to play the movie...It never loads...
    10-21-09 06:02 PM
    Could you possibly email me a full version of the app as an ttachment that would work?
    Listen, the app syncs with the funambol portal. The problem is not getting a full version app since if you had one you would still need an account to access your email from the funambol portal. And since you are not registered prior to October 1st, you can't use the app more than 90 days upon signing up.

Stop looking for a solution other than contributing to their funambol portal via forum replies and such. There isn't any other solutions.

Last edited by andyhavoc; 10-21-09 at 08:19 PM.
    10-21-09 08:16 PM
    e tried all of this and it still does not work...It will only show a black screen when I go to play the movie...It never loads...
    I'm sorry to hear that, I'm really out of solution ideas. I hope you can find a fix.

10-21-09 08:21 PM
    Oh ok. I thought it worked more like Outlook or Thunderbird does on a computer...
    10-22-09 07:01 AM
    Added Seesmic & OpenBeak Twitter clients for Blackberry Bold.
    11-21-09 06:34 AM
    New Updated post for 2010 regarding this post, for all those Non-BIS Blackberry lovers out there, that wanna use only Wi-Fi Apps that do the job well.

I search all over the internet so you don't have to do it.

Cheers
    03-24-10 08:12 AM
    Dev App
    bbssh | bbssh (dot) org/ota (I can't post link, replace "(dot)" by ".")

You can add this app to the list. It's a ssh client for blackberry. For people who use this type of program, it's great and works on wifi! You need to change the configuration to do so.
    05-03-10 08:52 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD